PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen Aguilera's new video?

Widescreen
3/18/2007, 12:20 AM
Me like.

A lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eEGaBVUnLY

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 12:30 AM
It's really cool with the mute button on.

Okla-homey
3/18/2007, 06:36 AM
She must be the only contemporary ex-Mousekteer who is not in rehab, crazy or addicted. Nice pipes, she's just kind of wierd looking. That voice coming out of a blonde head just doesn't add up.

jk the sooner fan
3/18/2007, 07:37 AM
remember when people thought she was skanky compared to brittney spears?

Okla-homey
3/18/2007, 07:53 AM

she's still got the skank factor, but its part of her allure...although I'd advise against touching her without a latex barrier.

BTW, this reminds me of Chris Rock's bit about Prince vs. MJ. "Remember in the 80's when we used to argue about who was better; Prince or Michael? Well, it's now twenty years later...and Prince won!"

slickdawg
3/18/2007, 08:59 AM

Lord, ain't that the truth?

Howzit
3/18/2007, 09:01 AM
She has a kind face.

Vaevictis
3/18/2007, 10:24 AM

Heh, Brittney Spears is the actual physical incarnation of the white trash stereotype (albeit, she has money so she's not poor white trash). Does that really qualify as "skank?"

I mean, it's bad. Really bad. But I somehow don't view it as quite the same thing.

Oldnslo
3/18/2007, 12:07 PM
Girl can sure sing.

tbl
3/18/2007, 12:13 PM
That Candyman song blows... If you want a treat to the eyes and ears, this is the one. I dig the song, her performance is amazing, vocals are AWESOME, and she looks good delivering it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1426964489

Hands down the best singer in the industry right now. She's also hit the breaks on the skank factor as well.

skycat
3/18/2007, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry but I much prefer the Candyman video to your link tbl. That song doesn't do anything for me at all.

Newbomb Turk
3/18/2007, 03:31 PM
she's just kind of wierd looking.

If she's wierd looking, then I guess I like wierd.

SleestakSooner
3/18/2007, 04:35 PM
That Candyman song blows... If you want a treat to the eyes and ears, this is the one. I dig the song, her performance is amazing, vocals are AWESOME, and she looks good delivering it.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1426964489

Hands down the best singer in the industry right now. She's also hit the breaks on the skank factor as well.

ummm... to each his own. It sounded a lot like wanna-be warbling but it was a good live performance. and the huge bleach blonde wig coming from under the fedora just looked stupid.

I agree that the girl can sing and has toned down the sleeze factor. But I gotta say the Candyman vid (albeit super-produced and not live) beats that SNL performance hands down in overall entertainment factor.

silverwheels
3/18/2007, 04:45 PM
She needs to tone down the makeup. Nice rack, but half the time she looks like a clown. That, plus she's overrated as a singer. Good voice, but she sings the wrong stuff and overdoes every friggin' note in her songs. Yelling "AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!" at the beginning of every song doesn't make you a good singer.

Melo
3/18/2007, 04:53 PM
As far as girl singers go, I'm still diggin Pink a lot more than any of the others.

Her video making fun of all the other female skankmonsters was pretty funny!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8o-eB6Ygdo

SoonerDood
3/18/2007, 05:06 PM
Brittney won the battle, but lost the war.

Rogue
3/18/2007, 06:56 PM
In the '80s I'd have said MJ > Prince. Musically I still would.
A few years ago I'd have said BS > Christina

Of course, I'm the guy that still thins Ryan Leaf will eventually pan out.

SleestakSooner
3/18/2007, 07:10 PM
In the '80s I'd have said MJ > Prince. Musically I still would.
A few years ago I'd have said BS > Christina

Of course, I'm the guy that still thins Ryan Leaf will eventually pan out.

I always knew Prince was the better of the two, but then he went and changed his name to that symbol and did some stupid ****, but then again maybe he was just trying to be more "out there" that MJ.

goingoneight
3/18/2007, 07:11 PM

bluedogok
3/18/2007, 07:29 PM
I always knew Prince was the better of the two, but then he went and changed his name to that symbol and did some stupid ****, but then again maybe he was just trying to be more "out there" that MJ.
The Prince "name change" was due to record company contract problems, from what I remember that was all it was about.

tbl
3/18/2007, 07:49 PM
MJ is great, but no way is he better than Prince. Prince writes all of his songs and on a lot of the early albums played every instrument on it, letting the Revolution play on tour. Not to mention Princes skills on the guitar.

Okla-homey
3/19/2007, 05:05 AM
MJ is great, but no way is he better than Prince. Prince writes all of his songs and on a lot of the early albums played every instrument on it, letting the Revolution play on tour. Not to mention Princes skills on the guitar.

excellent point. The only "instruments" MJ ever played were those which belonged to little boys.