PDA

View Full Version : Big "peace" rally in Tulsa today

Okla-homey
3/18/2007, 07:10 AM
At the "Unitarian fellowship" building. Lots of tie-dye and sandal wearers will stand around, ponder their navels and bemoan the war.

Here's my question. If, we just up and left Iraq, do these people actually believe everything would be cool in Iraq? Cool here?

I'd show up and ask the question myself, but they might turn on me and beat me up.;)

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2007, 07:27 AM
Here's my question. If, we just up and left Iraq, do these people actually believe everything would be cool in Iraq? Cool here?
http://www.magrathea.de/img/wallpaper/hippie/hippie_1024x768.jpg

Flagstaffsooner
3/18/2007, 07:28 AM
http://www.magrathea.de/img/wallpaper/hippie/hippie_1024x768.jpgYeah, like yow dude.

reevie
3/18/2007, 07:42 AM
I'd show up and ask the question myself, but they might turn on me and beat me up.;)

They're pacifist, they would never resort to violence to get their point across.

But go push their buttons. That's one of the reasons their there.

Okla-homey
3/18/2007, 07:46 AM
They're pacifist, they would never resort to violence to get their point across.

But go push their buttons. That's one of the reasons their there.

But some of these Unitarian folk are "militant lesbians" and them gals will slap you as quick as look at ya.:eek:

Widescreen
3/18/2007, 08:12 AM

See my sig.

reevie
3/18/2007, 08:18 AM
But some of these Unitarian folk are "militant lesbians" and them gals will slap you as quick as look at ya.:eek:

You know what they say.....physical contact with a woman is physical contact!

royalfan5
3/18/2007, 08:58 AM
My Agronomy Professor is a Unitarian. He was also on the research team that developed agent orange.

OklahomaTuba
3/18/2007, 12:14 PM
I went to a unitarian service once with a friend. I was amazed at how insulting and hateful the "preacher" was towards Christians that day. It seemed every other sentence was loaded with some anti-Christian or anti-Jesus hate insult. Of course the crowd was eating the stuff up. I held my tounge and sat through the hate fest.

Hopefully not all Unitarian congregations are like this.

Okla-homey
3/18/2007, 01:11 PM
Seems to me, its a place you can go for "church" without all that pesky preaching about "do this," but "don't do that." In that sense, its really the religious embodiment of secular humanist notions that there is no "right" or "wrong" and Unitarianism seems to stand for moral relativism.

While I'm generally on board with minding my own business, tolerance and all that stuff, I have not become sufficiently "enlightened" to get past the belief that some things are just plain "wrong" or destructive, and should not be accepted lest society suffer substantial harm.

Scott D
3/18/2007, 02:46 PM
I went to a unitarian service once with a friend. I was amazed at how insulting and hateful the "preacher" was towards Christians that day. It seemed every other sentence was loaded with some anti-Christian or anti-Jesus hate insult. Of course the crowd was eating the stuff up. I held my tounge and sat through the hate fest.

Hopefully not all Unitarian congregations are like this.

nah that was a special service because someone told him you'd be attending that day ;)

bri
3/18/2007, 02:56 PM
Sometimes I think the only reason I'm on the moveon.org mailing list is so I'll know which parts of town to avoid on protest days.

Oh, and also because I hate America.

mdklatt
3/18/2007, 06:34 PM

90% of the protesters are probably just there to meet easy chicks and score some chronic. :texan:

JohnnyMack
3/18/2007, 06:51 PM
I think pacifism is a noble venture.

mdklatt
3/18/2007, 06:55 PM
I think pacifism is a noble venture.

Unfortunately, it's also terribly optimistic. Pacifism only works if everybody subscribes to it.

bri
3/18/2007, 07:41 PM
You sound like an FBI mole or are you just trying to diverting suspicions with the old "internet satire" technique.

That's for me to know and the waterboarders to find out. ;)

JohnnyMack
3/18/2007, 09:06 PM
Unfortunately, it's also terribly optimistic. Pacifism only works if everybody subscribes to it.

Yup.

VeeJay
3/18/2007, 09:22 PM
Sometimes I think the only reason I'm on the moveon.org mailing list is so I'll know which parts of town to avoid on protest days.

Oh, and also because I hate America.

I'm also on the moveon.org mailing list.

I usually just delete the messages but occasionally I'll see what the b!tch-fest of the day is. Whenever they're telling everybody to write their congressman or senator, I'll write a letter opposing whatever position moveon.org has taken.

And for the record I hate America too. :rolleyes:

bri
3/18/2007, 09:55 PM
Every once in a while I'll sign a petition or whatnot, but for the most part I just take note of where traffic will be backed up and delete the email. :D

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 09:57 PM
Anyone ever seen the "Die Hippie, DIE" episode of South Park?

"It's the corporations, man." :D