PDA

View Full Version : Dear Coach Knight

jk the sooner fan
3/15/2007, 01:18 PM
you can go back to Lubbock now......

AllAboutThe'O'
3/15/2007, 01:19 PM
Again, tell me how Texas Tech got into the tournament and K-State didn't.

jk the sooner fan
3/15/2007, 01:23 PM
2 words

booby knight

AllAboutThe'O'
3/15/2007, 01:24 PM
2 words

booby knight

That's exactly what I thought.

Scott D
3/15/2007, 01:33 PM
Again, tell me how Texas Tech got into the tournament and K-State didn't.

beating Texas, A&M, and Kansas in a two week span, or whatever it was.

AllAboutThe'O'
3/15/2007, 01:36 PM
beating Texas, A&M, and Kansas in a two week span, or whatever it was.
That was so last January. Oh, and I don't think they beat Texas but they did sweep A&M and did beat Kansas. Yeah, come to think of it, that's what probably got them into the tourney.

royalfan5
3/15/2007, 01:38 PM
I think that a loss to Nebraska in basketball should automatically preclude you from an at large bid. Texas Tech proved that today.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 01:50 PM
we lost to NU twice a year ago.

I'm just sick of hearing Bobby now that he has the win record.....thinking anyone gives a flying f*ck about what he has to say. the phrase "bully pulpit" comes to mind.

i think the Big XII only deserved 3 teams.

skycat
3/15/2007, 01:57 PM
i think the Big XII only deserved 3 teams.
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 01:59 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

your rpi was 59, the rule of thumb is over 50 and you don't get in. 70% of your 10 conference wins were against teams with an rpi of 100+. your SOS was terrible. your record against rpi top 50 teams was awful (1-5, or 2-5).

be a man and quit crying about it. you didn't deserve to get in.

skycat
3/15/2007, 02:27 PM
your rpi was 59, the rule of thumb is over 50 and you don't get in. 70% of your 10 conference wins were against teams with an rpi of 100+. your SOS was terrible. your record against rpi top 50 teams was awful (1-5, or 2-5).

be a man and quit crying about it. you didn't deserve to get in.

Top 50 is kind of silly as the USC, and Tech wins both bounced just above and below that mark. Only had two shots at home against top 50 teams. 3-5 isn't bad, and that's what it should be regarded as.

11-5 in our last 16 games.

8 wins on the road or in neutral sites. (Including all three top 50 wins)

If Stanford (RPI 67, losers of 7 of their last 11) deserved a spot then K-State did.
If :mad:Arkansas:mad: deserved a spot then K-State did.

And if Kansas deserves a one seed based on this conference, we deserved a spot in the tournament. (Kansas' best conference win: Texas at home. Kansas' best conference road win: at K-State).

Anyway, I won't bore you guys with any more of my K-State angst...

for now;)

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2007, 02:37 PM
Kitties got screwed.

Bobby Knight is a ******!

That is all.

OKC-SLC
3/15/2007, 03:58 PM
The committee should have let TT and KSU in, or neither of them.

Personally, I think neither of them. But if you let TT in, you HAVE to let KSU.

Of course it never hurts that Weiberg is Bobby Knight's personal sex slave and yainch; he was likely told/led to believe that the committee would only be taking 4 from big 12, and he made no effort otherwise. And he wanted TT. Because he's Bobby's yainch.

Katherine
3/15/2007, 04:02 PM
Tech shouldn't have even made the tourney.

skycat
3/15/2007, 04:18 PM
The committee should have let TT and KSU in, or neither of them.

Personally, I think neither of them. But if you let TT in, you HAVE to let KSU.

Of course it never hurts that Weiberg is Bobby Knight's personal sex slave and yainch; he was likely told/led to believe that the committee would only be taking 4 from big 12, and he made no effort otherwise. And he wanted TT. Because he's Bobby's yainch.

Neither makes no sense to me.

Then you'd have a conference with a 1 seed, a 3 seed, a 4 seed, and nobody else?

If you leave both Tech and K-State out, and I could see the argument for that I guess, then you also need to lower the seeds of the teams that did make it IMO.

King Crimson
3/15/2007, 04:20 PM
i said it before, i'll say it again:

big XII: 3 teams.

skycat
3/15/2007, 04:34 PM
I strongly disagree.

:D

OKC-SLC
3/15/2007, 04:48 PM
Neither makes no sense to me.

Then you'd have a conference with a 1 seed, a 3 seed, a 4 seed, and nobody else?

If you leave both Tech and K-State out, and I could see the argument for that I guess, then you also need to lower the seeds of the teams that did make it IMO.
I understand what you're saying; can't say that I disagree. And yes, there are several teams that are in that shouldn't have been. There are several in that KSU deserved to get in ahead of. But there are several that were left out that deserved a spot more than KSU.

I agree with you that if you're going to let one in, it should have been KState. However, I can't ignore the fact that your resume was just so-so. Early losses (cal, nm, csu) simply are not offset by your win at UT.

-KSU got beat like a Weiberg at Lawrence in February.
-KSU lost what was then seen as a must-win at Stoolwater--hell, everyone else but Oklahoma can win there these days it seems.
-KSU lost a statement opportunity to a very good KU team 3 weeks ago at home (and finished the season 0-3 against them).
-KSU lost at NU a month ago.

In my mind, a soft schedule during which KSU lost damn near every game against good opponents did you in. You won most (but not all) of the games you were supposed to win. You lost all but one of the games you were supposed to lose. There are a lot of teams that can say this same thing. Tex Tech is one of them, for sure.

GrapevineSooner
3/15/2007, 04:57 PM
Moral of the story is don't get on the bubble to begin with.

And if you're still lucky to get in, be thankful.

That is all.

skycat
3/15/2007, 05:20 PM
Moral of the story is don't get on the bubble to begin with.

And if you're still lucky to get in, be thankful.

That is all.

Yup.

Hopefully Beasley and Walker will have us a mile from the bubble next year.

OKC-SLC
3/15/2007, 07:59 PM
Yup.

Hopefully Beasley and Walker will have us a mile from the bubble next year.
I think you guys are going to be a top 3 team in the Big 12 over the next 4 years or so. Basically, like we were--I think we'll get back, but when one team moves up, another has to step down and v/v.