PDA

View Full Version : Aquatics center

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:22 PM
So I read in the OU paper this morning that OU has plans to add a lazy river, leisure pool and a 50 m pool on the north and east side of the huffman. Thoughts?

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 12:27 PM
What. Ever.

SoonerStormchaser
3/14/2007, 12:29 PM
So that's where all my exhorbitant out of state tuition went to.

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:31 PM
I am SO glad I'm done in May. They want to add an additional $3 per credit hour if the students approve the fee increase. Students pay so much freakin money in fees at this school. OUT.

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 12:33 PM
I am SO glad I'm done in May. They want to add an additional $3 per credit hour if the students approve the fee increase. Parents of ungrateful students pay so much freakin money in fees at this school. OUT.

Fixed. And you make it sound like OU is the only place students are charged fees on their tuition.

crawfish
3/14/2007, 12:35 PM
Fixed. And you make it sound like OU is the only place students are charged fees on their tuition.

OU invented fees. And cheating.

</osu guy>

SoonerStormchaser
Dean, have you SEEN just how many fees are thrown onto our tuition bills? And actually, my parents and I split the costs, thank you very much ;)

yermom
that sounds like a lot for something we don't really need...

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 12:36 PM
Dean, have you SEEN just how many fees are thrown onto our tuition bills? And actually, my parents and I split the costs, thank you very much ;)

Dude, I have an advanced degree from this fine institution. Quit your ****ing whining and ante up. Or go to Stoolwater Tech.

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:37 PM
I should have put "I pay so much in fees" I understand that fees are apart of the game. Just seems out of control at times. Every time I turn around Boren is increasing something.

Any who.................

FaninAma
3/14/2007, 12:38 PM
They should just put up a few more parking meters to raise revenue.

SoonerStormchaser
Every time I turn around Boren is increasing something.

Any who.................

That's my main complaint.

yermom

or hire more Parking NAZIs

C&CDean
3/14/2007, 12:40 PM
I'm damned glad Boren has upped the fees. OU was a complete and utter ****hole that was falling apart at the seams when Boren checked in. I don't care if he is a democrap and a fag, he's done wonders for this campus. It's unrecognizable from the late 80's, early 90's campus. I'm actually proud now to bring friends and relatives around campus. It doesn't look like the ghetto anymore.

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:44 PM
Point taken. I have heard from those that went here in the late 80s that the union was no place to hang out at.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/14/2007, 12:46 PM
Is it going to have an Olympic sized pool? If I were a student there I would vote no unless an indoor/outdoor pool was in the works.

Jimminy Crimson
3/14/2007, 12:50 PM
Is it going to have an Olympic sized pool? If I were a student there I would vote no unless an indoor/outdoor pool was in the works.

We need a competition worthy aquatics center. Something that could be used if OU ever decided to compete in swimming/diving. I thought that was originally part of the proposal...

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/14/2007, 12:56 PM
We need a competition worthy aquatics center. Something that could be used if OU ever decided to compete in swimming/diving. I thought that was originally part of the proposal...The one at OC3 is first class. I love that pool. It's big enough to have a lot of different things going on at one time and they hold competitive events there. It's the pool where they held the Olympic Festival in 89.

I would think to have a pool of a similar caliber would be a good thing.

SicEmBaylor
3/14/2007, 12:59 PM
If OU got a 50m pool then I might consider transferring.

IB4OU2
3/14/2007, 01:00 PM
Is that the pool that the yellow water follows Howzit all around everywhere?

SoonerStormchaser
3/14/2007, 01:01 PM
If OU got a 50m pool then I might consider transferring.

So you can stare at all the hawties behind the fence? :texan:

Jimminy Crimson
3/14/2007, 01:08 PM
The one at OC3 is first class. I love that pool. It's big enough to have a lot of different things going on at one time and they hold competitive events there. It's the pool where they held the Olympic Festival in 89.

I would think to have a pool of a similar caliber would be a good thing.

It was first class for its time. Don't get me wrong, it's still nice (best competition facility in the state, that I know of), but OU should have something better than that.

OK89. Good times. I went to a lot of those events. :cool:

SicEmBaylor
3/14/2007, 01:11 PM
So you can stare at all the hawties behind the fence? :texan:

Not quite. I miss my workouts.

tommieharris91
3/14/2007, 02:29 PM
So I read in the OU paper this morning that OU has plans to add a lazy river, leisure pool and a 50 m pool on the north and east side of the huffman. Thoughts?

