PDA

View Full Version : All EA Sports NCAA Football 2007 People.......

OU-HSV
3/19/2007, 10:32 PM
I thought I knew the game inside and out..however, I was wrong! In my dynasty...I left OU a few seasons ago for a lesser program to try and build them up. Coincidentally I went to San Diego State. I've done really well there and after beating Florida in the 2018 Fiesta Bowl, I got a few coaching offers from better programs (which has happened many times before), so no big deal there. BUT just after that happened, a message popped up that said something like this "the Pac10 coference has extended an invitation to San Diego State to join their conference. They will boot Stanford out of the conference and allow you to join." Maybe that's not new to some of you other gamers...but to me, I've never seen that happen in any years of the game. And I always end up going to different teams in my dynasties. So I accepted and then landed the #1 recruiting class which was a first for me while at San Diego State. Anyone else ever had this happen??
Anyways, just thought it was crazy..yet neat too. And thought I'd share it w/some of you that are also obsessed with the game.

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 10:54 PM
You left OU? ARE YOU CEREAL???

j/k... sounds strange, definitely...

OU-HSV
3/19/2007, 10:58 PM
Haha, Yep I left OU because it was getting too easy to win. It wasn't easy to leave. I aint gonna lie....some tears were shed...but I had to do it. :D

setem
3/19/2007, 10:58 PM
I have never had that happen before.

On the other hand....I racked up over 1200 yards rushing in one game with AD in the 2006 game. Instead of adding yardage to his states I lost the 200+yards I got over 1000. I called and told EA about it and I was told there was nothing they could do about it.

I had an all-star day and they **** on my parade!

OU-HSV
3/19/2007, 11:00 PM
yeah setem that sux. I've noticed there's some wierd things like that in the game.

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 11:08 PM
I have never had that happen before.

On the other hand....I racked up over 1200 yards rushing in one game with AD in the 2006 game. Instead of adding yardage to his states I lost the 200+yards I got over 1000. I called and told EA about it and I was told there was nothing they could do about it.

I had an all-star day and they **** on my parade!

Barry Sanders, eat your heart out. :D

Pricetag
3/19/2007, 11:20 PM
Barry Sanders, eat your heart out. :D
Screw that. Tecmo Bo Jackson, eat your heart out.

I've seen Kansas booted out of the Big 12 before in dynasty play.

OU-HSV
3/20/2007, 06:59 AM
Screw that. Tecmo Bo Jackson, eat your heart out.

I've seen Kansas booted out of the Big 12 before in dynasty play.
Oh the classics..and 10 yard fight!
Haha, so KU got booted. Do you remember who replaced them?

emoinwinter
3/20/2007, 07:48 AM
A few years back I would play as USF before they were part of the Big East, and they they were invited to join the SEC, and I think they were offering to drop Ole Miss.

SoonersEnFuego
3/20/2007, 08:04 AM
I guess I never play that long in one dynasty to have that happen. Now I'm going to have to try it. Man, my wife's gonna be ticked off at me.

bri
3/20/2007, 08:17 AM

After they stopped laughing at you, you mean.

It's called "a life". Look into it.

Jason White's Third Knee
3/20/2007, 08:33 AM

...says the man with 8000+ posts on SF.com.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 09:35 AM
When I get next year's version, I think I'm going to start a dynasty with 3 teams.

1) OU, of course
2) create a cupcake team, put them in the SEC in place of...Vandy or something...and see how good I can make them
3) take the worst team in D-1 and see how high up the coaching ladder I can climb

ADs_Agent
3/20/2007, 09:52 AM
When I get next year's version, I think I'm going to start a dynasty with 3 teams.

1) OU, of course
2) create a cupcake team, put them in the SEC in place of...Vandy or something...and see how good I can make them
3) take the worst team in D-1 and see how high up the coaching ladder I can climb

I did that with Buffalo and Baylor. A lot of fun but really hard to do any real damage the first couple of years.

JohnnyMack
3/20/2007, 09:54 AM

**** that's just this time.

bri
3/20/2007, 09:56 AM

Wow, didn't see that one coming.

I'm pretty sure even "the man with 8000+ posts on SF.com" can laugh at the guy who called EA sports crying because he didn't get credit for all the yards he 'gained' in a VIDEO GAME.

