PDA

View Full Version : Enemy practice report 3/19

XingTheRubicon
3/20/2007, 08:02 PM
From Macky Mack's homepage

We’re glad to be back after spring break. We had a good practice and the guys were excited to be back. On Wednesday, we’ll combine Pro Day, which starts at 10:30 in the morning, with practice in the afternoon. I think ESPN is going to come in and shoot some of that. Then we’ll practice again on Thursday and have a scrimmage on Saturday. We’ll do the same during the last week. We’ll practice on Monday and move to Wednesday because of class conflicts. We’ll practice Thursday in shorts and have our spring scrimmage on Saturday at noon.

We’re doing a special thing with the lettermen at the spring scrimmage. We’re going to have some guys from each of the decades come out and line up in the formation that was most popular at that time and run a play. I think it will be really good. After they get done, all of the lettermen will be down on the field and throw t-shirts with their names on them up in the crowd. Then they’ll go over and form a rally line for the guys to come out on to the field. That should be between the time where our guys are loosening up and come out on the field.

We also had some of the cast of The Lion King come out and spend the day with us at practice today. They enjoyed practice and all had jerseys with their names on them. It was an opportunity for them to sing a song for the guys after it was over, and the guys really enjoyed it. They broke the team down at the end of it.

Also, Tim Crowder, Justin Blalock, Brian Robison and Kasey Studdard were out at practice today, and they look great. They’re in preparation for their Pro Day on Wednesday, so that’s a very important day for these guys, and they can’t wait to get started.

On the areas that need improvement after watching tape of the first half of spring practice: The things that we’ve got to get accomplished are that we’ve got to separate our two quarterbacks behind Colt (McCoy). We’ve got to try to get one of them to be in position to be in a leadership role for that second-team spot when they come back. Same thing at tailback, we’ve got to find that second guy, and we’ve got to shore up the offensive line. We’ll continue to work on the running game, because we’ve got some ideas we need to look at. We’re still trying to build on that. Defensively, more than anything else, we need to work on our depth and shore together our secondary. With Larry Mac Duff coming in, we’ll also try to tie together the changes we’ll have in our philosophy.

On who is taking the lead for the second-team running back position: Right now, you’ve got Chris Ogbonnaya, Vondrell McGee and James Henry. You’ve got three guys that are all working. One make a good play here and a good play there, but right now, no one has secured the spot.

On any position changes: No, we felt like what we would do is, after the first seven, take the next eight and leave everybody where they are. It will give them a better chance to try to get a spot to play in the fall.

On Henry Melton playing defensive end: Henry has really done well. Henry, Eddie Jones and Lamarr Houston, all really showed up in the first seven days. We’ll have to watch the film today, but we think it’s a good move for Henry. It looks like, if he can continue to learn, that he’s got a chance to be a really good player there. We’ve moved Brian Ellis inside to defensive tackle, and Brian has made some really good progress. Dre Jones looked really good as a young defensive tackle inside.

On if Brian Ellis played inside for the first seven practices: Yes, we did not change anyone today. Brian moved in, and he showed quickness, he really chased the ball. It’s a different position for him, so he’s learning, but we’re really impressed. We’ve been impressed with some things we’ve seen out of Antwan Cobb at fullback.

On if the secondary is still clustering players: We’re doing that across the board with our team. We’re trying to get everybody as much experience as we can. We’re using spring to try to evaluate and create depth. We’d like to see the more experienced ones against the less. We’ve got a really young football team. We’ve got a lot of guys that need to get pressed this spring instead of next fall.

On who is deep snapping: Will Harvey, and we’re still working there. Short snap would be Derek Lokey, but we’ve got to continue to work on the deep snapping.

On John Chiles: John can play quarterback, we think. He wants to. He hasn’t discussed playing anywhere else at this point. He’s a strong runner, which we all knew. He’s protected the ball well, and I thought he had his best day throwing the ball today. He and Sherrod are both ahead in the running game and still have some work to do in the passing game.

On Pro Timing Day and why Texas players are successful on it: They’re good players that really work hard to do what they need to do, and hopefully we’ve prepared them. We asked the guys today, ‘If you had it to do over today at the combine, is there anything we could have helped you with that we could help future guys with?’ They said, ‘No, we were really prepared, and it went well.’ The other thing is that it’s such an advantage for some guys that weren’t invited to the combine to have so many guys that go to the NFL, because we’ll have 100 pro scouts, coaches and general managers in here on Wednesday. It gives everybody a great chance to have a good look. We do think it’s a real advantage for our guys.

