PDA

View Full Version : DST Patches

Mjcpr
3/14/2007, 09:55 AM
Is there a Windows patch/update to change the DST criteria that anyone has used successfully? We have some workstations that are keeping the correct time and some that aren't so I thought might start searching for an update.

jk the sooner fan
3/14/2007, 09:57 AM
i "tried" to d/l the patch and it said that i couldnt because it had already done it successfully......which i took to mean that my automatic update did it

but sunday morning when i got up, the time hadnt changed

colleyvillesooner
3/14/2007, 10:04 AM
Our's is all fould up to. All my outlook appointments and meetings are now off an hour.

It is funny watching some random person walk into a meeting an hour late due to a late pop up. :D

Mjcpr
3/14/2007, 10:10 AM
Hmmm....it seems like that would be easy to fix since they already have a workng DST update; just change the criteria.

Sheesh, software work is easy. :D

Widescreen
3/14/2007, 10:16 AM
Our awesome IT group come up with a great solution. Everyone had to cancel all outlook meetings and resend them. :rolleyes:

slickdawg
3/14/2007, 10:25 AM
:les: This is all George Bush's fault.

Mjcpr
3/14/2007, 10:27 AM
Our awesome IT group come up with a great solution. Everyone had to cancel all outlook meetings and resend them. :rolleyes:

It looks like there is an update to Outlook on the MS website but it involves messing with the registry and that probably isn't a good idea for us amateurs.

yermom
3/14/2007, 12:42 PM
there was a lot of updating and gnashing of teeth by our Exchange guys, but it all seemed to update fine. they had to do something to all of the accounts and to the server, i think

my Windows boxes all updated no problem, i only had a problem with a couple of Linux boxes

TopDaugIn2000
3/14/2007, 01:04 PM
our office released their own, but it did screw up outlook appointments anyway.