PDA

View Full Version : NOLA has dismal attendance at...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 09:20 PM
...the NCAA sub-regional played there on Friday and today...pretty pathetic...

Mixer!
3/18/2007, 09:31 PM
Have you any attendance figures you can share?

Thread will get jacked into Hornets talk by post #10. :pop:

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 09:41 PM
Actual attendance was less than 10k...reported attendance a whopping 13K....pathetic...

bri
3/18/2007, 10:02 PM
So? What are the attendance figures for all the other sub-regionals?

It's not the job of the local populace to attend the tourney games; it's the job of the participating schools to bring fans with them.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:06 PM
So? What are the attendance figures for all the other sub-regionals?

It's not the job of the local populace to attend the tourney games; it's the job of the participating schools to bring fans with them.

totally disagree, that's why cities host...

yermom
3/18/2007, 10:10 PM
they probably just thought the Hornets were playing ;)

bri
3/18/2007, 10:16 PM
totally disagree, that's why cities host...

Cities host because they can offer adequate facilities, hotels, and dining and sightseeing opportunities to visiting fans in order to help coax them to follow their teams. They host because they are geographically convienent, allowing fans of participating teams to attend and cheer their favorite team on in person. Yes, there is some onus on the host city to sell tickets to interested locals, but the bulk of attendance should always be fans of the competing instutitions.

Why do you think OKC (and Tulsa) wants so badly to host NCAA regionals, Big 12 tourneys, and the like? It's not so the local fans can have a chance to watch in person, it's to drive up tourism revenue from fans of the competing schools visiting the host city.

Why do bowl games always choose teams based on "how well they travel"? Because most of the tickets are meant to be bought by fans of the competing schools.

I know we have beef with NOLA these days, but this is just a pointless, petty attack.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:17 PM
Hornets probably only draw about 6k...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:19 PM
Cities host because they can offer adequate facilities, hotels, and dining and sightseeing opportunities to visiting fans in order to help coax them to follow their teams. They host because they are geographically convienent, allowing fans of participating teams to attend and cheer their favorite team on in person. Yes, there is some onus on the host city to sell tickets to interested locals, but the bulk of attendance should always be fans of the competing instutitions.

Why do you think OKC (and Tulsa) wants so badly to host NCAA regionals, Big 12 tourneys, and the like? It's not so the local fans can have a chance to watch in person, it's to drive up tourism revenue from fans of the competing schools visiting the host city.

Why do bowl games always choose teams based on "how well they travel"? Because most of the tickets are meant to be bought by fans of the competing schools.

I know we have beef with NOLA these days, but this is just a pointless, petty attack.

You are just wrong part of the exercise is filling the seats and that is necessarily by local fans, if you have them...some cities just do not have them...

hurricane'bone
3/18/2007, 10:20 PM
2nd Round:

Buffalo - 18,801
Spokane - 11,551
Winston-Salem - 14,148
Chicago - 20,916
Sacremento - 16,407
Lexington - 20,882
Columbus - N/A

bri
3/18/2007, 10:24 PM
You are just wrong part of the exercise is filling the seats and that is necessarily by local fans, if you have them...some cities just do not have them...

Yes, I can see where pointing out facts would make me "wrong".

I've so missed the mind-numbing pointlessness of "debating" with you.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:25 PM
I think you just realize it is hard to defend the undefendable...

bri
3/18/2007, 10:31 PM
I'm not defending anything. I'm pwning you with, you know, facts and reality...and you're being you.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:40 PM
You are out in left field and too stubborn to admit it...sports in NOLA suck right now with the possible exception of the "aints"...and they may or may not make it...

bri
3/18/2007, 10:42 PM
Holy sh*t, you're even denser than I remember. "out in left field"...hah.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 10:43 PM
Holy sh*t, you are even denser than I remember you as a mod...