On what the day means: It’s a tremendous amount of pressure on those guys on that day, so you’d rather see them have fun. I talked to a couple of them today and said, ‘You’re going to run as fast as you can and you’re going to work as hard as you can, so it is what it. Just go enjoy it and have fun. You’re going to have to make a team even if you get drafted, so don’t let the draft get bigger than being able to make a team.’ You look at some of our guys that haven’t been drafted as high as we thought they would be, but they’re still playing and in some cases starting. The draft is important, but it’s not as important as playing, making and continuing to play for a team after you get there.

I really don't know where to start

goingoneight
3/20/2007, 08:07 PM
It's tha CIRCLE OF... :D

Sooner Eclipse
3/20/2007, 08:13 PM
Heh,

Looks like fiddy cent Mac is gone, and dumbass mack is back!!!! :)

The Mack factor returns for 07

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 08:32 PM
This is it. OU officially returns to dominance :D

OKC-SLC
3/20/2007, 08:54 PM
I'm sorry, I must have misread something.

I thought it said that the whorns had the cast of the Lion King out at practice, with jerseys and everything.

Man, that would have been embarassing for whorns, had that been what that actually said.

SoonerTerry
3/20/2007, 08:55 PM
They broke the team down?..

OKC-SLC
3/20/2007, 08:56 PM
Gosh, just imagine how silly that would have looked--the cast of the Lion King out there at practice with their cute Longwhorn jerseys on.

Oh, and I just thought of something---imagine if they sang a SONG to the TU players!!!!11!11!

Dude, that would be SO embarrassing, had that been what that actually said.

AzianSooner
3/20/2007, 09:52 PM
I don't understand. Is Mack saying that he is a Lion King?

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 09:56 PM
God has answered OUr prayers....

...Mack Brown is back ladies and gents!

goingoneight
3/20/2007, 10:01 PM
On John Chiles: John can play quarterback, we think.

This sounds familiar. We better own up and stop VY 2.0 :D.

Seamus
3/20/2007, 10:01 PM
I am the Lizard King!

Oh, wait -- wrong movie ...

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 10:06 PM
This sounds familiar. We better own up and stop VY 2.0 :D.
scenario: Vince Young vs. John Chiles

Similarity: speed and running ability

Difference: Chiles isn't 6'5 and 240 pounds, thus he isn't a truck

Thus concluding that Chiles going up against an OU defense would be like a bird going up against a freight train.

...thus he ends his college career as a backup

Octavian
3/20/2007, 10:35 PM
:D

...aaaaaaand they're back!

Can you imagine Bob ever doing anything like that?

Had a good day today....really executed in a great way...getting better on offense and hitting harder on defense. That's what we're s'posed to do in the spring.

Now....you're prob'ly wonderin' about those four guys in the furry costumes. Well...they're gonna break the team huddle, sing us a song, and we'll all take some pictures.

Tonight, the coaches and I are gonna get together and watch The Little Mermaid. We'll be serving ice cream and cookies...you're all welcome to come.

BASSooner
3/20/2007, 10:37 PM
ummm Stoops and the coaching staff would chase these furry mascots out with shotguns.

insuranceman_22
3/20/2007, 10:59 PM
But suc would have done it different. All the 5 stars recruits would get there new bentley's, fifty cent would've passed out the weed and all the returning starters would draw from hats to see who's parents would be living in which 500,000 house for the school year. But Mack's line king was nice......welcome back mackey, good to see ya.

batonrougesooner
3/20/2007, 11:01 PM
This Lion King concept is begging for a fark.

Paperclip
3/20/2007, 11:21 PM
Well, this is the same team that watched Legally Blonde as an in-flight movie.

SteelClip49
3/21/2007, 12:18 AM
I miss seeing that golden hat in the Switzer Center. We need it back. I frequent the Center because, well, it's my sanctuary and cuz I know a lot of stuff. That trophy, other than the Crystal Ball, sure lights up the room.

I am also wondering when the hell the Holiday Bowl trophy will be there.

Paperclip
3/21/2007, 08:16 AM
I am also wondering when the hell the Holiday Bowl trophy will be there.

I heard it beached itself in the Galapagos.

Flagstaffsooner
3/21/2007, 11:29 AM
The things that we’ve got to get accomplished are that we’ve got to separate our two quarterbacks behinds from Colt (McCoy)'s behind. Mack, try spraying them with a garden hose. If all else fails use a crowbar. Shades of Chrissy.

