PDA

View Full Version : Bold and totally objective prediction...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 07:32 PM
...Sooners win the MNC next year...

Newbomb Turk
3/18/2007, 07:37 PM
I detect a bit of un-objectiveness. ;)

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 07:38 PM
I detect a bit of un-objectiveness. ;)

No trust me, totally objective, guaranteed...

Newbomb Turk
3/18/2007, 07:41 PM
I like the way you think. I hope we have the triggerman to pull if off.

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 07:42 PM
We have a battle-tested secondary, and OUr special teams are right up there with the best in the nation... but aside from that, I'm taking it one practice, one game at a time.

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 07:43 PM
I like the way you think. I hope we have the triggerman to pull if off.

Gotta have faith man...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 07:44 PM
We have a battle-tested secondary, and OUr special teams are right up there with the best in the nation... but aside from that, I'm taking it one practice, one game at a time.

You are too damn conservative...

All_Day_28
3/18/2007, 08:04 PM
mnc?

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 08:06 PM
mnc?

noob question...

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 08:11 PM
Sorry " MNC = Men's National Championship"

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 08:44 PM
You are too damn conservative...

:les: HAIL MARY ON FIRST DOWN!!! :)

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 08:47 PM

How about a statue of liberty...never fricken mind....

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 09:48 PM
How about a statue of liberty...never fricken mind....

:mack: HOOK-N-LATERAL!!!

We need a little Stoops smiley for the...

:stoops: I'LL BE DAMNED... :(

All_Day_28
3/18/2007, 09:49 PM
so I heard this guy Demarco Murry is going to put Reggie Bush's college career to shame.. it it true?

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 09:51 PM
... it'd be nice. :)

Soonerus
3/18/2007, 09:53 PM
He went 65 yards for a TD in the first scrimmage...that's something...

OU_Sooners75
3/18/2007, 11:00 PM

The only way this is going to happen is to have superb play out of our DEs and QB.

those are the two biggest question marks going into next season.

OU_Sooners75
3/18/2007, 11:02 PM
so I heard this guy Demarco Murry is going to put Reggie Bush's college career to shame.. it it true?

You mean the latest professional SuC player to have a decent rookie season in the NFL?

Yeah, Murray should put his college career to shame, since Bush is on the verge of losing his records and Heisman.

okienole3
3/18/2007, 11:31 PM

And all this time I thought it stood for Mayonnaise National Championship. heh

opksooner
3/18/2007, 11:36 PM
In which game this year would a loss not be considered an upset?

Ash
3/18/2007, 11:48 PM

No way, Kansas is clearly the favorite to win that one.:twinkies:

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 11:58 PM
In which game this year would a loss not be considered an upset?

I'll bet Tejas is favored over us.

And mark my words... if we struggle against North Tejas at all like we did against UAB, there will be talk of Miami being favored over us. Maybe not necessarily actually happening, but remember everyone, the great Jim Traber :rolleyes: included saying we'd lose to Mizzou, aTm, Okie Light last year??? I know, it's a home game... I know, they went 6-6 last year. I know most everything about their "situation," but this team tends to get an a$$-kissing from the media everytime they so much as get a 1st and 10.

But yeah, I'd say Tejas will be the only team favored over us (at least by the media) this fall. Unless like, Cornbraska gets some pre-BIG 12 hype, or we're playing USuC in the post-season. And really the only reason I see us being underdogs at all in 2007 is because of hype surrounding OUr opponents, and hate on us.

All_Day_28
3/18/2007, 11:58 PM
Demarco Murry's Dad's baby batter>>>>>>>>>____________

snp
3/19/2007, 01:08 AM
[QUOTE=goingoneight]We have a battle-tested secondary, and OUr special teams are right up there with the best in the nation... but aside from that, I'm taking it one practice, one game at a time.

Everything besides punt returns. Reggie was a huge liability towards the end of the year. Someone else needs to take over.

but remember everyone, the great Jim Traber :rolleyes: included saying we'd lose to Mizzou, aTm, Okie Light last year???

So? It was his prediction and it was pretty close to being accurate.

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 01:23 AM
The question was asked how many losses would be considered upsets in 2007? Just sayin, man... people jump on the oppurtunity to pick OUr opponents. Therefore, that would be considered an "upset."

I'm not trying to insult anyone's intelligence here. Simply pointing out that this board will be in a frenzy, as it always is, when someone like Texas Tech ends up favored against us, either because we slipped or were not doing so hot.

I'm not so sold on Reggie, either... but he's been at it for two years, now... so, I guess he's the investment... and returning punts is a helluva lot more difficult that returning kicks, so I give him that break there. Dude's a star DB, but he doesn't hang onto the ball well. I guess that's why we stress at Oklahoma that "There's only ONE..." when we refer to guys like Antonio Perkins. :)

TheUnnamedSooner
3/19/2007, 07:14 AM

We tried that once. unfortunately, our receiver wasn't fast enough to get to the ball.

swardboy
3/19/2007, 07:27 AM
Ease up gents....one game at a time....I'm hoping we win the Red/White game first.

