PDA

View Full Version : Looks like the defending champs may not make it to the Sweet 16

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 08:01 PM
Ole Miss is up on Maryland by 15 with about 5 minutes left.

But if anybody can make this a game, it's Maryland. They're about due for a big run.

Norman Sooner
3/20/2007, 08:07 PM
Geeez, i cannot believe Ole Miss is blowing this..they deserve to lose the way they have been playing the last 5 minutes

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 08:09 PM
did you see what Mulkey was wearing in the Baylor-NC State game.....o my gawd. what a freak.

I't probably only in Waco anyone knows how to "do" that hair style anymore....

Norman Sooner
3/20/2007, 08:17 PM
Mulkey always makes me think of all the meth heads that you see on the news..

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 08:25 PM
Ole Miss is up on Maryland by 15 with about 5 minutes left.

But if anybody can make this a game, it's Maryland. They're about due for a big run.

See people, this is how you RESPECT THE JINX!!!

Don't be boastful or laugh at the team whose demise you're rejoicing in until after the game is over. It was my tactful handling of Maryland's struggles that kept them from rallying to win it.

If somebody has a TIVO'd copy of the Baylor/NC State game, please post a screen shot of Mulkey screaming "NO!" after that last foul in regulation.

Norman Sooner
3/20/2007, 08:28 PM
Boy, after getting screwed by the selection committee, it looks like we are getting some breaks along the way..Too bad Tennessee couldnt get beat tonight..Looks like Ill be a Marist fan..Anyone know where they are located at?

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 08:36 PM
lotta empty seats for NCSU playing on their home floor.

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 08:37 PM
.Looks like Ill be a Marist fan..Anyone know where they are located at?

no, but i do believe their nickname is the "Red Foxes"....could be wrong though.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 08:39 PM
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, NY
Home of the Red Foxes
http://www.marist.edu/image/river.jpg

BajaOklahoma
Boy, after getting screwed by the selection committee, it looks like we are getting some breaks along the way..Too bad Tennessee couldnt get beat tonight..Looks like Ill be a Marist fan..Anyone know where they are located at?

Marist College is in Poughkeepsie, NY
I actually met a guy who graduated from Marist last Saturday. Nice guy, very excited about the team.

TopDawg
I never thought I'd cheer for Marist so much in so little time.

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 08:40 PM
stick a fork in Baylor.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 08:40 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/schools/mari/graphics/WBB-Team-06-07.jpg

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 08:43 PM
Coach Yao dresses like my grammaw. same ear rings. god bless her.

Soonerfan88
3/20/2007, 09:14 PM
If somebody has a TIVO'd copy of the Baylor/NC State game, please post a screen shot of Mulkey screaming "NO!" after that last foul in regulation.
Please do, would love to see that.

Strictly from a Big 12 point of view, at least Baylor took their opponent to OT and technically lost to a higher seed (4-5). Maryland, 2 seed defending champs, playing a 7 & right in their backyard in Conn....just pitiful.

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 09:21 PM
was she wearing a black bra-ish thing under that gold suede jacket?

wtf? Pat Benatar, eat yer heart out.

Salt City Sooner
3/20/2007, 09:59 PM
2 more upsets brewing as well:

Notre Dame is up 6 on UNC w/ 14:30 to go

Bowling Green is up 9 on Vandy w/ 16:20 to go

Wisconsin Green Bay is down 6 to UConn w/ 15:50 to go

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 10:26 PM

Looks like UNC is on a 13-2 run since this post.

UConn is now up 18.

Good lord, people. RESPECT THE JINX!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

SoonerStormchaser
3/20/2007, 10:28 PM
SHUT UP PEOPLES!!! If you're quiet enought...we'll win the NC!

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 10:29 PM
SHUT UP PEOPLES!!! If you're quiet enought...we'll win the NC!

I bet we don't now because YOU JUST JINXED IT!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Harry Beanbag
3/20/2007, 10:51 PM
Rik Smits went to Marist.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 11:01 PM

Welp, the Vandy one held up. That's cool.

Sooner98
3/20/2007, 11:42 PM
We're gonna win the NC!

There, I just double-reverse jinxed it back into our favor. :)

PAW
3/20/2007, 11:53 PM
Who was on here that said not to pencil in Maryland yet because of Ole Miss?

I'd like to give them some spek. It may still be gray, but props anyway.

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2007, 08:07 AM
hopefully Ole Miss gave all they had left

badger
3/21/2007, 08:17 AM
hopefully Ole Miss gave all they had left
even if they didn't, i think its fair to say our team has a lot more to give. we could have beaten poor Marquette by 50 and scored 122 points (take that, tennessee!)

bri
3/21/2007, 08:33 AM
Santa got my letter!!!

