PDA

View Full Version : MOVING SUCKS

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2007, 08:45 AM
Especially when you have a saltwater tank. You find out who your REAL friends are!!!!
It's supposed to rain ALLLL this week, so we hustled around and got nearly everything moved over the weekend. I still have to move a few fragile dust collectors, but all of my funiture and such is moved. Stayed at the new place for the first time last night, kept waking up wondering where in the heck I was. I've ordered white wood blinds for all of the windows, they should be here this week. Until then, it's sheets and blankets over the windows. You can take the girl out of LeFlore county.....:texan:

frankensooner
3/19/2007, 09:22 AM
Did you by chance order your blinds from nobrainer.com? nobrainer has a sister site called blinds.com. No brainer is a couple of bucks cheaper per blind, but it is the same dealio, good prices and quality.

Nevermind, I am sure you got the hook up since you are in the biz.

TopDaugIn2000
3/19/2007, 10:05 AM
Did you by chance order your blinds from nobrainer.com? nobrainer has a sister site called blinds.com. No brainer is a couple of bucks cheaper per blind, but it is the same dealio, good prices and quality.

Nevermind, I am sure you got the hook up since you are in the biz.

yes, I have a "blind guy" in Ft. Smith that gave me an excellent price since I measured and will install myself. thanks anyway though!

SoonerStormchaser
3/19/2007, 01:49 PM
Just be glad you're not military...

Oldnslo
3/19/2007, 02:05 PM
Your Real Friends don't call you to move them.

YWIA

JohnnyMack
3/19/2007, 02:08 PM
Yes.

SleestakSooner
3/20/2007, 05:39 PM
Especially when you have a saltwater tank. You find out who your REAL friends are!!!!
It's supposed to rain ALLLL this week, so we hustled around and got nearly everything moved over the weekend. I still have to move a few fragile dust collectors, but all of my funiture and such is moved. Stayed at the new place for the first time last night, kept waking up wondering where in the heck I was. I've ordered white wood blinds for all of the windows, they should be here this week. Until then, it's sheets and blankets over the windows. You can take the girl out of LeFlore county.....:texan:

Well I did offer to help... that's gotta count for something right? ;)

soonerboomer93
3/20/2007, 06:07 PM
Your Real Friends don't call you to move them.

YWIA

exactly

I don't even like to move myself, why I gotta ask a friend to put up with that **** too?

King Crimson
3/20/2007, 06:15 PM
moving DOES suck. my last two have been criminally easy moves and both times it was twice as bad as I thought it would be. and i don't have much stuff at all.

i will say that i helped a buddy move a ton of his mom's antique furniture and take out all her old appliances.....so, i had no problem cashing in on that favor. plus he has a van.

i picked up the beer and nachos tab a couple-three times in a row thereafter.

thing is: if you call a buddy to help: you have all the stuff boxed and ready *to go*--and that's it. no mess. everything ready to go.

dolemitesooner
3/20/2007, 07:41 PM
I would have helped but I charge...and I dont charge cash

olevetonahill
3/20/2007, 07:45 PM
I volunteered , But did you call Me ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TopDaugIn2000
3/21/2007, 07:54 AM
I volunteered , But did you call Me ? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

guess you could've hitched a ride with my folks. heh