PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Jenna Plumley..

SoonerSid
3/18/2007, 02:28 PM
Jenna's Aunt passed last night. Her Moms sister. Thanks for your kindness. I know you will respond for her. Jenna has to be torn today..

stoopified
3/18/2007, 02:37 PM
pRAYERS GO OUT FROM THE MOSES FAMILY TO jENNA AND HER FAMILY.

SleestakSooner
3/18/2007, 02:54 PM
:( Hang in there Jenna, sorry for your loss

Newbomb Turk
3/18/2007, 03:10 PM
will do - sorry to hear that.

Mixer!
3/18/2007, 07:01 PM
Prayers here as well.

Sportfanatic2007
3/18/2007, 07:40 PM
So sorry for your loss, Jenna. I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 10:13 PM
My grandpa was watchign the BIG 12 Champeenship against Iowa State with us, and he was very excited about Jenna. Now, people, keep an open mind, he's 87. He called her "waterbug" because of the way she kept moving right around danger in that game. He said she was "quick and elusive, like those little waterbugs."

He obviously found a favorite lady Sooner, one which I, personally won't call "waterbug..." but nevertheless have mucho respecto for.

Hang in there, Jenna... sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers are with you. :(

okienole3
3/18/2007, 11:28 PM
My grandpa was watchign the BIG 12 Champeenship against Iowa State with us, and he was very excited about Jenna. Now, people, keep an open mind, he's 87. He called her "waterbug" because of the way she kept moving right around danger in that game. He said she was "quick and elusive, like those little waterbugs."

He obviously found a favorite lady Sooner, one which I, personally won't call "waterbug..." but nevertheless have mucho respecto for.

Hang in there, Jenna... sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers are with you. :(

Is Brent Musburger your grandpa?

(this is a reference to Mussy saying of Q "waterbuglike is the adjective you hear used most often.") Actually Brent, I had never heard that.

Ash
3/19/2007, 12:09 AM
thoughts and prayers for Jenna and her family

okienole3
3/19/2007, 12:12 AM
I forgot in my earlier post. Prayers their way.

olevetonahill
3/19/2007, 01:21 AM
In and done

GrapevineSooner
3/19/2007, 09:18 AM
Prayers to the Plumley family.

SoonerSid
3/21/2007, 04:34 PM
The whole womens basketball team was in attendance today at Jenna's Aunts funeral. Totally impressed by Sherri Coale's presence to bring the team in support of Jenna. I shook Sherri Coale's hand, and must admit she looks better in person!

Boomer.....
3/21/2007, 04:49 PM
Done.

Saturday_Night
3/21/2007, 07:56 PM
Why hasn't this been on the news, or mentioned by broadcasters during the Marquette game? I Googled it and came up with nothing. Where is this posted?

badger
3/21/2007, 09:30 PM
its posted here. she is from oklahoma, after all :)

SleestakSooner
3/22/2007, 03:51 AM
I imagine that Jenna and Coach Coale didn't mention it to the media so that it wouldn't become a distraction.

It would help to assuage my curiousity if we knew her aunt's name and where she was from. Normally this would have been in her local paper. Was it an unexpected passing or was the cause of death something that they knew of in advance and were prepared to deal with?

Either way it is a sad occassion and it is good to hear that the team was there to support Jenna and her family.

SoonerSid
3/22/2007, 12:19 PM
I imagine that Jenna and Coach Coale didn't mention it to the media so that it wouldn't become a distraction.

It would help to assuage my curiousity if we knew her aunt's name and where she was from. Normally this would have been in her local paper. Was it an unexpected passing or was the cause of death something that they knew of in advance and were prepared to deal with?

Either way it is a sad occassion and it is good to hear that the team was there to support Jenna and her family.
Her Aunt's name was Inez Black. We were classmates at Red Rock back in the day before Red Rock and Marland merged into Frontier.

Her passing was unexpected, since a brain aneurysm hit her and was the final cause of death.

Yes it was totally awesome the way the team surrounded Jenna and her family. Showed alot of class.

Newbomb Turk
3/22/2007, 12:40 PM
Sooners console grieving teammate

By John Helsley
Staff Writer

NORMAN — Amid Oklahoma's celebration of a Sweet 16 berth, there's some sadness among the Sooners.

The Oklahoma women took Wednesday off from practice, attending the funeral for an aunt of Jenna Plumley.
Inez Howlingwolf, the sister of Plumley's mother, Carol Plumley, died Saturday.

The entire team and coaching staff traveled to Red Rock for the services.
"Jenna and her family are a part of our family at OU,” Sooners coach Sherri Coale said through the OU media relations department. "We attended the funeral as a team to support them during this difficult time.
"Jenna's family wants to thank the OU community and fans for their thoughts and prayers. They have also asked for continued privacy.”

The Sooners also learned that former OU player Lauren Shoush lost her father, John Shoush, who died Tuesday night of a heart attack.

Flagstaffsooner
3/22/2007, 01:09 PM
From the Mountain.

badger
3/22/2007, 03:26 PM
its stuff like this that reminds you what a great, quality program ou women's basketball is. it doesn't matter if we win the title or not, you'd rather have these girls representing ou than any other group.

imagine if osu's men's team recruited the same type of players. maybe then sutton wouldn't have had to bench half his starters for wanting to be on spring break.

...but that's not to say i don't want a title. I WANT A TITLE. however, i'd rather a group of "guys" (to use coale's word) like our sooners than to have to explain to opposing fans why its ok that our players are on probation or in jail.