PDA

View Full Version : Hundreds Line Up For Sheep Testicles

Sooner in Tampa
3/20/2007, 03:03 PM
:eek: These freaks (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/Hundreds Line Up For Sheep Testicles)must have been from Stoolwater :eek:

VIRGINIA CITY, Nev. -- Hundreds of people waited in lines for up to an hour for a chance to taste something different at the 16th annual Mountain Oyster Fry. Servers at five booths dispensed about 130 pounds of "fried oysters," or sheep testicles, at the Saturday event in this historic mining town about 25 miles southeast of Reno. "People think, `Oh sheep testicles, gross,' but it was pretty good," said Amanda Palmer, 21, of nearby Carson City. "We try to get families from all over to try them, but they're all `nuh-uh,'" said Shauna Reese, 32, of Reno. "It's just another tender meat."

Mixer!
3/20/2007, 03:08 PM
Allegedly, Tumbleweeds is going to re-open March 29.

*yawn*

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 03:12 PM
Hell ****ing no.

Sooner in Tampa
3/20/2007, 03:14 PM
Hell ****ing no.Dude...you should lighten up and be more like 1TC :)

Dio
3/20/2007, 03:18 PM
"It's just another tender meat."

Heh.

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 03:19 PM
Dude...you should lighten up and be more like 1TC :)

FUTB?

Sooner in Tampa
3/20/2007, 03:21 PM
FUTB? :( I hope not!!!

Harry Beanbag
3/20/2007, 05:50 PM
http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/images/testiclefestphoto.jpg

If you're driving through Montana at the right time of the year, you'll see billboards advertising this shindig.

http://www.outwestnewspaper.com/balls.html

http://www.uoregon.edu/~khensche/testiclefestival.jpg

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 06:01 PM
If you're driving through Montana at the wrong time of the year, you'll see billboards advertising this shindig.

Fixed. :eek:

Harry Beanbag
3/20/2007, 06:18 PM
Fixed. :eek:

I guess that all depends on if you're looking for some tender meat or not. :texan:

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2007, 06:23 PM
lamb fries!!!!!!!!

rufnek05
3/20/2007, 06:33 PM
aparently none of you have worked on a ranch during the late spring

SoonerStormchaser
3/20/2007, 07:31 PM
Apparently, the males from Stoolwater venture out there every year and buy out the lot to replace all the balls they lost in the past year after the Sooners kept kicking them there.

rufnek05
3/20/2007, 07:33 PM
Apparently, the males from Stoolwater venture out there every year and buy out the lot to replace all the balls they lost in the past year after the Sooners kept kicking them there.

that was a blow below the belt.

oh wait. it wouldn't matter

olevetonahill
3/20/2007, 08:03 PM
If Ya aint ever had calf fries , dont knock em :pop:

royalfan5
3/20/2007, 08:18 PM
Christ, you people probably bitch about eating liver, heart and tongue too.

AlbqSooner
3/20/2007, 09:00 PM
The idea of what you are eating makes it hard to try them the first time, but Calf fries and Lamb fries are actually quite tasty.

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 09:04 PM
The idea of what you are eating makes it hard to try them the first time, but Calf fries and Lamb fries are actually quite tasty.

i agree. pretty good eatin', IMO. of course, you could deep fry a kitchen sponge and effin hillbillies would eat it.

though, i would not stand in line wearing pylon orange to do it.

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 09:08 PM
I guess that all depends on if you're looking for some tender meat or not. :texan:

Tender? Yes. Creamy? No. :eek:

rufnek05
3/20/2007, 09:08 PM
If Ya aint ever had calf fries , dont knock em :pop:

agreed.

i brought back some after THE snake hunt (if you are from anywhere near northwest oklahoma u will know which one i am talking about) and my girlfriend, from okc, got into them. she asked me..
GF "where did u get the octupus?"
ME "what octupus?"
GF "what is this stuff?"..*hands me a mountain oyster, one of the last three*
Me "oh you mean the calf fry's?i brought them back from the snake hunt. is that all that are left?"
GF "what are calf fries?

i told her, she wasn't too happy. still won't eat them

i also brought some rattle snake back, but it looked like fried fish so lucky she didn't eat any of that.

mdklatt
3/20/2007, 09:09 PM
The idea of what you are eating makes it hard to try them the first time

That's a pretty damn big obstacle.

olevetonahill
3/21/2007, 12:10 AM
That's a pretty damn big obstacle.
Why ?
they aint yours or your friends .:pop:

Hamhock
3/21/2007, 10:03 AM
Bakers Catfish

couple miles north of Muskogee on HWY 69. delish lamb fries and onion rings

Sooner in Tampa
3/21/2007, 10:30 AM
The term used to describe animal testicles, which are commonly processed and saved to be used as a food item. Typically, beef, lamb, and pork fries are the testicles most often sought to be braised, fried, poached, or sautéed and served as an appetizer or to accompany a main dish. European countries have long considered fries to be a delicacy where they are prepared and served in a variety of food dishes. In the U.S. Fries are often referred to a "Rocky Mountain Oysters" due to the difficulty for Midwestern and Mountain states to obtain true oysters during earlier days of sheep and cattle raising activities.

http://www.hormel.com/images/glossary/s/sheep_fries.jpg

Hamhock
3/21/2007, 10:45 AM
a traveler stops at a restaurant in rural Spain and orders the bull fries.

he tries them and loves them. he asks the waiter what they are. the waiter explained. after the initial shock, the guy decides he still likes them. the waiter further says their fries are choice because of the bull fight arena up the road. the fries they serve are only the freshest kills.

the guy stops by the restaurant every time he is in town and really begins to look forward to the treat.

after a few months, he is finishing up his meal and comments to the waiter that the fries were as delicious as always, but noticeably smaller. why?

the waiter replies: " The bull won".

Hamhock
3/21/2007, 04:33 PM
a traveler stops at a restaurant in rural Spain and orders the bull fries.

he tries them and loves them. he asks the waiter what they are. the waiter explained. after the initial shock, the guy decides he still likes them. the waiter further says their fries are choice because of the bull fight arena up the road. the fries they serve are only the freshest kills.

the guy stops by the restaurant every time he is in town and really begins to look forward to the treat.

after a few months, he is finishing up his meal and comments to the waiter that the fries were as delicious as always, but noticeably smaller. why?

the waiter replies: " The bull won".

this accidentally fell to page 2.

this joke is absolutely hilarious. you idiots.

Paperclip
3/21/2007, 09:36 PM
I attended a big calf fry in Cherokee a few weeks ago. I didn't think they were bad, but I didn't notice they had much taste either.

SoonerGirl06
3/21/2007, 10:02 PM
There's something about a bunch of guys discussing the taste of testicles that just ain't right....

goingoneight
3/21/2007, 10:56 PM
"Have a ball," heh.