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 10:10 AM
I did that with Buffalo and Baylor. A lot of fun but really hard to do any real damage the first couple of years.

Yeah, that's why I also take OU...it'd be too frustrating without some domination.

With a cupcake team it's especially hard because, for the most part, your talent lies with about 5 or 6 seniors who are in the 70's overall. You're slow and old, so it's really all about the talent you bring in after that first year. I usually put most of my eggs in a speedy RB basket and then try to get a good LB and a good DB. That's usually enough to get me to 3-4 wins the next year so I can recruit a little better.

setem
3/20/2007, 10:39 AM
Wow, didn't see that one coming.

I'm pretty sure even "the man with 8000+ posts on SF.com" can laugh at the guy who called EA sports crying because he didn't get credit for all the yards he 'gained' in a VIDEO GAME.

I didnt bitch at all about not getting cred. It did suck that I did not get the stats but I thought they should know that there was a glitch in the game!

In your heart, did you not wish that AD would break off a 10000000 yard day against tejas???

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2007, 10:55 AM
dude, dont give him anymore ammo to do what he does best

boomersooner82
3/20/2007, 11:04 AM
In the past I enjoyed playing with TCU, building it up and then replacing Baylor in the Big 12... the way it should have been...

...of course then I'd jump ship for OU and start whooping the Frogs like they were Baylor... the way things probably would have gone if TCU had joined the Big 12 instead of the Bears

garland sooner
3/20/2007, 11:14 AM
My roommate played as FSU and got out of the Sunbelt and into the Big East... then from the Big East to the ACC.

Spanish Sooner
3/20/2007, 11:46 AM
recently I always start with a cupcake (UL Lafayette, north texas, buffalo, etc) and then will go to OU after I win a national championship or build up the program and a few others....but lately I find myself jumping the gun for OU early. For some reason my game tends to make LoSuR a national power, and I just cant have that...so if I ever see them win the Big 12 championship I jump to OU. Last time I think I won 7 championships in 9 years, had close too a 100 game win streak, undefeated against Texas, and was undefeated All time against LoSuR (I beat them a few times with UL Lafayette cause I was bored)

ADs_Agent
3/20/2007, 11:54 AM
recently I always start with a cupcake (UL Lafayette, north texas, buffalo, etc) and then will go to OU after I win a national championship or build up the program and a few others....but lately I find myself jumping the gun for OU early. For some reason my game tends to make LoSuR a national power, and I just cant have that...so if I ever see them win the Big 12 championship I jump to OU. Last time I think I won 7 championships in 9 years, had close too a 100 game win streak, undefeated against Texas, and was undefeated All time against LoSuR (I beat them a few times with UL Lafayette cause I was bored)

nice! :stunned:

Seamus
3/20/2007, 12:50 PM

Pwn3d-Counterpwn3d!

LMAO :D

Seamus
3/20/2007, 12:57 PM
Man, my wife's gonna be ticked off at me.

You might give some thought to getting EA's Wife 2008. The AI is much improved, and the No-Bitching mode is fantastic.

INGRAM1
3/20/2007, 02:27 PM
[QUOTE=Seamus]You might give some thought to getting EA's Wife 2008. The AI is much improved, and the No-Bitching mode is fantastic.[/QUOT

I love it, I had my wife read and she said that I was a jerk for laughing really hard at it.

Pricetag
3/20/2007, 02:48 PM
I didnt bitch at all about not getting cred. It did suck that I did not get the stats but I thought they should know that there was a glitch in the game!
I wouldn't call that a glitch. Sounds like they limit the gains for a single game to three decimal digits. You're lucky that it didn't flip after you hit 999, leaving you with only the extra 200 yards showing.

OU-HSV
3/20/2007, 03:14 PM
I guess I never play that long in one dynasty to have that happen. Now I'm going to have to try it. Man, my wife's gonna be ticked off at me.
:D Just tell her she'll simply have to deal with it, you're on a mission! haha, i'm sure that will go over well.

OU-HSV
3/20/2007, 03:15 PM
My roommate played as FSU and got out of the Sunbelt and into the Big East... then from the Big East to the ACC.
damn thats a lot of bouncing around