PDA

View Full Version : Now this is funny...

goingoneight
3/15/2007, 11:45 PM
As I remember it, aggy used to always throw the "just wait 'til BASKETBALL season" defense mechanism up.

Now it seems, the tables have turned. :D

http://www.o-state.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=495292&page=3&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

I was looking for an aggy-hyped bio on Beckman when I found this jewel.

Sonner magic923
3/16/2007, 12:02 AM
yes its a sad day in stoolwater when there looking foward to football season in March

sooner518
3/16/2007, 12:18 AM
theyre "on the rise!"

we better watch out.

OSUAggie
3/16/2007, 12:40 AM
Been on the rise since '95. Been young since '95. Been ****ty since '95.

We should be pretty good in '07, but the schedule may not allow the record to indicate that.

jk the sooner fan
3/16/2007, 06:29 AM
i remember when photo sigs were cool.......

The_Red_Patriot
3/16/2007, 09:03 AM
but they didnt dominate us in basketball. Thats what kills me.

I actually read this from one aggy board--"guys, were a football school now, its time to act like it"

fadada1
3/16/2007, 09:11 AM

We should be pretty good in '07, but the schedule may not allow the record to indicate that.
yet this might just be the year where that trend changes.

IronSooner
3/16/2007, 09:43 AM
I am certainly dumber for having read that thread, thanks.

Easy180
3/16/2007, 10:54 AM

If you can't beat Texazz in Stillwater this year then might as well hang it up for another decade in the south

ADs_Agent
3/16/2007, 11:01 AM
Oklahoma State is like a hobo on the street, no matter if a limo drives up and drops a couple hunder million dollars in his Dukes of Hazzard coffee mug, they'll still be a hobo on the street corner begging for a bowl invitation.

stoopified
3/16/2007, 11:04 AM
Pistols firing bwahahahhahahahhaahhahaha.

ADs_Agent
3/16/2007, 11:06 AM
OState hasn't earned anything, 0 traditions, 0 excellence, 0 respect. Pickens may as well own the university.

UberSooner
3/16/2007, 11:12 AM
That thread can't possibly be real. The whole "don't quote me on it" sequence was mind numbing.

Seamus
3/16/2007, 01:04 PM

True dat. I had to wipe a quart of drool off my shirt. Is there anywhere I can go to regain the 15 IQ points I just lost?

OKLA21FAN
3/16/2007, 02:08 PM

pfffft,,,
aggie has been on the rise in the late 70s, then after a couple eggs, in the early 80s, then a couple more eggs, then late 80s, then more eggs (who can forget 0-10-1), and now you say 'been on the rise since 95'?

just what is 'on the rise' when you don't even have a conference title to show for all those 'rising trends'? aggie is pushing 40 years of 'on the rise'.

its quite comical though.

StuIsTheMan
3/16/2007, 02:56 PM
pfffft,,,
aggie has been on the rise in the late 70s, then after a couple eggs, in the early 80s, then a couple more eggs, then late 80s, then more eggs (who can forget 0-10-1), and now you say 'been on the rise since 95'?

just what is 'on the rise' when you don't even have a conference title to show for all those 'rising trends'? aggie is pushing 40 years of 'on the rise'.

its quite comical though.

http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img259/2476/da82c2fcf81kw1.th.jpg (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/)

she gives me a rise..Hey ohhh!

AlbqSooner
3/16/2007, 06:31 PM
just what is 'on the rise' when you don't even have a conference title to show for all those 'rising trends'?
Read as: Wait till next year.

goingoneight
3/16/2007, 09:54 PM
True dat. I had to wipe a quart of drool off my shirt. Is there anywhere I can go to regain the 15 IQ points I just lost?

Go to an OU game. :D

oufan1
3/16/2007, 10:10 PM

What is "pretty good"? You guys have been near the bottom of the conference for the past two years.. what makes you think you will be "pretty good"

OSUAggie
3/17/2007, 12:48 PM
what makes you think you will be "pretty good"

A balanced offense that averaged over 400 yards/game (200+ rush, 200+ pass) and returns most of its starters. The defense wasn't very good last year, but they were very young. 4 games went down to the final play (K-State, Tech, OU, and aTm), and if the D was just a bit better, those games were likely wins. If the D can improve a bit, the team should be much better. That's what makes me think we'll be "pretty good."

