PDA

View Full Version : Well, I don't have to move to Tulsa

OUstudent4life
3/15/2007, 02:35 PM
...or for the Tulsa peeps on here...I don't get to move to Tulsa...my wife (and the rest of the OU College of Medicine) matched to their residency programs today...OU Pediatrics here in OKC is getting a fine doctor, if I do say so myself :D.

On another note, I've never seen so many people so nervous in one room :D. The OU COM did pretty well in their match...plenty of good future doc's staying, and plenty moving on to some pretty awesome residencies, too.

rufnek05
3/15/2007, 02:36 PM
congrats

Xstnlsooner
3/15/2007, 02:45 PM
one of my good buds is in charge of the internal resident program

sharp guy, even if he is from Kansas, but he's a converted Sooner.

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2007, 02:48 PM
Watch out...Homey might go on a rampage when he sees the thread title.

OUstudent4life
3/15/2007, 03:04 PM
one of my good buds is in charge of the internal resident program

sharp guy, even if he is from Kansas, but he's a converted Sooner.

We keep telling our friends that were OSU undergrads that their "highest" degree is from OU, so they're now Sooners.

They continue to disagree, in spite of our undeniable logic.

...one of them came to OU/texas, though, and started yelling "BOOMER" to a) anger texas fans, and b) "flirt" with OU girls. He denies this, but we have several eye-witnesses.

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2007, 03:18 PM
You could have done better. My dad did his residency at a hospital in Largo, FL just off the beach and next to the MLB spring training center. :D

Xstnlsooner
3/15/2007, 03:19 PM
my friend did go to OU med school though.

arguing with losur fans is like f*rting in the wind. they wish they could
be Sooner fans even though they won't admit it. lol

OUstudent4life
3/15/2007, 03:25 PM
You could have done better. My dad did his residency at a hospital in Largo, FL just off the beach and next to the MLB spring training center. :D

That's why we're waiting for me to graduate. UCLA in the middle of Beverly Hills = teh awesomez.

One student in the class matched at the University of Hawaii. If you're going to be a miserable internal medicine intern, you might as well do it there :D.

BajaOklahoma
3/15/2007, 06:53 PM
Like he'll ever see the sun in Hawaii. He's going to be another pale-faced resident.

Congrats to the wife, OUstudentfor4life. I used to work for the OU College of Medicine - it was fun to see all of the noobs come in. :) Tell your wife that being nice to the nurses can make her life so much easier. And pay attention to them, they actually know what's going on.

rufnek05
3/15/2007, 07:43 PM
i wonder if it would be anything like "scrubs". hopfully with the crazy janitor, and ted

OKC-SLC
3/15/2007, 08:22 PM
Like he'll ever see the sun in Hawaii. He's going to be another pale-faced resident.

Congrats to the wife, OUstudentfor4life. I used to work for the OU College of Medicine - it was fun to see all of the noobs come in. :) Tell your wife that being nice to the nurses can make her life so much easier. And pay attention to them, they actually know what's going on.
In what capacity did you work for OU COM?