PDA

View Full Version : 3 point lead, seconds remaining

picasso
3/17/2007, 02:27 PM
FOUL!!!!!!!!

hear that Xavier?????? how many times have we seen it happen?

sheesh!:rolleyes:

TopDawg
3/17/2007, 02:52 PM
ONIONS!

Personally, I'm glad they didn't. I have the Buckeyes winning it all.

Frozen Sooner
3/17/2007, 02:57 PM
FOUL!!!!!!!!

Of course, if you see someone coming in to foul you at half-court, you just heave the shot off and try to make sure you draw contact. I've seen that happen as well.

TopDawg
3/17/2007, 03:01 PM
Of course, if you see someone coming in to foul you at half-court, you just heave the shot off and try to make sure you draw contact. I've seen that happen as well.

Didn't OSU do that to us in Stillwater once?

picasso
3/17/2007, 03:15 PM
yeah I've seen that but it's rare. there was plenty of time to foul before they came anywhere near getting a shot off.

we could do the percentages. there's a better chance of someone hitting a three than there is of making the first foul shot, missing, getting the rebound and scoring again.

I've seen it too many times since the trey was put in.

Frozen Sooner
3/17/2007, 03:17 PM
Didn't OSU do that to us in Stillwater once?

It was Texas in Stillwater. Buckman, I think.

King Crimson
3/17/2007, 03:23 PM
I've heard the up by 3, foul the opposing team strategy is seen to be sort of a wuss move among many coaches. can't confirm it in any specific authoritative way.....but, that's what you hear.

FWIW.

picasso
3/17/2007, 03:26 PM
I've heard the up by 3, foul the opposing team strategy is seen to be sort of a wuss move among many coaches. can't confirm it in any specific authoritative way.....but, that's what you hear.

FWIW.
screw that school of thought. one of the best ever put in that chicken**** four corners play.

foul 'em.

MichiganSooner
3/17/2007, 05:03 PM
How about changing the rule on a 3 point shot attempt foul?

Make the guy shoot his 3 free throws from a line at the top of the free throw circle. Shooting 3 free throws from the normal free throw line is hardly a difficult way to get 3 points.

TopDawg
3/17/2007, 05:34 PM
It was Texas in Stillwater. Buckman, I think.

YEAH! That's right. Thanks.

Paperclip
3/17/2007, 05:48 PM
How about changing the rule on a 3 point shot attempt foul?

Make the guy shoot his 3 free throws from a line at the top of the free throw circle. Shooting 3 free throws from the normal free throw line is hardly a difficult way to get 3 points.

Better yet, make it like soccer. You take your free throw from where the foul occurred.

OSUAggie
3/17/2007, 06:08 PM
We tackled Jackson in Lubbock a couple of years ago (by tackle, I mean an OSU tackle, where we make contact and the guy keeps going), but the refs didn't call it, then we did it again, and still no call, then he hit a three to tie and they won in OT. That was fun.

Octavian
3/17/2007, 06:20 PM
We tackled Jackson in Lubbock a couple of years ago (by tackle, I mean an OSU tackle, where we make contact and the guy keeps going), but the refs didn't call it, then we did it again, and still no call, then he hit a three to tie and they won in OT. That was fun.

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3898/sadboohoofp0.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Eielson
3/17/2007, 06:22 PM
FOUL!!!!!!!!

HIT YOUR FREE THROW!!!