PDA

View Full Version : Drew Lav playing a pretty good game for the X

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 10:35 PM
good game with BYU. down to the last possession.....shot clock is off, X up by two. BYU ball.

SleestakSooner
3/15/2007, 10:36 PM
yeah, seeing him cross mid-court and then wipe the bottoms of both shoes while he's still dribbling brings back some memories.

OKC-SLC
3/15/2007, 10:36 PM
that run--stop--float from 5 ft out sure looks familiar.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 10:38 PM
Drew puts it away. big guy for BYU has got to lean into someone on that RB and get a foul call.

SleestakSooner
3/15/2007, 10:39 PM
he was a good free throw shooter too, Xavier up by four now 11 seconds left.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 10:39 PM
he's still really short. way to go Drew.

SleestakSooner
3/15/2007, 10:40 PM
Go home to your underground bunkers in Salt Lake City Morans.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 10:41 PM
I'll bury this here. it sucks not being in the tournament.

Sooner24
3/15/2007, 10:42 PM
Drew Lavender???? Why does that name sound familiar???

Sooner98
3/15/2007, 10:43 PM
Drew has always been clutch.

SleestakSooner
3/15/2007, 10:44 PM
I have adopted VCU for my team this big dance. Since Capel recruited all of the players and they still play somewhat his style of basketball.

I am hoping the Sooners look a lot like that next year and get better still the year after.

BigRedJed
3/15/2007, 10:45 PM
Drew Lavender???? Why does that name sound familiar???
Are you being serious? It's hard to tell without a smiley.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 10:46 PM
Are you being serious? It's hard to tell without a smiley.

trust me, 24 knows Sooner hoops.

BigRedJed
3/15/2007, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I know I've seen him over here a bunch. A lot more than me, I'm certain. Since I'm assigned to this forum I'm trying to spend more time here, though. I need to get to know everyone who posts over here better.

I'm not as worried about getting to know the folks on the football board again. Most of them are n00bs, so who cares?

BigRedJed
3/15/2007, 11:29 PM
I just took my nightly moddy tour of the football board.

I'm thinking of asking Boarder if he'll trade me for Sooner Swap.

SleestakSooner
3/15/2007, 11:32 PM
I just took my nightly moddy tour of the football board.

I'm thinking of asking Boarder if he'll trade me for Sooner Swap.

ROFL, had enough of the n00b fiesta?

BigRedJed
3/15/2007, 11:34 PM
WHO ARE THOSE PEOPLE??!!?

yermom
3/15/2007, 11:56 PM
why did he leave again?

Big Red Ron
3/16/2007, 01:30 AM
why did he leave again?Because Sampson was convince that he was too small to play point, never mind that he started as a freshman, he made mistakes and it was always put on his size. He's the one (of several super stars) transfers I hate the most to see leave.

Frozen Sooner
3/16/2007, 01:41 AM
Because Sampson was convince that he was too small to play point, never mind that he started as a freshman, he made mistakes and it was always put on his size. He's the one (of several super stars) transfers I hate the most to see leave.

Ron, this post doesn't even make sense.

Kelvin RECRUITED Drew Lavender for four years knowing how tall he was. There's no position on the floor other than point guard he would have played-what, you think he was going to play the 2?

Drew got benched because he turned into a defensive liability for a while and had a crappy attitude.

Big Red Ron
3/16/2007, 01:48 AM
Ron, this post doesn't even make sense.

Kelvin RECRUITED Drew Lavender for four years knowing how tall he was. There's no position on the floor other than point guard he would have played-what, you think he was going to play the 2?

Drew got benched because he turned into a defensive liability for a while and had a crappy attitude.That's what I was referring too. You don't remember Drew not playing the point. He in fact, did play the two with Mckenzie at point, at times.

The only other thing than some poor defense was that Drew ended up getting trapped, sometimes by only one large guard 6'5 plus.

Both things he could have overcome with experience. Kelvin's mistake was throwing him in there (as a Freshman) and then seemingly cutting bait and going with whats his name, who was good but his name escapes me. Drew left.

tommieharris91
3/16/2007, 02:22 AM
That's what I was referring too. You don't remember Drew not playing the point. He in fact, did play the two with Mckenzie at point, at times.

The only other thing than some poor defense was that Drew ended up getting trapped, sometimes by only one large guard 6'5 plus.

Both things he could have overcome with experience. Kelvin's mistake was throwing him in there (as a Freshman) and then seemingly cutting bait and going with whats his name, who was good but his name escapes me. Drew left.

Jaison Williams, maybe?

yermom
3/16/2007, 07:41 AM
Terrell Everett, i couldn't think of him either for a second

NormanPride
3/16/2007, 09:42 AM
:(

Remember that shot he hit at Mizzou last second? The one where he wasn't even looking at the basket? That was one of my favorite Sooner BBall moments.

BigRedJed
3/16/2007, 09:44 AM
There's no such thing as too small to play point. Ask Muggsy Bogues. Kelvin knows that. Drew was benched and moved around because he didn't get Kelvin's system, and like Froze said, had a bad attitude.

bri
3/16/2007, 10:44 AM
Man, between Bastard McCallingplan at Indiana and Drew leading the X-Men to the second round...OU is doing better in the tourney than we usually do when we're actually in the tourney. :D

boomersooner82
3/16/2007, 10:52 AM
Yeah in all the "Calvin sucks" debates, I forgot about all the guys he scared away: Drew, L-Mac, De'Angelo, Brandon Foust. I'm not sure if I wouldn't take any of their "bad attitudes" over our lack of talent this season. (Though I guess Alexander would've worn out his eligibility last season)

Frozen Sooner
3/16/2007, 11:04 AM
I think Foust would have been sitting in jail, so he's kind of out.

Alexander wouldn't have exhausted his eligibility because he'd have sat out a year to work on his grades.

StuIsTheMan
3/16/2007, 02:09 PM
Drew was a stud last night...SCREW KELVIN SAMPSON...I really hate him now...oh yeah...AD WILL BE A BRONCO!