PDA

View Full Version : I got a promotion today...

Melo
3/16/2007, 05:50 PM
At Jack in the Crack.
My manager told me she thinks I work too hard for what little bit I get paid (which is already halfway decently over minimum wage) and that its time I get paid more and have more position within the store.

That wasnt too difficult.

I also got that third job at O'rielly's, in case anyone was interested.

SeattleOUstudent
3/16/2007, 05:57 PM
This thread is useless without pics.:pop:

Widescreen
3/16/2007, 06:03 PM
Awesome. I thought the o'reilly's thing was supposed to replace the JITB job. That dude was all over you. ;)

Melo
3/16/2007, 06:07 PM
Awesome. I thought the o'reilly's thing was supposed to replace the JITB job. That dude was all over you. ;)

Which dude was all over me?
No, the O'rielly's job actually fit into the schedule so I can keep both. 7 to 2 for JITB and about 4-10 with O'rielly's, then 7-10 on the weekends with O'rielly's. Kind of sucks, 7 days a week, but I'm hoping to just work my booty off for awhile so I wont have to work as much later on down the road when I actually need time for school.

olevetonahill
3/16/2007, 06:13 PM
I missed the Oreilly thing , Giood job .
I buy Most of my parts from them . what are you doing ?

Howzit
3/16/2007, 06:49 PM
Did you have to put out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

'Cause...see...you're manager is a girl!!! That would NEVER happen!!!

Melo
3/16/2007, 07:18 PM
Did you have to put out?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

'Cause...see...you're manager is a girl!!! That would NEVER happen!!!

Heh. No.
She told me she genuinely likes me, and most of the managers ive worked with agree that I should be paid more. Wont argue with them!

Vet... you have no idea. As soon as my grandfather and uncle heard I was working there, they told me they would have lists to me soon. And I believe them. The bf also told me I was going to have to 'hook him up'. Lol. Whatev.

But seriously - Im REALLY excited about all these money opportunities.

sooner_born_1960
3/16/2007, 09:41 PM
The bf wasn't talking about auto parts.

1stTimeCaller
3/16/2007, 10:02 PM
lady parts?

OUinFLA
3/16/2007, 10:06 PM
parts is parts

Melo
3/16/2007, 10:24 PM
The bf wasn't talking about auto parts.

Then what was he talking about?

*innocently awaits an informed response*

Jerk
3/16/2007, 10:31 PM
Good for you...

I got a 5% raise today, in addition to the 5% I got a year ago, and the 5% I got the year before that! So, at the end every week, I figure 15% of the what I grossed for those five days, and add that to the total. That's, like, more money for my wife!!

Skysooner
3/16/2007, 10:32 PM
I flunk English, I'm outta here. I gotta get a job, and you know what that means. That's right, they start me at the drive-up window and I gradually work my way up from shakes to burgers, and then one day my lucky break comes: the french fry guy dies and they offer me the job. But the day I'm supposed to start some men come by in a black Lincoln Continental and tell me I can make a quick 300 just for driving a van back from Mexico. When I get out of jail I'm 36 years old. Living in a flop house. No job. No home. No upward mobility. Very few teeth. And then one day they find me, face down in the gutter, clutching a bottle of paint thinner and why? Because you wouldn't help me in English.

Chuck Bao
3/16/2007, 10:47 PM
What bf? Are you sure you even have time for one?

Mongo
3/16/2007, 11:07 PM
Then what was he talking about?

*innocently awaits an informed response*

With your new advancement at your job, he wanting you to hook him up with a Monster Taco.

Jerk
3/16/2007, 11:40 PM
with special sauce and no lettuce, please.

I always say "yes, sir," "no, sir," "thank you," and "please" to fast food workers.

It's not really me communicating my respect for said workers. I just don't want them to flip a booger in my food.

People who are rude to them are dumb. DUMB!!!!

"Would you like a hot warm loogie IN your cheeseburger?"

soonerboomer93
3/16/2007, 11:55 PM
Good for you...

I got a 5% raise today, in addition to the 5% I got a year ago, and the 5% I got the year before that! So, at the end every week, I figure 15% of the what I grossed for those five days, and add that to the total. That's, like, more money for my wife!!

heh, I made the mistake of letting my gf know somewhat close to how much I make :eek:

SicEmBaylor
3/16/2007, 11:58 PM
My wife is going to know how much I make because she is going to control the money completely from the outset. I'm horrible with money and would have us bankrupt within months.

Penguin
3/17/2007, 12:06 AM
Jack in the Crack?

