PDA

View Full Version : Maytag for the kitchen?

MamaMia
3/14/2007, 09:56 PM
I heard that Whirlpool bought out Maytag. My Range quit on me this morning and its going to cost so much to fix it that it would make better sense to replace it. I bought all my appliances at the same time and they have all seen better days. I have all white appliances but want to switch to stainless steel. So I've been looking at ranges, over the range microwaves, refrigerators and dishwashers.

After shopping all day and looking at Kitchen Aide, Maytag, Kenmore and Whirlpool, I think I like the Maytag the best. Do any of you have Maytag kitchen appliances? I bought a Maytag washer and dryer a couple of years ago and haven't had any problems.

royalfan5
3/14/2007, 09:58 PM
Maytag cheese is pretty awesome. I can't vouch for the appliances though.

Cam
3/14/2007, 10:05 PM
Take a very close look at the Kenmore vs the Maytag and Whirlpool. Chances are that either Maytag or Whirlpool actually made the Kenmore model. The only difference will be the name tag.

Okla-homey
3/14/2007, 10:06 PM
Make that rich dentist hubby of yours get up off that fat wallet and buy you a Viking gas range.:D

sooneron
3/14/2007, 10:13 PM
We have a Maytag gas stove. It rocks. I love it and I only paid 700 bones for it. Perks of the tv biz. Solid cooker. It was in an EZ Off commercial! :D

Actually, it was in this Easy Off commercial.
http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/6639/hmmain2rw7.jpg

I'm sure Mom has seen it. That is my oven in the background. I got to buy off the shoot, as I was the producer.

I think I also ate some of that pie, too. THE CHERRY PIE!!

OCUDad
3/14/2007, 10:21 PM
I'll second the Viking recommendation.

MamaMia
3/14/2007, 10:29 PM
Make that rich dentist hubby of yours get up off that fat wallet and buy you a Viking gas range.:DYou must have us confused with those crown making Hollywood corporation type dentists. We've just got a small town, mom and pop tooth pulling business. :P

Viking is not an affordable option. There are more pressing things on my list of needs.

sooneron
3/14/2007, 10:49 PM
You must have us confused with those crown making Hollywood corporation type dentists. We've just got a small town, mom and pop tooth pulling business. :P

Viking is not an affordable option. There are more pressing things on my list of needs.
I am hurt that you didn't recognize the commercial.:(

MamaMia
3/14/2007, 10:56 PM
I am hurt that you didn't recognize the commercial.:(
Sorry, I've never seen that commercial. Did they have any of those fancy Vikings left over I could buy for the price of a Kenmore? ;)

Mjcpr
3/15/2007, 08:38 AM
You're right that Whirlpool bought out Maytag.....I don't know how or if that would affect their product quality though.

sooneron
3/15/2007, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I've never seen that commercial. Did they have any of those fancy Vikings left over I could buy for the price of a Kenmore? ;)
Usually, it's half price after a shoot.

Soonrboy
3/15/2007, 08:56 AM
How much was the cherry pie?

SoonerStormchaser
3/15/2007, 09:52 AM
Maytag vs. Kenmore.

From personal experience: Maytag every time. Never had to replace or repair any of my Maytag appliances...EVER! Kenmore? One washer broke after 8 months.

Newbomb Turk
3/15/2007, 11:57 AM
I haven't had that great of luck with Maytag stuff. Had to fix the dishwasher and refrigerator when they were only a few years old.

MamaMia
3/15/2007, 12:39 PM
Well, I guess since Maytag, Kenmore and Whirlpool are all owned by the same people now, it really wouldn't make much difference. I wish I wasn't sitting here with a broken oven but because I'am, I really don't have a lot of time to compare.

Thanks for your input. :)

C&CDean
3/15/2007, 04:00 PM
I don't know about all the mergence of the companies, all I know is that you cannot beat Whirlpool. Not opinion, just fact. And whatever you do, stay the hell away from anything saying GE on the front. Major POS.

VeeJay
3/15/2007, 04:34 PM
A couple of years ago we went through a kitchen remodel and bought all stainless GE appliances - refrig/freezer (side by side with ice and water spigot thingies), dishwasher, microwave and oven. We haven't had any problems with any of it, except one of those plastic trays in the refrig (the crisper - you know, the compartment where Jeffrey Dahmer kept some heads and whatnot) sort of came apart.

We also bought a new Maytag washer and dryer, and it's the shizznit. When we move to NC, I think I'll take those with me and replace with a scratch-and-dent special from an outlet store.