PDA

View Full Version : A little too close to home

colleyvillesooner
3/16/2007, 04:45 PM
My fiancée works in this building. Different, secure floor, but still a little scary when you get the phone call saying "Someone got shot in our building."

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/031707dnmetlcshooting.1b34cfd4.html

1 dead in Las Colinas tower shooting

IRVING — One person was fatally shot Friday morning during an argument between two construction workers at a Las Colinas office tower.

Police said they responded to the shooting on the third-floor of a high-rise building in the 200 block of East John Carpenter Freeway about 10:10 a.m. The workers had been remodeling the empty office space. It was unclear who alerted police.

One of the men pulled out a small caliber handgun and shot Loi Van Troung, 56, police said. The 28-year-old suspect was quickly apprehended by security officers and police and taken to the Irving city jail for processing.

The office tower houses a number of tenants, including General Motors and Bank of America, but police said the violence was isolated to the construction site.

Sooner Mommy
3/16/2007, 04:51 PM
Very scary! I'm glad your fiancee is alright.

sanantoniosooner
3/16/2007, 05:17 PM
Yeah. There was a shooting across the street from my son's elementary school a few months back.

skycat
3/16/2007, 05:19 PM
I didn't even know that they had multi-floor buildings in Coffeyville.

royalfan5
3/16/2007, 05:33 PM
Glad she is safe but isn't putting a building on John Carpenter Freeway just asking for situations that require an escape or Kurt Russel?

olevetonahill
3/16/2007, 06:40 PM
Glad the Future Misses is ok .

jk the sooner fan
3/16/2007, 08:30 PM
ben, glad she's ok!

yermom
3/16/2007, 08:32 PM
Glad she is safe but isn't putting a building on John Carpenter Freeway just asking for situations that require an escape or Kurt Russel?

yeah, she could have been in Big Trouble or something :D

Fugue
3/16/2007, 08:44 PM
I didn't even know that they had multi-floor buildings in Coffeyville.

:D :pop:

glad everything is ok cvs.

colleyvillesooner
3/16/2007, 08:54 PM
ben, glad she's ok!

Thanks for telling everyone my name, Curtis.

;)