PDA

View Full Version : Boy I bet the NCAA wishes...............

Sooner24
3/19/2007, 10:07 PM
they had put the OU women in the Dallas region. With A&M biting the dust tonight Reunion Arena is going to be pretty empty next week.

Soonerus
3/19/2007, 10:09 PM
Where does OU go next ???

Sooner24
3/19/2007, 10:23 PM
Dayton

NormanPride
3/20/2007, 09:59 AM
A-frickin'-men. We got the shaft in our seeding, and have the toughest road of any top 4 seed.

IronHorseSooner
3/20/2007, 10:10 AM
Remember something, we are underfeated since Plumley has been the PG. She can shoot, play defense, and pass like nobody's business. With CP3 inside and Rush's steady play, they will be a tough out. They will still have to go through the defending champs and "old evil eyes" to get to the Final 4. They have all of the ingredients to do it. I hope that they do it, not just because I am a Sooners fan, but also because I am tired of hearing about the ACC and other traditional powers who rarely leave home to play anybody (TENN, UCONN).

Paperclip
3/20/2007, 11:08 AM
they had put the OU women in the Dallas region. With A&M biting the dust tonight Reunion Arena is going to be pretty empty next week.

I concur. And a big thank you to the city of Austin for the great crowds at the drum. :rolleyes:

jk the sooner fan
3/20/2007, 11:19 AM
according to another poster, cities are selected based not on what the local populace can do to fill seats, but the responsibility to fill seats lays totally at the hands of the teams and their fans that are participating in the event

Soonerfan88
3/20/2007, 07:28 PM
the responsibility to fill seats lays totally at the hands of the teams and their fans that are participating in the event

And if the NCAA had put OU in the Dallas bracket instead of Dayton, they could have had great attendance at both regionals. Tennessee is close enough to pack Dayton and Sooner fans are very comfortable with Dallas. Instead, OU fans have to either drive 860 miles or pay $400(if you bought when brackets announced) to $900 (buying today) per person on airfare.

OU should have been the #2 in Dallas and Purdue should be the #3 in Dayton. Until WBB can build the fan base of MBB, they should utilize the strengths they have and get people in the seats.

hembro4OU
3/20/2007, 10:05 PM
road getting easier with terps losing

Ash
3/20/2007, 11:02 PM
The seeding and placements for the wimmen's tourney are an enigma wrapped in a riddle :texan: to me. Well, other than North Carolina and other ACC teams getting to play at home.:rolleyes:

TopDawg
3/20/2007, 11:06 PM
according to another poster, cities are selected based not on what the local populace can do to fill seats, but the responsibility to fill seats lays totally at the hands of the teams and their fans that are participating in the event

"Totally" is a little misleading since he said:

Cities host because they can offer adequate facilities, hotels, and dining and sightseeing opportunities to visiting fans in order to help coax them to follow their teams. They host because they are geographically convienent, allowing fans of participating teams to attend and cheer their favorite team on in person. Yes, there is some onus on the host city to sell tickets to interested locals, but the bulk of attendance should always be fans of the competing instutitions.

(Emphasis added)

proudsoonergal
3/20/2007, 11:20 PM
I concur. And a big thank you to the city of Austin for the great crowds at the drum. :rolleyes:

I was there! :)

Seriously, at the 1st round game, there were 3,900 announced in attendance, and probably 2500 were OU fans. I haven't seen the attendance number for last night, but I'd estimate there were probably about 50 total Marquette fans, including their band. The Drum wasn't full, but the crowd was definitely pro-OU.

I wish OU had games here every week. Yes, I will probably be attending the softball games this weekend. :)

SteelClip49
3/21/2007, 12:50 AM
Courtney Paris v. Candace Parker

Now that would be classic and OU has more than just Courtney to do some work down low. Another Paris and some girl named Olajuwon.

As I type this, Stacey Dales is talkin and damn she looks HOTTTTT.

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2007, 06:03 AM
"Totally" is a little misleading since he said:

(Emphasis added)

well, i think there's much more of an onus on the local city than "some".......

OU4LIFE
3/21/2007, 07:52 AM
I'll say it again, we got dicked in the seeding, but whomever makes it out of the Dayton region HAS to be the odds on favorite to win it all.

Monster Zero
3/21/2007, 08:39 AM
Courtney Paris v. Candace Parker

Now that would be classic and OU has more than just Courtney to do some work down low. Another Paris and some girl named Olajuwon.

As I type this, Stacey Dales is talkin and damn she looks HOTTTTT.
Don't tell her... She already knows it.

rebmus
3/21/2007, 06:34 PM
whomever makes it out of the Dayton region HAS to be the odds on favorite to win it all.
no doubt. the dayton regional is STACKED.
UT-nuff said
maryland- defending national champs
OU-heckuva team that should have been a 2 seed imo

although it sounds "homeristic", ole miss was better than a 7 seed (as they proved against maryland). look out for price, she's one heckuva women's hoop player.

"There are only 5 players in the history of women's college basketball that belong to the 2000 point, 1000 rebound, 300 steals, and 300 assist club. And they are Cheryl Miller of USC, Chamique Holdsclaw of Tennessee, Tamika Catchings of Tennessee, Sophia Young of Baylor, and Armintie Price of Ole Miss."

http://www.olemisssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12866&SPID=740&DB_OEM_ID=2600&ATCLID=542753&Q_SEASON=2006&KEY=&DB_OEM

also, if she gets 4 steals vs OU, that would make her just the second player in women's NCAA history with 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds, 400 assists and 400 steals. the other is former USC star Cheryl Miller.

all in all, i think OU will win vs ole miss. i only wanted to give a heads up to any of you that watch the sport. price is one to watch.

bri
3/21/2007, 08:41 PM
"Totally" is a little misleading...

Don't give him ammo to do what he does best. :D

jk the sooner fan
3/21/2007, 08:42 PM
well i guess i'm not in the half on ignore

bri
3/21/2007, 11:42 PM
Oh, you are...but when you're piping up in threads that I'm posting in, I sneak a peek at what you have to offer. It makes up for not being able to read your spek anymore.

jk the sooner fan
3/22/2007, 05:56 AM
well that makes all kinds of sense......put me on ignore but take me off when i post in your threads

brilliant!

bri
3/22/2007, 06:52 AM
I know, I know.

It'd be so much easier for you to, well, be you if I didn't know what you were saying to me, wouldn't it?

OU4LIFE
3/22/2007, 07:17 AM
ooooh look everyone, children. :rolleyes:

bri
3/22/2007, 07:32 AM
Hey, at least I didn't start this one. :D