PDA

View Full Version : How about this for a set list????

tbl
3/14/2007, 10:42 PM
I'm going to DFW next week for business so I'm gonna hook up with my friend that plays drums on one of the evenings. I wish he could play guitar too so we could switch back and forth, but he's just a straight drummer.... oh well.

We have very different backgrounds so we have to find some common ground songs for us to play. I've tried playing originals with him but the chemistry just ain't there. When I lived there, we never could get a full jam session b/c he'd want to play something that I'd have no idea how to play on guitar (and didn't want to learn either). It took me moving to Atlanta to figure out we need to put a set list together of songs we agree on.

Here's what I've come up with. We played some of these last time I was in and it was a blast. His wife comes up and go-go dances for us too... Some of the songs on there are for her to enjoy (Maroon 5), but it ain't that bad so I'll jam them out for her too.

We play private parties in case you want to book us. ;)

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/fixinchitlins/setlist.jpg

sooneron
3/14/2007, 10:45 PM
Having The Cult and moron 5 on the same set list makes me want to throat punch both of you. And you guys should play My Wave by Soundgarden.

Other than that, nice list.

stoops the eternal pimp
3/14/2007, 10:56 PM
looks good..wouldnt mind hearing evenflow from ya

tbl
3/14/2007, 11:14 PM
Having The Cult and moron 5 on the same set list makes me want to throat punch both of you. And you guys should play My Wave by Soundgarden.

Other than that, nice list.
Like I said, those two are for her. I know how incredibly gay it is, but I'm a nice guy... ;)

We went to the Cult concert in Fort Worth last year when they rolled through. It was AWESOME. They played the Ridglea which is a pretty small venue, so it was very cool to see one of my favorite bands up close and personal like that.

I'll check out My Wave. I'm not familiar with it...

sooneron
3/14/2007, 11:15 PM
Like I said, those two are for her. I know how incredibly gay it is, but I'm a nice guy... ;)

We went to the Cult concert in Fort Worth last year when they rolled through. It was AWESOME. They played the Ridglea which is a pretty small venue, so it was very cool to see one of my favorite bands up close and personal like that.
I saw them at the Nokia in NYC last year- about 900 peeps. Great show.

Mongo
3/14/2007, 11:18 PM
Dude, who is the front man? There is a lot of bands with some talented singers, and tough to cover/mimic.

sooneron
3/14/2007, 11:20 PM
Dude, who is the front man? There is a lot of bands with some talented singers, and tough to cover/mimic.
I can pull off Astbury and early Vedder.

Mongo
3/14/2007, 11:24 PM
Heck, I could pull off an early Barry White and a Dave Draymen(sp), but I still sounds like I am yodeling down a caverness.....well, something caverness.

King Crimson
3/14/2007, 11:41 PM
MR. Brownstone is about my fave GNR song.

King Contrary man and Lil Devil are good cuts, too.

tbl
3/15/2007, 08:32 AM
When you're playing in a guys jam/workout room, spot on vocals are NOT a priority. ;)

tbl
3/15/2007, 08:34 AM

Anything off Electric (with the exception of Born to be wild) is guaranteed awesome.

sooneron
3/15/2007, 08:54 AM

A2Z used to do a nice cover of King Contrary Man.

That should take some people back.