OU_Sooners75
3/17/2007, 01:46 PM
OState hasn't earned anything, 0 traditions, 0 excellence, 0 respect. Pickens may as well own the university.

HUH, not to defend OSU in anything...but this is not entirely true.

They have the fourth most combined national championships in the nation, behind UCLA, USC, and Stanford.

Most came from wrestling, 2 from Basketball and a Baseball one. Also 10 Golf championships.

tommieharris91
3/17/2007, 02:29 PM

They have the fourth most combined national championships in the nation, behind UCLA, USC, and Stanford.

Most came from wrestling, 2 from Basketball and a Baseball one. Also 10 Golf championships.

If a tree falls in the forest...

Cam
3/17/2007, 03:44 PM
If a tree falls in the forest...
Or an aggie wins a wrestling match/golf tournament/rodeo...

DeadSolidPerfect
3/17/2007, 04:01 PM

Not to mention the equestrian championships, which I've lost count of. That's the real monster up there.:eddie:

oufan1
3/17/2007, 06:07 PM
A balanced offense that averaged over 400 yards/game (200+ rush, 200+ pass) and returns most of its starters. The defense wasn't very good last year, but they were very young. 4 games went down to the final play (K-State, Tech, OU, and aTm), and if the D was just a bit better, those games were likely wins. If the D can improve a bit, the team should be much better. That's what makes me think we'll be "pretty good."
So if 4-7 and 6-6 are "on the rise" and "pretty good" what does that make the Sooners? Let's face it you are average at best and it is funny that your fans "can't wait for football". Its the same thing with basketball you guys are always saying your some kind of an elite team or something and how good GIA is but lets face it we are not losing tons of games at home either and we are just a "pretty good" team at basketball that happens to own you in the overall series.

MichiganSooner
3/17/2007, 07:48 PM
I get a kick out of the bragging about GIA-one guy on this same osu forum called it the finest basketball arena in America. If that's the case, then when will an NCAA tourney be played there? Just watched 2 great games at Rupp Arena today; of course it holds about 24,000 not 13,000. Why not the NCAA wrestling championships? Just tuned in to see it get started on ESPN. Instead of having it at "the nations finest arena" it is held at a schlock house called the Palace of Auburn Hills capacity about 24,000. Face it Cowboys, your new arena is average, just like most your teams. I will admit it is nice and new but still it is average.

The same poster said the Cowboys are one of America's 3 top basketball programs? I asked a buddy which program they were ahead of: North Carolina, Duke, or Kentucky. No response. Then asked if they were ahead of UCLA, Wake, Maryland, Michigan State, Indiana, or Kansas. Aggie did not respond.

usmc-sooner
3/17/2007, 08:59 PM
The same poster said the Cowboys are one of America's 3 top basketball programs? I asked a buddy which program they were ahead of: North Carolina, Duke, or Kentucky. No response. Then asked if they were ahead of UCLA, Wake, Maryland, Michigan State, Indiana, or Kansas. Aggie did not respond.

don't they have an overall losing record against OU?

oufan1
3/18/2007, 01:46 PM
don't they have an overall losing record against OU?
Yeah its like 120-80 or something like that

SoonerJLB
3/19/2007, 12:21 PM

How many championships have the Shaggies won in sheep hump...er..I mean herding?

ADs_Agent
3/19/2007, 12:27 PM

wrestling and golf may as well be underwater basket weaving championships, they mean nothing.

StanberryWasIn
3/19/2007, 01:43 PM
Don't worry. Come the end of October, if not sooner, their typical disaster of a football season will have crystallized (i.e., do arguably okay against OOC patsies* then fall apart in conference), and we'll again get to hear the dulcet strains of "just wait until basketball starts".

*Meaning, beat FAU, Sam Houston State and Troy "...and we kept Georgia within 17; if it just hadn't been for that crappy officiating!"

RedstickSooner
3/20/2007, 03:24 PM

Yeah. What gets me is how I keep clicking on links like that when they come up. Usually. I don't know what's wrong with me.