PDA

View Full Version : Jordin Tootoo...

GrapevineSooner
3/17/2007, 09:56 PM
...is a pathetic piece of you-know-what.

When a YouTube video is posted, I'll link to it.

And then I'll tell you the penalties.

Oh, and Mike Modano became the leading American-born goal scorer. For his achievement, Nashville fans booed him.

Yeah, they really deserve a team.

Scott D
3/17/2007, 11:02 PM
pshaw....the booing hatred is silly. I mean everyone outside of Detroit boos Chris Chelios every time he touches the puck.

but yeah Tootoo is a poor man's Darcy Tucker...which makes him 2x as pathetic as Darcy Tucker.

Mixer!
3/17/2007, 11:08 PM
Wasn't it Tootoo's brother who committed suicide?

GrapevineSooner
3/18/2007, 12:49 AM
Video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn05Q5yxmPY)

Scott D
3/18/2007, 10:05 AM
Wasn't it Tootoo's brother who committed suicide?

yeah after being arrested for drunk driving.

Scott D
3/20/2007, 09:43 PM
Grapevine gotta be liking the 5 game suspension.

GrapevineSooner
3/20/2007, 10:50 PM
I approve of it.

And if they wanted to suspend Modano for swinging his stick at Tootoo after the sucker punch, I would have been OK with that, too er too (pun intended) ;)

mfosterftw
3/21/2007, 02:26 PM
The Modano one-handed slash was pretty weak, IMHO. There wasn't much heat on it and Tootoo's shoulder pads back-plate easily absorbed it. The whole incident was very Kermit Washington vs. Rudy T, if you ask me.

Marc

Scott D
3/21/2007, 05:04 PM
nah, Tootoo saw him coming, Kermit didn't see Rudy T until after he'd punched him. Even Rudy would tell you that.

Scott D
3/28/2007, 07:58 PM
yo Grape

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-gbhvf5VP0

Campbell being awful quiet about this one so far.

GrapevineSooner
3/31/2007, 01:41 PM
I'd put Ville right up there with Tootoo.

Actually, Ville reminds me of a very poor man's Ulf Samuelsson.

And this hit should have drawn a suspension of some kind. I guess you could say Ledba turned at the last second, but Ville definitely put his forearm right into his upper back to drive his head into the glass.

Scott D
3/31/2007, 02:58 PM
well poor man's Ulf might be a stretch, Ulf could at least play good positional defense.

The fact that Nieminen got no suspension from his hit, despite being tossed from the game for it, makes Campbell's comments about taking fighting out of the game a total joke.

GrapevineSooner
4/1/2007, 11:21 AM
Late in the game, Tootoo decides it would be a good idea to shove Matty Norstrom from behind and into the left goal post.

The Stars, just like they did all night long, turned the other cheek. Didn't need to beat him up because they beat his team up on the scoreboard.

Best kind of retribution.

Scott D
4/1/2007, 12:31 PM
ugh....Kronwall out 6-8 weeks. Every time this kid makes big strides in the kind of defenceman he can be he gets injured. Lidstrom day to day, guess it's good we got Lebda back today.

Oh and jk I forgot, the logo has remained virtually the same for the last 75 years.

GrapevineSooner
4/1/2007, 05:26 PM
Sucks to hear that about that kid.

And just 24 seconds into his first game from another injury. :(

Scott D
4/1/2007, 05:54 PM
Kronwall has played most of the season, he missed a few games after he almost got his nose taken off early in the season which was why he wore a college style cage for so long. But he missed virtually all of his rookie year with a knee injury, and a long stretch last year with a broken leg.