PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Brackets

Osce0la
3/14/2007, 09:25 AM
You always hear these stories about people having these great brackets and then it comes out that their wife/4 year old daughter/dog/unborn child made their picks for them. So I figured ESPN gives you up to 5 brackets, I'll let my wife fill out one of my brackets. We sit down last night and I told her "I'll call out the teams and you give me the winner". Here's how it ends up...

Me - "Florida and Jackson State"
Wife - no hesitation whatsoever "Jackson State"
Me - "I may change that one when I put these in"
Wife - "Why?"
Me - "Because a 16 seed has NEVER beaten a 1 seed"
Wife - "so..."

We proceed with the rest of the first round games (still leaving Jackson State over Florida) and we get to (2) Wisconsin vs. (15) Texas A&M-Corpus Christi...You guessed it, she picks aTm-CC. Ok, well - (2) Georgetown vs. (15) Belmont, she picks Belmont. (15) North Texas vs. (2) Memphis, who woulda thought - she picked North Texas. Three 15 seeds and one 1 seed picked to LOSE in the first round...

Her final four:
Butler/Holy Cross
Marquette/Louisville

Her finals:
Marquette over Holy Cross 84-77

:O

Not sure how well this one will work out. But if the first round does go the way she picked it we would be pretty much set. There can't be too many people out there that have that many upsets in the first round...:D

TheHumanAlphabet
3/14/2007, 10:13 AM
What is she, feeling the pain and all about the underdog?

Osce0la
3/14/2007, 10:24 AM
I laughed the entire time I was entering that bracket on ESPN's site :D

All we need is the first round to go her way and she'd be set to have a hell of a bracket...But until that happens that bracket is just, well...hell.