That's what's going on? I do think we need this. I do think students and people will use this. Many citizens of Norman use the pool right now. OU is looking to add a woman's sports athletic program for Title IV compliance (or something like that.) All of these can happen with this pool.

BTW, I work at the pool. I'm kinda biased.

tommieharris91
3/14/2007, 02:30 PM

They already have enough parking nazi meter maids writin tickets.

EDIT: thanks, yermom.

yermom
3/14/2007, 02:56 PM
the thing in the paper did say something about costing some parking spaces as well

parking over there was already hell when i lived in the dorms

LilSooner
3/14/2007, 04:10 PM
i dont understand why they just dont build parking garages. BUILD UP NOT OUT!

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 04:11 PM
You and me both.

GottaHavePride
3/14/2007, 04:33 PM
Lazy river? Pfff. How about some full Olympic sized lap and diving pools?

Petro-Sooner
3/14/2007, 04:34 PM
I think that may be apart of the deal. Not quite sure.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/14/2007, 04:57 PM
Lazy river? Pfff. How about some full Olympic sized lap and diving pools?Yeah I'm not sure what value a Lazy River would have unless it had a swim up bar.

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2007, 12:13 AM
We've got a lazy river and water slide and such. Not sure if anyone ever uses it.

yermom
3/15/2007, 12:17 AM
i dont understand why they just dont build parking garages. BUILD UP NOT OUT!

the only thing i have heard about that is that it's not attractive

yermom
3/15/2007, 12:18 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what value a Lazy River would have unless it had a swim up bar.

NOW you're talking :D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/15/2007, 12:27 AM
I heard the river was going to spell out the word "BOOMER" in cursive.

SicEmBaylor
3/15/2007, 12:35 AM
the only thing i have heard about that is that it's not attractive

Are you kidding me? You can make them attractive with the right amount of money. Have you seen our newest parking garage? It has no fewer than 4 steeples, a chilis, a starbucks, and a chapel. And you're telling me that a parking garage can't be attractive!?

http://www.baylor.edu/content/imglib/10616.jpg

Yes folks......that is a parking garage.

Seriously, we build up not down as far as parking spaces are concerned. But we brick the outside and most of our parking garages also include office space or restaurants and such. They blend in with the rest of the campus just fine. There's no reason not to build a garage.

Fraggle145
3/15/2007, 01:17 AM
Just for the record, (unfortunately I couldnt find a picture of the proposed aquatics facility) if you looked in the school paper today there is a 50m pool that is proposed as well as a separate olympic diving facility. the outside pool includes a general pool, lazy river and a lap pool and will be open to the public as well as private. To host events (and this depends on the event) you have to have certain seating requirements and I think for the highest level of competition this is 1,500 seats for a USA regional event. it is all in the below video.

here is the link to the vid and the feasibility study info

http://www.chh20.com/ou/

If we are going to build it it might as well be top of the line for both public and private. The ****ty pool we have now is an embarassment.

soonerboomer93
3/15/2007, 01:46 AM
I should have put "I pay so much in fees" I understand that fees are apart of the game. Just seems out of control at times. Every time I turn around Boren is increasing something.

Any who.................

um, that's kinda life in general, gas goes up a bit at the pumps, electricity rates go up, food prices go up, clothing prices go up

Fraggle145
3/15/2007, 02:29 AM
um, that's kinda life in general, gas goes up a bit at the pumps, electricity rates go up, food prices go up, clothing prices go up

Here's where it screws you though if you are a grad student like me... tuition doesnt go up
our tuition is the ___ lowest evar!... however, the fees keep going up. In OK they give you a tuition waiver, but not a fee waiver. $800 in fees for 6-7 hours of courses is a little ridiculous.

Howzit
3/15/2007, 11:21 AM
Is that the pool that the yellow water follows Howzit all around everywhere?

That's the pool you ate the Baby Ruth at...

IB4OU2
3/15/2007, 11:26 AM
That's the pool you ate the Baby Ruth at...

I only ate half of it. :D

Howzit
3/15/2007, 11:32 AM
:les: DOOOODY!!!!!

Pfunk
3/15/2007, 12:30 PM
http://www.watsoncrombie.com/fake_news/news_briefs_6-12-06/kiddie_pool_poop.jpg