PDA

View Full Version : My Uncle's BSC Wife

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/20/2007, 12:07 PM
My Dad's oldest brother died early yesterday morning. It was expected. He was in his 70s and had been sick for a while. I really feel for my cousins and his wife.

The funeral is Thursday and I'm really dreading seeing my other uncle's wife.

She is certifiable. A few years ago, she called my mom and cussed her out. Their answering machine picked up the call but she still denied it happened.

Once, when her husband was sick and in the hospital, she said "Ray (my dad) used to be really nice looking, but he just looks like **** these days."

When my Dad died, her family decided it was in everyone's best interest if she didn't come to his service. She called me exactly a month after he died and wanted to know why we didn't do this or that regarding his care. Now I just let it ring when she calls.

I'm afraid she's going to start some kind of drama on Thursday. She called my now dead uncle's wife the day before he died and was giving her all kind of grief and wondering if it was terminal and saying she would take them out to dinner.

Sigh. It's going to be a long day.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/gallery/images/t_xanax.jpg

NormanPride
3/20/2007, 12:13 PM
:(

Stupid relatives are the worst. Here's hoping that nothing happens...

MamaMia
3/20/2007, 12:28 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Cant someone in the family discretely corner her to give her some mandatory advice? Thats what my family does in these cases.

OUDoc
3/20/2007, 01:04 PM
olevet will go with you to the funeral if you want. I think he can fix the problem.

And, sorry to hear about your uncle.

slickdawg
3/20/2007, 01:08 PM
Sorry you have to deal with a nutso family member at such a bad time.

Every family has 'em though.

IB4OU2
3/20/2007, 01:12 PM
Slip a mickey into her punch at the wake...

OUDoc
3/20/2007, 01:15 PM
Slip a mickey into her punch at the wake...
Or punch her in the mickey at the wake...

OCUDad
3/20/2007, 01:21 PM
Condolences on the death of your uncle and I hope nothing goes awry at the wake...

Doc, you being an expert and all, what part of the body is the mickey?

OUDoc
3/20/2007, 01:24 PM
Doc, you being an expert and all, what part of the body is the mickey?
Probably the worst place to get punched.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/20/2007, 01:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your uncle.

Cant someone in the family discretely corner her to give her some mandatory advice? Thats what my family does in these cases.Unfortunately, that person has been my Mom in the past. For instance, my Dad had a sister who was BSC in her own right. When my grandfather died, this woman was all draping herself over the casket and stuff. Then she promptly went out to get drunk after the service. So when my Dad's other brother was in a motorcycle wreck and had very little time left, this same sister was going to do the same dramatic BS. My Mom pinned her up against the wall and gave her some choice words.

I really don't want to see a 60 year old catfight.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2007, 01:51 PM
I really don't want to see a 60 year old catfight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzCjyKeySQk

BajaOklahoma
3/20/2007, 07:44 PM
SBSB, sorry about your uncle. Even when it is expected, it can be hard.

And let the air out of her tires. All four of them.

olevetonahill
3/20/2007, 07:55 PM
SBSB, sorry about your uncle. Even when it is expected, it can be hard.

And let the air out of her tires. All four of them.
Best advice of the day . with what youve gone thru you shouldnt have to put up with Crazy .

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/22/2007, 10:11 PM
Update: So I thought we had dodged a bullet because BSC lady was not at the pre-funeral family lunch and I didn't see her at the service.

Afterwards, I was talking to my cousin (son of BSC woman) and his wife and daughter. Before I know what happened, BSC woman has her arm around me "Oh SBSB, so good to see you. I have a photo album for you in the car," she says.

My mom does an about face and leaves me standing there, so I follow her out of the room. The only good thing about seeing her was that she had some pictures of my Dad I don't have. She also gave me some pictures of people I don't know.

BajaOklahoma
3/22/2007, 10:37 PM
SBSB, don't toss the other pictures. When you can stand it, get your aunt to identify the others in the pictures. You will appreciate it later.

RacerX
3/23/2007, 06:30 AM
Then key scratch "psycho bitch" on her driver's door.

Sooner_Bob
3/23/2007, 09:26 AM
Sorry to hear about your uncle . . .

C&CDean
3/23/2007, 09:36 AM
When I first saw this thread I thought it was about BSG. Heh.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/23/2007, 10:30 AM
SBSB, don't toss the other pictures. When you can stand it, get your aunt to identify the others in the pictures. You will appreciate it later.No, they aren't people I'm related to. They are people she knows. I can get my dad's sister to identify the vintage ones of our family.

By the way, the day she called my Mom "a high-maintenance bitch who didn't give a ****" about my Dad was the day she lost the title of "aunt" in my book. She went further down the rungs when she commented on my Dad's appearance following his cancer treatment.

Petro-Sooner
3/23/2007, 11:26 AM
Good grief. Thats nuts.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/23/2007, 01:58 PM
Relatives are like regular folks; problem is we can't put them "on ignore list".Oh she's on my ignore list. She only has the number to my landline. I see her number on the caller ID and I ignore it.

This was the first time I had seen her in about 4 years.

The sad thing is, she wasn't always like this. I feel really bad for my cousins and my uncle because she's mean as hell.