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2007, 10:07 AM
even if they didn't, i think its fair to say our team has a lot more to give. we could have beaten poor Marquette by 50 and scored 122 points (take that, tennessee!)

when they have everything going right, I don't think anyone could beat them.

NormanPride
3/21/2007, 03:55 PM
Ole Miss shot 27% above their average from the charity stripe - 88% to 61%
They shot 42% from behind the arc, when their best shooter averages 29% normally.
Maryland committed 20 turnovers in the first half, and shot just 24% from behind the arc.

Looks like Ole Miss played the game of their life, and Maryland fell apart in the first half.

I think if we control the turnovers the way we've been able to with Jenna in the lineup we have a good shot. However, Ole Miss has really good guards, and might be able to put some pressure on the inexperienced and relatively foul-prone Plumley. Look for us to abuse their post play and try to make this a free-throw shooting contest.

bri
3/21/2007, 04:31 PM
If they have really good guards, that could be our undoing. If they can pressure our outside players and muck up the inside passing lanes, it could be a 20+ turnover game. :eek:

TopDawg
3/21/2007, 05:00 PM
If they have really good guards, that could be our undoing. If they can pressure our outside players and muck up the inside passing lanes, it could be a 20+ turnover game. :eek:

Yeah, but we're used to winning games where we have 20+ turnovers.

Maryland wasn't.

NormanPride
3/21/2007, 05:03 PM
I don't know about that. If we stick with Jenna as our main ball-handler we'll be okay. We can also do the two pg look with her and Kendra if they really give us problems. I think once we started using that lineup, we really unlocked the last piece this team needs to make a deep run into the tourney.

You're right that good guards usually mess up our offense, but I think we can counteract that with the personnel we put on the court.

TopDawg
3/21/2007, 05:17 PM
I was just kidding, by the way.

But at least we've seen their aggressive nature on film. It's not that they're necessarily that much quicker than anybody we're used to, Maryland was just sloppy and Ole Miss was aggressive. A few pass fakes leading to 5-on-4 situations could fix all that.

bri
3/21/2007, 05:33 PM
I hope you guys are right...I just shake my head sometimes at how our perimiter players frequently seem to have no concept of entry angles and will just fling up the ugliest, worst entry passes ever.

RESPECT THE JINX!

KC//CRIMSON
3/21/2007, 05:41 PM
You're right that good guards usually mess up our offense, but I think we can counteract that with the personnel we put on the court.

Damn straight! Just give CP3 the rock and tell her to bum-rush that *hit to the hoop!

IronHorseSooner
3/23/2007, 01:30 PM
The first round game was won with an average game from the front court. The second round game was won with an average game from the back court (even though the game could've been a lot more lopsided than it was). They are balanced enough to recover from a deficiency in either area. If they can limit turnovers, CP3 will abuse them inside. Since Coach Coales starts, in reality, four outside players along with CP3, they should be able to handle the ball pressure, which should lead to easy looks for CP3....If they get by Ole Miss, I wonder who Coach will put on Parker (TENN beats Marist). Either Thompson or Rush would make sense.

bri
3/23/2007, 05:10 PM
they should be able to handle the ball pressure, which should lead to easy looks for CP3....

*cough*Texas A&M*cough*

TopDawg
3/23/2007, 05:33 PM
*cough*Texas A&M*cough*

From what I saw...and, granted, it was limited...it looked like Ole Miss didn't have as much on-ball pressure as A&M, they were just exploding through the passing lanes and picking off a lot of passes.

Beef
3/24/2007, 03:30 PM
Duke goes down.

bri
3/24/2007, 04:01 PM
Well, I didn't know they were just anticipating and jumping the passing lanes. It was sounding like they employed more on-ball pressure to deny the passing lanes, ala A&M. I stand happily corrected. :D

Also, the end of the Rutgers/Dook game was teh crazee.

TopDawg
3/24/2007, 05:07 PM
Well, I didn't know they were just anticipating and jumping the passing lanes. It was sounding like they employed more on-ball pressure to deny the passing lanes, ala A&M. I stand happily corrected. :D

I hope the part of the game I saw was indicitive of the whole game. I think it bodes better for us. We'll still need focused guard play either way.

Also, the end of the Rutgers/Dook game was teh crazee.

Can't believe I missed it. I'll have to see the highlights. Luckily SportsCenter can show more than 2 plays from the women's tourney games.

TopDawg
3/25/2007, 02:51 PM
Looks like the defending champs may not make it to the Sweet 16

Looks like we might've been better off if they had.