I've always called it Junk in the Box.

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 12:08 AM
Jack in the Crack?

I've always called it Junk in the Box.

Jizz in the Socks is mine.

soonerboomer93
3/17/2007, 12:10 AM
My wife is going to know how much I make because she is going to control the money completely from the outset. I'm horrible with money and would have us bankrupt within months.

but I said gr, not wife, which would be a different story. especially since she knows I have too much disposable money

olevetonahill
3/17/2007, 02:18 AM
Hell Boy , you cant get a gal to go to Branson . How in hell you think you can talk one to the Altar . :confused:

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 02:20 AM
Hell Boy , you cant get a gal to go to Branson . How in hell you think you can talk one to the Altar . :confused:

Hey, I was <-> <---that close to getting engaged. I'm very good at being in a relationship; I'm not so good at getting into one.

olevetonahill
3/17/2007, 02:23 AM
Yea thats what ur ex said . "Sicem is SOOOOOOO good in this relationship "
Im gonna ask him to be My maid of honor .

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 02:25 AM
Yea thats what ur ex said . "Sicem is SOOOOOOO good in this relationship "
Im gonna ask him to be My maid of honor .

:les: MAN OF HONOR!!!!!:les:

olevetonahill
3/17/2007, 02:27 AM
Maid of honor , or Brides maid . Or isit Flower girl ?
Hell I cant decide which you would be best at .

Octavian
3/17/2007, 02:28 AM
eleven pages

SicEmBaylor
3/17/2007, 02:28 AM
Maid of honor , or Brides maid . Or isit Flower girl ?
Hell I cant decide which you would be best at .

I think what I'm best at is successfully hijacking Melo's threads.

soonerboomer93
3/17/2007, 04:06 AM
:les: MAN OF HONOR!!!!!:les:

no matter how you try to dress it up, a turd is still a turd, and it's still ****in gay

Jerk
3/17/2007, 09:57 AM
[quote=soonerboomer93]heh, I made the mistake of letting my gf know somewhat close to how much I make :eek:[/quote

ewww....if I were single and dating, I wouldn't do that. Especially if I were making the kind of money you guys are. I'd just say "I'm just a worker down at the rig" and say it with a slight uneducated sounding hillbilly voice. I would make her think I make about 10 bucks an hour...and if she still was in love with me, then tell her the truth.

OUinFLA
3/17/2007, 10:09 PM

You are soooooooooo optimistic.
Oh, and you're probably gonna be broke for a long time to come.

OCUDad
3/17/2007, 10:45 PM
Good for you...

I got a 5% raise today, in addition to the 5% I got a year ago, and the 5% I got the year before that! So, at the end every week, I figure 15% of the what I grossed for those five days, and add that to the total. That's, like, more money for my wife!!Compounded over the three years, that's almost 16%. Don't tell the wife about that extra 1% and keep it to buy beer.

GottaHavePride
3/17/2007, 10:58 PM
Hey, I was <-> <---that close to getting engaged.

The key part here that you left out is that you were that close to getting engaged to a needy control-freak psycho-yainch.

Melo
3/17/2007, 10:59 PM
What bf? Are you sure you even have time for one?

Thats the sad part. :(

Already, we're down to seeing each other once a week. But I figure the more we can tough it out now, and both make more money while successfully not spending it, the faster we'll be able to move in together and get things going. Plus, hes not going to be around for the next three weeks - which is plenty of time for me to get things with work going... and plenty of time to work up everyones trust so I can gradually start asking for my weekends off.

Thats the plan, anyways - Im going to play it by ear.

soonerboomer93
3/18/2007, 05:30 AM
[quote=soonerboomer93]heh, I made the mistake of letting my gf know somewhat close to how much I make :eek:[/quote

ewww....if I were single and dating, I wouldn't do that. Especially if I were making the kind of money you guys are. I'd just say "I'm just a worker down at the rig" and say it with a slight uneducated sounding hillbilly voice. I would make her think I make about 10 bucks an hour...and if she still was in love with me, then tell her the truth.

well, I wasn't thinking at the bar one night and she saw one my my post payday atm receipts. (we only get paid once a month, if it was 2 times a month, i could have just told her it was once a month). Luckily it was from december and I missed about 6 days so my check was smaller then normal

I'd use the rig line, but unfortunately the worlds second and third largest shipyards are located on this island within about 15 miles of each other. There are a lot of expats here working. Some make more then I do, some make less then I do, but they know that most of the Americans and Europeans have money.