PDA

View Full Version : Whoa! What a ride!

Chuck Bao
3/14/2007, 02:54 PM
Anyone have a clue about what's happening on Wall Street?

Somebody just said on CNBC, it's a whipsaw environment.

So, sucker rally or there's just too much money floating around for a sustained sell-off?

CUinNC
3/14/2007, 03:00 PM
I don't know, but for what's been happening, I'll have to work till I'm 89 FREAKIN" years old...I sure hope it gets better.....

I sometimes think it's rigged...get 'em down low so the big $$ players can buy cheap, then rape everyone else...

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 03:16 PM
Mason ****ing jars people. Geez.

CUinNC
3/14/2007, 03:45 PM
Mason ****ing jars people. Geez.

or Moonshine....back to the basics...

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 03:47 PM
or Moonshine....back to the basics...

Mason jars are good for more than fruits, veggies, and shine. If you can your cash just like maters it'll last forever.

crawfish
3/14/2007, 03:48 PM
Mason jars are good for more than fruits, veggies, and shine. If you can your cash just like maters it'll last forever.

Try telling that to Lucius Clay.

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 03:50 PM

You can it and forget it. Going out in the moonlight and digging it up to whack off all over it will get a boy kilt.

soonersweetie
3/14/2007, 05:40 PM
Agreed Dean, that Wall Street crap is for the birds. They think Vegas is bad, I think the odds on Wall Street are way higher than a table game in Vegas. I'd rather take my chances on a roulette table than throw my money into the stock market.

I'll admit I'm not a financial guru, but I certainly don't trust the powers-that-be on Wall Street. Someone starts a rumor and it all goes to hell and there goes my money.

Rogue
3/14/2007, 06:37 PM
Supposedly it's related to the housing loans, particularly the "subprime" variety. The worse news is that it is causing property values to plummet.
Bad time to sell.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=2950599&Business=true

By TIM PARADIS AP Business Writer

NEW YORK Mar 14, 2007 (AP)— Wall Street turned mixed Wednesday, seeking direction a day after concerns about faltering subprime mortgage lenders sparked a broad selloff in stocks. The Dow Jones industrials briefly fell below the psychological 12,000 barrier for the first time since Nov. 6.

The Dow first traded above the 12,000 mark in October.

The market showed its continuing nervousness about soured loans among subprime lenders. H&R Block Inc. added to the uneasiness by announcing after the closing bell Tuesday its fiscal third-quarter losses would rise because of a $29 million writedown at its mortgage arm.

The anxiety over mortgage lenders, particularly the subprime lenders that make loans to people with poor credit, pushed the Dow down by more than 240 points Tuesday, its second-biggest drop in nearly four years. The pullback echoed a 416-point drop in the Dow seen two weeks ago that began in part after a nearly 9 percent drop in stocks in Shanghai and amid concerns about subprime mortgages.

"The market just can't get out of its own way right now. We traded down below 12,000, which is a psychological level and I think that is a pretty good move down," said Todd Leone, managing director of equity trading at Cowen & Co. "I still think it's a healthy correction but the question is when do we stop?"
And on and on and on... (several pages worth)...

whatsername
3/14/2007, 06:48 PM
Lucias Clay was a greedy old man
And that's all there ever was to it.

tbl
3/14/2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks to all the idiots that bought houses they couldn't afford... Those of us that actually live within our means really appreciate you helping to screw up our retirement savings...