CincySooner
3/19/2007, 07:27 AM

heh... all this time I thought it stood for "mythical national championship" :P

sanantoniosooner
3/19/2007, 07:42 AM
We have a battle-tested secondary,
This is cracking me up.

If they can only learn to cope with elementary school plays, were are set.

Desert Sapper
3/19/2007, 09:57 AM

Ditto. Since there isn't a WNC in football. There's only a NC. And it's still Mythical, regardless of what the "Bull Crap Series" committee says it is. I sorta like our mythos, though, given that the National Communists Against Athletes say we have 16 "MNCs" in football (http://www.ncaa.org/champadmin/ia_football_past_champs.html).

sooner518
3/19/2007, 09:59 AM
mayonnaise?! no way. wrong condiment
http://files.myopera.com/eldrine/albums/32535/thumbs/french-mustard.png_thumb.jpg

SoonerJLB
3/19/2007, 12:07 PM

Link please.:)

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 07:58 PM
This is cracking me up.

If they can only learn to cope with elementary school plays, were are set.

How many teams will A) have the balls to run those plays against OU ever again; and B) run them successfully? That's like asking how many times did USC fall for the quarterback draw in 2006 after VY's final score in the MNC game? You can count it on one hand. Stoops said it and I believe it, some things just aren't meant to be.

sanantoniosooner
3/19/2007, 09:18 PM
Thank God Stoops said we'll never fall for a trick play again.

I feel much better now.

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 09:40 PM
How many teams will A) have the balls to run those plays against OU ever again; and B) run them successfully? That's like asking how many times did USC fall for the quarterback draw in 2006 after VY's final score in the MNC game? You can count it on one hand. Stoops said it and I believe it, some things just aren't meant to be.

How many years did Stoops go before someone burned him on a Mike Leach style play like that?

Soonerus
3/19/2007, 10:04 PM
Link please.:)

http://www4.oakland.edu/view_news.aspx?sid=11&id=3694

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 10:11 PM
http://www4.oakland.edu/view_news.aspx?sid=11&id=3694

That's the Mustard CUP, not the Mustard National Champeenship. :D

Soonerus
3/19/2007, 10:22 PM
220-221.....

snp
3/19/2007, 10:34 PM
How many years did Stoops go before someone burned him on a Mike Leach style play like that?

How many years has it been since Mike Leach ran a trick play.

Seamus
3/19/2007, 10:46 PM
220-221.....

Whatever it takes ...

Soonerus
3/19/2007, 10:49 PM
Oink, Oink...

goingoneight
3/19/2007, 10:52 PM
How many years has it been since Mike Leach ran a trick play.

Mike Leach's entire gameplan is trickery, just not necessarily THAT old school. Anyways, I see what you're saying, you have a major beef with defenses busting on big plays. Who doesn't though? The only thing you can do is try to overcome it, unfortunately, the Statue of Liberty iced any oppurtunity to seal the deal.

Whatever it takes ...

Damn, beat me to it... :D

snp
3/20/2007, 04:32 AM
Mike Leach's entire gameplan is trickery, just not necessarily THAT old school.

Not really. It's tricky in the sense that he'll be passing 75% of the time, but he's not relying on gimmicks. I don't ever recall seeing a trick play from Tech against us, or anyone else really.

Leach's offense runs so well because there is 4 or 5 receivers that are running precise routes and the QB gets the ball to the recievers quickly and enables them to run after the catch. He doesn't fake punt, flea flicker, or anything else cooky. It's actually pretty straight forward.

That's why Stoops and staff have Leach figured out so well. He runs the same sets he always has. But he did add the I-formation this year, so that's definitely coming outta left field for Leach ;)

sanantoniosooner
3/20/2007, 08:01 AM
Mike Leach's entire gameplan is trickery
:rolleyes:

Soonerus
3/21/2007, 09:56 PM
Leach has elevated intricate trickery into a viable game plan...he's good...

meoveryouxinfinity
3/22/2007, 11:34 AM
For USC it does!

sanantoniosooner
3/22/2007, 12:10 PM
I don't care what style of play you have, it's not trickery if you consistently do the same thing over and over. Misdirection might be part of the gameplan, but that is the most basic form and exists in every gameplan.

If you want to be a simpleton, you can consider the counter a trick play, and any snap count other than "HUT".

OSUAggie
3/22/2007, 01:30 PM
The closest thing to "trickery" Leach runs is a motion-WR handoff. That's just a sweep in Lubbock.

Eielson
3/22/2007, 01:44 PM

We have about 5 runningbacks too along with WRs and a TE that could make any QB look good.:)

soonerboy_odanorth
3/22/2007, 05:27 PM
If our defense, which as noted gave up a 65 yard Murray TD in the first scrimmage, takes 5 or 6 games to get it figured out like they did last year....

Well, you can probably expect about the same kind of record we had after 6 games last year.

And before you chime in that "now they're experienced", I'll remind you that they were supposed to have been last year as well.

snp
3/22/2007, 08:55 PM
Defenses can't blitz and aren't going to be hitting very hard. Spring Practice is not a good indicator of defensive prowess.

LittleWingSooner
3/22/2007, 10:49 PM
If we had a QB with experience I think we would win it this year. I think we'll be hard to beat in 08 and 09.