PDA

View Full Version : That's one way to get bumped to first class

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2007, 11:36 AM
link (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17683917/)

Man flies first class seated near corpse
Woman upgraded after dying in economy during flight from Delhi to London

LONDON - A passenger in first class woke up to a shock when he found himself sitting near a corpse on a British Airways flight, British newspapers reported on Monday.

Paul Trinder, 54, said cabin crew moved the body of the elderly woman from the economy section where she had died after take-off, the Mirror and Sun tabloids said.

"The corpse was strapped into the seat but because of turbulence it kept slipping down on to the floor," Trinder, a businessman, was quoted as saying. "It was horrific. The body had to be wedged in place with lots of pillows."

The woman's daughter was also upgraded and spent the rest of the nine-hour flight from Delhi to London grieving next to her dead mother, the Sun reported.

The Guardian newspaper said the incident happened last week.

British Airways has apologized for any distress suffered, according to the reports. The Mirror quoted BA as saying: "We apologize, but our crew were working in difficult circumstances and chose the option they thought would cause least disruption."

Nichols Gaillardia
3/19/2007, 11:42 AM
Inexcusable that he should be put through such an experience. That just shows you, when you fly commercial, first class really isn't first class.

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2007, 11:43 AM
I hope he at least got an extra vomit bag.

Nichols Gaillardia
3/19/2007, 11:45 AM
I just hope he came to his senses and purchased a Gulfstream.

Nichols Gaillardia
3/19/2007, 11:46 AM
Or, at the very least, worked out a timeshare or a lease on one. I know several less fortunate people who use those options.

BigRedJed
3/19/2007, 11:54 AM
Ridiculous.

frankensooner
3/19/2007, 02:17 PM
Isn't there some way to lower the corpses into the baggage area? They should really look into that.

StoopTroup
3/19/2007, 03:32 PM
Isn't there some way to lower the corpses into the baggage area? They should really look into that.
No.

I'm pretty sure the FAA will never allow you to be able to get access to the cargo holds....ever.

I've always enjoyed movies that have the planes with elevators that go into the cargo hold.

Brilliant!

They could have put her in one of the toilets I guess. :rolleyes: :eek:

:pop:

rufnek05
3/19/2007, 03:34 PM
i hope she didn't sh!t herself. according to South Park. you crap yourself right after you die.

Frozen Sooner
3/19/2007, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure what people expect the crew to do in that situation. I guess the locking her in the bathroom option works.

Is there a sign on the plane that says "Dead old lady storage?"

soonerboomer93
3/19/2007, 07:23 PM
they should have put her in an overhead bin -- in the back row of coach

proud gonzo
3/19/2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I'm not really sure what people expect the crew to do in that situation. I guess the locking her in the bathroom option works.

Is there a sign on the plane that says "Dead old lady storage?"...i think maybe her daughter would have objected to that. :eek:

JohnnyMack
3/19/2007, 09:47 PM

Is there a sign on the plane that says "Dead old lady storage?"

You know why you didn't see it?

I got nuthin'.

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 10:32 PM
"Statistically, you're more likely to die in an automobile crash on the way to the airport."

pffft... STATISTICS MY ***!