OKLA21FAN
3/21/2007, 11:56 AM
so does this mean the end of lifting weights?

opksooner
3/21/2007, 01:02 PM
[Church Lady] Well...........isn't that speshull![/Church Lady]

XingTheRubicon
3/21/2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=40&url_article_id=2845&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/2540/brownmack032007300oa1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Cast members who were able to make it to practice included Cameron Ball (Little Simba), Jordan Bratton (Little Simba), Diamond Curvy (Little Nala), Gugwana Dlamini (Rafiki), Kenisha Harris (Little Nala) and Geno Segers (Mufasa). Each member of the cast received a personalized Longhorn jersey and got the chance to meet and speak with coach Brown before practice.

"You think that people are untouchable when they reach a level that coach Brown has reached," stated Segers. "But, you can clearly see that he is a people person, not only by the way he has treated us, but by the talent he has been able to recruit."

Segers, who played football at Division I-AA Western Carolina, equated spring practice to what the actors do when they are building toward a performance.

"With spring practice, you start with one day and you continue to work your way up," added Segers. "It's the same way with the rehearsal process. You go through it, and especially in "The Lion King," you learn how to adjust to the equipment and to the puppet, so you are ready when it is time to perform."

Since February 25, the cast members have thrilled Austin audiences, breaking box office records at the UT Performing Arts Center. But, on Monday, they were the ones being thrilled. It was all a very back and forth surreal experience, similar to a gay tornado.

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/3750/banfy2.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

The last sentence may have been partially or completely embellished.

StuIsTheMan
3/21/2007, 02:38 PM
:mack: Stolen Letter from Mack Baby's desk...

Date:1-22-07

To: DeLoss Dodds
Athletics Director
University of Texas

CEO – Avanir Pharmaceuticals

Dear Sir,

It is sad to inform you and your great institution that we will no longer be able to sponsor your great football team this year. It has come to the board’s attention that the over all use of our product “Abreva” by your football program has us showing a rather large loss on the year.
Now when our company became a sponsor in 1997, we offered Coach Brown a free supply for him and his team as long as we were a sponsor. Well it started off as just what would seem to be “Normal Usage”, but buy 2000 we were shipping full Trailer Loads to your Football Trainers office. And that has more than doubled since. And all we got were 3 season tickets behind the students section and a 4’ x 4’ hand painted sign. (By the way its ABREVA not ABERVA)
Now we here at Abreva hope you, your staff and players continue to use our product, but from here on out you are going to have to pay for it.

Sincerly,

Dr. Yakatan

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 02:51 PM
Well, this is the same team that watched Legally Blonde as an in-flight movie.

Reese Weatherspoon, dude.

Anyway, do the teams get to pick the movies? They fly airline charter, so I imagine they see whatever American/Delta/whatever is showing that month.

mdklatt
3/21/2007, 02:52 PM
If any Sooner coach ever pulls this kind of crap I will turn in my paperclip for good.

Luthor
3/21/2007, 03:43 PM

Had a good day today....really executed in a great way...getting better on offense and hitting harder on defense. That's what we're s'posed to do in the spring.

Now....you're prob'ly wonderin' about those four guys in the furry costumes. Well...they're gonna break the team huddle, sing us a song, and we'll all take some pictures.

Tonight, the coaches and I are gonna get together and watch The Little Mermaid. We'll be serving ice cream and cookies...you're all welcome to come.

Is that just before or after the 2 giant stuffed ponies come out of the tunnel pulling the minnie-me wagon?

RedstickSooner
3/21/2007, 03:55 PM

Tonight, the coaches and I are gonna get together and watch The Little Mermaid. There may be ice cream and cookies. There may not. I'm not really going to speak to that just now, as we've got a lot of party planning to work through between now and then. You're all welcome to come. I really think it could be something special. That movie is moving, uh, moving in a really great way. We're all real excited to be watching it, you know, humbled by the whole tradition that film entails. It's really a great, great film.

Fixed it for you :)

goingoneight
3/21/2007, 11:15 PM
Look, Trabe... I'm not sayin' "Circle of Life" isn't a good deal, I'm just sayin'... in the end... I think I just wasn't impressed with the overall performance and execution. Again, I just wasn't overly impressed, I felt like Aladin on Ice was a far better performance overall, when ya look at 'em and say 'hey I'm gonna compare tha two.'