PDA

View Full Version : O'Connells

apusooner
3/18/2007, 01:50 AM
anyone else enjoy the last st patty's day there? aside from the water/pee/beer running down the parking lot, i had fun. sat in with banana seat. we got cut off early though.

Octavian
3/18/2007, 02:37 AM
I saw on the news where they were selling "Last Time on Lindsey" mugs. They looked pretty cool...wish I could've been there.

It's a shame it's coming to an end....that's a staple of Oklahoma football.

Jimminy Crimson
3/18/2007, 02:53 AM
I was there. Saw a few other South Ovalers as well. ...and I did get a mug, through some hard work and charm.

soonerboomer93
3/18/2007, 05:20 AM
why's it the last time on lindsey?

are they moving?

Rogue
3/18/2007, 06:15 AM
My sister called me from there. Said they ran o/o t-shirts and mugs and she really wanted to get one for each of us.

Where will they move to once it get's paved over by OU?

PrideTrombone
3/18/2007, 08:34 AM
I've heard they'll probably move into where Al's was on Campus Corner. Might be ok if they can get Asp roped off for St. Patrick's Day. :)

OUstudent4life
3/18/2007, 12:00 PM
It was OK...but the 10 bucks to get in, just to find out they had run out of mugs and tshirts...that was kinda bad.

PrideTrombone
3/18/2007, 12:01 PM
I went, and didn't pay.. did you go later or real early? I was there from noon-2 or so.

OklahomaTuba
3/18/2007, 12:04 PM
Isn't some massive highrise building being built there soon?

OUAndy1807
3/18/2007, 01:41 PM
o'connels on St. Patricks has gotten out of hand. Like 10 years ago (my good old days) it was a bunch of college kids standing in the parking lot. The last time I went it was a bunch of meatheads from Tinker and non-school guys who were looking to fight, they were charging a cover and it was impossible to get beer.

mdklatt
3/18/2007, 06:07 PM
why's it the last time on lindsey?

are they moving?

The master plan for the university is to acquire land along the east side of Jenkins from Lindsey all the south to the NWC campus. There's talk of building a biking/walking path along there, and stuff like that. The entire shopping center where O'Connell's is will or already has been bought out. I've heard that O'Connell's will be moving to Campus Corner.

setem
3/18/2007, 07:22 PM
Isn't some massive highrise building being built there soon?

I think they are going to replace it with an Irish Pub called O'donnells.:D

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2007, 07:38 PM
I think they are going to replace it with an Irish Pub called O'donnells.:D

Sweet. You'll be able to use Sooner Cents there.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/18/2007, 09:28 PM
I think they are going to replace it with an Irish Pub called O'donnells.:DYeah it's going to be Norman's lesbian bar.

Frozen Sooner
3/18/2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah it's going to be Norman's lesbian bar.

Anyone remember when the bar around the corner from O'Connell's had a ladies night and posted a "No Lesbians" sign?

Good times, good times.

Boarder
3/18/2007, 09:41 PM
The master plan for the university is to acquire land along the east side of Jenkins from Lindsey all the south to the NWC campus. There's talk of building a biking/walking path along there, and stuff like that. The entire shopping center where O'Connell's is will or already has been bought out. I've heard that O'Connell's will be moving to Campus Corner.
Well, it's sad to see stuff go, but that would be really cool to have.

bri
3/18/2007, 10:22 PM
St. Pat's at O'Connell's has sucked out loud for a long time now. They ALWAYS run out of sh*t (t-shirts, mugs), and it's just a nightmare of plastic fencing and crappy live music. They've basically mangaged to cut the available space for standing around and drinking in half with all the fencing, the stage, the bazillion radio station vans, etc.

Boarder
3/18/2007, 10:44 PM
I forgot to say but I went by there around 5 or so going down Jenkins on the way to the Greek House. There was a line to Jenkins. I decided I was glad I wasn't in that line.

Rhino
3/19/2007, 12:48 AM
I forgot to say but I went by there around 5 or so going down Jenkins on the way to the Greek House. There was a line to Jenkins. I decided I was glad I wasn't in that line. This is why you sneak in the back like Lil and I did. Bring your old gigantor mug from 2001 so you don't have to drink $5 beer from a 16 oz. cup.

That being said, I've never really enjoyed O'Connell's St. Patty's parties.

apusooner
3/19/2007, 01:00 AM
i came in the back, thus missing the line. i had a blast until the ground got wet. being the good cali boy i've become, i had sandals on(reef flip flops with a bottle opener on the bottom). so it was gross. we also had some of our own beer. sometimes us musicians can get sneaky. i don't carry a three trumpet gig bag because i need three trumpets. i carry it because it holds a 12 pack of natty with one trumpet.
plus, it doesnt matter if you like the music banana seat plays, any time you get the chance to hear Jeff Cole play(the guitarist) it's worth it.

Fraggle145
3/19/2007, 01:10 AM
The worst thing they did was holding back the mugs at like 2pm... then they released about 60 more to be sold at 6, and then again at 7pm. This made for extra lines and craziness in the beer tent. I went early (10am), left for a break and some guiness at home and then came back and waited in the line. The goal was to make it the whole night, which I did, only then I wished that I woulda stayed and crashed by 9pm. At 5pm when we finally got back in it was $5. The pee on the ground in the sandals did suck. Overall though it was still a good time... this year there were crazy people who were waiting out front at like 4am I heard.

apusooner
3/19/2007, 01:13 AM
. The pee on the ground in the sandals did suck.
i like to tell myself it was only beer and water

Petro-Sooner
3/19/2007, 07:35 AM
What was up with them running out of mugs?? There didnt seem to be anymore people than in the past. I had no problem getting one for the past seven yrs.
Some girl offered to sell me hers.

Jimminy Crimson
3/19/2007, 01:27 PM
What was up with them running out of mugs?? There didnt seem to be anymore people than in the past. I had no problem getting one for the past seven yrs.
Some girl offered to sell me hers.

Just a moneymaking scheme. The plastic cups are much smaller than a full mug refill. Both cost $5. Idiots.

Petro-Sooner
3/19/2007, 02:00 PM
Figures. Once our group had a mug we all pitched in used the mug it as our "pitcher".