PDA

View Full Version : Mail Order Brides

VeeJay
3/17/2007, 11:46 AM
So I was outside a little while ago and talked to one of my neighbors across the street. This older couple have live here since 1971 - when the neighborhood was built. Their son had driven over and was helping the lady in the yard.

I told them we're getting ready to put our house up for sale. We're real fortunate to live in a nice area with friendly people (except for Lady Asshat).

The lady's son was saying how he's had trouble selling his house, and he's getting ready to get married. Mom let it slip that he's marrying a Russian girl, and she won't be here until May. :eek:

I've never actually known someone who did this before now.

What are the chances of dude having a successful marriage?

I wish him well, but my experiences with topless dancers from the Eastern Bloc haven't gone all that well. ;)

Vaevictis
3/17/2007, 11:49 AM
What are the chances of dude having a successful marriage?

shrug, I bet they're not much worse than for the rest of the population. Arranged marriages are pretty common in the grand scheme of things, even if they are pretty rare in the modern West.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/17/2007, 11:49 AM
i know a guy here locally that did that...he is a freak. he was proud of the fact he purchased his wife for 25 g's, even putting a float in a parade with her riding in his car. the signed said "Meet my new wife". Anyway she left him after 2 years and he just purchased another one.

IronSooner
3/17/2007, 11:51 AM
shrug, I bet they're not much worse than for the rest of the population. Arranged marriages are pretty common in the grand scheme of things, even if they are pretty rare in the modern West.

Yep. Flip a coin.

GottaHavePride
3/17/2007, 11:58 AM
Was it actually a mail-order bride or did he meet the girl elsewhere and she just can't get papers approved to come back over here until May?

I'm just saying, I know a lot of international students and some of them say they don't want to risk going home for a summer because they might not get approved by their home government to come back over here. Sometimes getting new travel papers can take 6 months or a year. It might be that sort of situation.

Of course, I also knew a guy (son of my piano teacher when I was in middle and high school) that met a girl online and flew to Siberia to meet her and bring her back here. That was over 10 years ago - last I heard they were still married.

VeeJay
3/17/2007, 12:03 PM
GHP - I dunno. That's a good point. I didn't want to pepper the guy with questions in front of his mom.

Alls I knows is South Florida is crawling with hot wimmens. You can basically find any shape, size, color or nationality right cheer in this area.

85Sooner
3/17/2007, 12:10 PM
I have several (more than 10 customers) that have russian wives. They are all very, very nice. I have talked with them about it and the information they gave was very similar to this.
http://www.womenrussia.com/faq.htm
for any single guy out there it would definitly be worth checking out. Sorry ladies.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 12:25 PM
Well ****, I'm in.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/17/2007, 01:01 PM
I thought there was someone who posted on here who had one. Not sure who though.

picasso
3/17/2007, 01:06 PM
my bro showed me one for some Russian/Ukraine chicks.

some of 'em are hawt! just sayin.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/17/2007, 01:23 PM
I think Czar found his wife on a Scandinavian hotties site.

MamaMia
3/17/2007, 01:45 PM
I have several (more than 10 customers) that have russian wives. They are all very, very nice. I have talked with them about it and the information they gave was very similar to this.
http://www.womenrussia.com/faq.htm
for any single guy out there it would definitly be worth checking out. Sorry ladies.Sorry for what? Surely you don't think any lady would feel slighted by a group of oddballs purchasing relationships.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here together to join this wife buyer and this American citizen wannabe." :P

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 03:12 PM
Do they come with a full repertoire of Yakov Smirnoff jokes?

King Crimson
3/17/2007, 03:48 PM
Do they come with a full repertoire of Yakov Smirnoff jokes?

you mean he's got more than one?

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2007, 04:39 PM
I thought there was someone who posted on here who had one. Not sure who though.

jeremy885 i think

usmc-sooner
3/17/2007, 06:01 PM
I ordered mine from Tijuana.

85Sooner
3/17/2007, 06:27 PM
Sorry for what? Surely you don't think any lady would feel slighted by a group of oddballs purchasing relationships.

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here together to join this wife buyer and this American citizen wannabe." :P

Alot of men are getting tired of theAmerican Woman so to speak. From what I am told, the russian women are tired of having unproductive drunks for husbands. Alot of American men are fed up with the attitudes, expectations and pressures put on them by american women.

These men don't buy them and the women would be insulted at that. It is no different than the dating agencies you see like match.com. They just specialize in a different area. Matter of fact, the russian women are not nearly hung up on money the way most american women are. They are happy just to be stable. Again from whati hear.

yermom
3/17/2007, 06:34 PM
jeremy885 i think

i'm pretty sure he met her at OU though

olevetonahill
3/17/2007, 06:58 PM
Well ****, I'm in.
Hell Boy , you couldnt even score that way .

Chuck Bao
3/17/2007, 08:54 PM
Check their passport. If they've been to Thailand, they're probably pretty hawt, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

Gawd, I love to see these Russian/former USSR chicks ride on the back of motorbike taxis in their mini skirts. And, they don't ride sidesaddle either.

olevetonahill
3/17/2007, 08:57 PM
Check their passport. If they've been to Thailand, they're probably pretty hawt, but that's not necessarily a good thing.

Gawd, I love to see these Russian/former USSR chicks ride on the back of motorbike taxis in their mini skirts. And, they don't ride sidesaddle either.

So when are you gonna start pimping em to us ?

1stTimeCaller
3/17/2007, 09:01 PM
where do you put the stamps,

jk the sooner fan
3/17/2007, 09:58 PM

i just remember she's from russia, no clue how they met

OUinFLA
3/17/2007, 10:05 PM
Well ****, I'm in.

What would this do to your emotional feelings for the one who continues to treat you like dirt?
Oh, wait, she's getting married right? So, it wont matter for a couple of years.
I guess you could get the ruskie for a fill in while you wait......
again

:D

Dio
3/17/2007, 10:15 PM
Free shipping if they're over 30.

Jerk
3/17/2007, 10:19 PM
All I have to say about this is...

....puddy is waaaaaaaay too expensive.

soonerboomer93
3/18/2007, 02:21 AM

yeah, I recall him mentioning that, I think he had to wait quite a while since her student visa expired and he had to get a fiancee visa for her to return to the US