PDA

View Full Version : Al Gore To Face House and Senate Questioning

VeeJay
3/18/2007, 10:32 PM
...on Wednesday this week on global warming. Excuse me...that's Global Warming. The cottage industry needs respect, and I apologize for my slight.

One does not need to look far on the interwebbs for news of this sure-to-be-paparazzi-filled event. My impression, though, is if we do not immediately park our cars and dismantle our AC units, we're headed for calamity.

Oh, the richness I've seen in some of the articles. Hillary is watching to see if Al loses pounds. For, that will certainly signal that Al is gearing up for an '08 presidential run (who wants a Fat President?). And, Al and Bill were never really that close, anyway. Gore is reportedly a voracious eater, and dropping 30 pounds at his age (58), on the speaking circuit, can't be easy.

A likely line of questioning could center around evidence pointing to the fact that our nearby planets Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars are also experiencing warming, and to our knowledge, there's no life there, especially life forms that drive Suburbans and spray aerosol cans. So, Al, wouldn't it make more sense that Sun is responsible for Solar System warming, and not Junior out in the woods of Alabama, cutting off a few branches for a deer stand?

OUinFLA
3/18/2007, 11:07 PM
life forms that drive Suburbans and spray aerosol cans.[/b] So, Al, wouldn't it make more sense that Sun is responsible for Solar System warming, and not Junior out in the woods of Alabama, cutting off a few branches for a deer stand?

Ok, Im going to do my part. Im giving up aerosol cans.
Im keeping the suburban.

VeeJay
3/18/2007, 11:18 PM
Damn! And all this time I thought you drove an Excursion!!

Fraggle145
3/19/2007, 01:32 AM
..who wants a Fat President?..

Taft couldnt fit into a normal bathtub and had one specially made...;)

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor2/taft-tub.jpg

:twinkies: :meat: :oink: :eek:

olevetonahill
3/19/2007, 01:50 AM
Taft couldnt fit into a normal bathtub and had one specially made...;)

http://www.whitehousemuseum.org/floor2/taft-tub.jpg

:twinkies: :meat: :oink: :eek:
So your saying
a rub a dub dub 4 fat men in a tub ?
Im like Bill, Im gonna use roll on and keep the rest of the stuff . :P

AlbqSooner
3/19/2007, 06:46 AM
My impression, though, is if we do not immediately park our cars and dismantle our AC units, we're headed for calamity.
Here in New Mexico we mostly use swamp coolers. Just doing our part.;)

OklahomaTuba
3/19/2007, 08:19 AM
Maybe when Albert flies into town, he can also talk about the mine he owns.

mdklatt
3/19/2007, 10:12 AM
A likely line of questioning could center around evidence pointing to the fact that our nearby planets Jupiter, Saturn, and Mars are also experiencing warming, and to our knowledge, there's no life there, especially life forms that drive Suburbans and spray aerosol cans.

Uh oh, the global warming deniers are going have to change their story again.

Old: We can't know if the earth is getting warmer or not because we only have at most hundreds of years reliable theromometer data, and you can't rely on anything else.

New: Since we know global warming is happening on other planets based on tens of years of data, most of it from satellites, we know that any global warming on this planet--not that we're saying there is or anything--has to be completely natural. Never mind that there's no reason to think the natural climate cycles of other planets are in sync with ours, since they all have different orbital eccentricities.

P.S. Aerosols do not contribute to the greenhouse effect.

OklahomaTuba
3/19/2007, 01:04 PM
Interesting, wasn't it the Global Warming nutzos warning us about Global Cooling just a few years ago??????

Talk about changing their story!

mdklatt
3/19/2007, 01:23 PM
Interesting, wasn't it the Global Warming nutzos warning us about Global Cooling just a few years ago??????

Talk about changing their story!

Wrong again!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_cooling

OklahomaTuba
3/19/2007, 01:48 PM
Not long after the idea of global cooling reached the public press in the mid-1970s, the temperature trend stopped going down.

Now THAT is science at its finest right there.

mdklatt
3/19/2007, 02:09 PM
From a 1972 NAS report:

Judging from the record of the past interglacial ages, the present time of high temperatures should be drawing to an end ... leading into the next glacial age. However, it is possible, or even likely, than human interference has already altered the environment so much that the climatic pattern of the near future will follow a different path.

Well I'll be damned.

Harry Beanbag
3/19/2007, 04:48 PM
I like this quote:

In 1972 Emiliani warned "Man's activity may either precipitate this new ice age or lead to substantial or even total melting of the ice caps".

Way to go out on the limb there dude.

Harry Beanbag
3/19/2007, 04:49 PM
P.S. Aerosols do not contribute to the greenhouse effect.

Like I said in another thread, bring back aerosols. They'll counteract the CO2 and we'll all live happily everafter. :)

mdklatt
3/19/2007, 04:51 PM
Like I said in another thread, bring back aerosols. They'll counteract the CO2 and we'll all live happily everafter. :)

Cloud seeding might be an option.

Dio
3/19/2007, 05:12 PM
Where's Dee Snider when you need him?