PDA

View Full Version : I guess I am not much of a basketball purist...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 08:25 PM
...because with all local schools out/not participating my interest in the tourney is only a passing interest...

Newbomb Turk
3/18/2007, 08:36 PM
I'd much rather OU be in the tourney, but this is still one of my favorite sporting events. I'll watch as much of it as I can.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 09:18 PM
My only interest at this point is my brackets....

badger
3/19/2007, 10:42 AM
what about the ou women's team? they have the toughest competition in the field earlier than most teams and they play tonight!

SoonerStormchaser
3/19/2007, 11:30 AM
That too.

yermom
3/19/2007, 12:06 PM
i might watch the women's game tonight

i'm not exactly thrilled to watch the men's games either, i probably will watch some but with no OU to watch, it sucks

especially with teams like 'nova and Indiana playing, it's just kinda ****ed me off

nothin' on Xavier and Lavender though, they should have won that game

soonersweetie
3/19/2007, 02:20 PM
I truly think I'm just a sports junkie.

I watched both men's and women's tournaments all weekend long as well as Nascar and the NHL.

My girlfriends think I'm brainwashed and my hubby loves me :D

LittleWingSooner
3/20/2007, 10:39 AM
I don't really care if any local teams are in it. Last year OU lost in the first round, but that was still one of the greatest tournaments to watch up till the Final Four when it was all Florida.

MichiganSooner
3/20/2007, 01:40 PM
I absolutely love the NCAA tournament. I fill out brackets for the contests but find myself not even caring who wins, unless OU is involved, I just hope for comebacks, 3's, steals, dunks, it doesn't matter. From start to finish there is nothing like it in sport. Super Bowl, World Series, Stanley Cup, nothing compares. It is the reason I want the same playoff format for Div 1 football.

stoopified
3/20/2007, 03:00 PM
I tune it to watch on Occasion but admit my intrest is much keener when OU or Tulsa or ORU are still in it.Can't root for the Neon Orange Horde, no way- no how.

Soonerfan88
3/20/2007, 07:15 PM
Oklahoma City Univ is playing for the NAIA championship tonight in KC. I think it is on CSTV, 8 CDT. May not be D1, but they are local and it should be a pretty good game.