PDA

View Full Version : Redd Foxx wins,uh make that Red Foxes

stoopified
3/13/2007, 11:42 PM
The season officially ended in the toilet,I mean GIA for the Cowboys tonite.They were taken down by the mighty Marist Red Foxes.The other thing I noticed is that once again the myth of the Neon Orange crazies in GIA was exposed.The last couple of years I had noticed that the upper section is sprsly populated and this game that was also true.Likewise the middle section appeared to be half full and even the lower section was only two thirds full.Seems that the aggs can support only top flight,NCAA elite teams and not average teams like they have had the last couple of years.Somebody,I think it was me said that the myth of great Cowboy basketball fans was a house of cards that would fall after THE DRUNK retired.Just call me a prophet.Yes I greatly detest Cowboys,Horns and ALL things ORANGE.

LittleWingSooner
3/13/2007, 11:50 PM
The best home court advantage ever and they lost to Marist?

Big Red Ron
3/14/2007, 12:12 AM
Wow, I didn't even know they played tonight. They were talking about having a guaranteed second home game. Guess not!

http://web.tiscali.it/fabioracco2/images/Whois16.gif

Ardmore_Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:23 AM
I was gonna call some friends up to make fun, but soon realized that we didn't make the tourny. But still, Marist?

Octavian
3/14/2007, 12:33 AM
An instant classic thread from the GoPokes.com earlier tonight....

Marist Visitors, Please Read This (http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=181#S=181&F=2336&T=240818)

Visited some of the MAAC forums and the tone of the fans is one of great confidence that Marist will win Tuesday's game over Oklahoma State. Hmmm....

While we Cowboy fans would never be so rude as to tell you that you can't win, we do think it would be a service to you, the fans of the Red Foxes, to let you know exactly what you're up against. After all, we'd hate to see you miss your next credit card payment because you bought a lot of champaigne to toast a sure victory.

Here are some quick facts for your perusal:

Oklahoma State ’s non-conference RPI is 17th and our strength of schedule is 90th. Marist’s non-conference RPI is 95th and their SOS is 256th.

We were in the Final Four in 2004

In the past ten years, our collective record at home is 130-17. That roughly breaks down to a 13 – 2 average. (Marist is playing on our home court).

Since the 1990-91 season, Oklahoma State has lost a grand total of two home games to non-conference opponents. (Northwestern State in 2005-06 [64 – 68], and Florida Atlantic in 98-99 [83 – 81].

Marist will be a non-conference home game.

Marist’s record against Top 100 teams in the RPI is 1 – 2. Oklahoma State ’s record against the Top 100 is 8 – 8. [Update: As you are the 104th team in the RPI rankings, our record won't change after Tuesday's game]

Oklahoma State has quality wins against Pittsburgh , Texas A&M, Syracuse , Auburn , and Missouri State on neutral courts. We have home court wins over Texas , Texas Tech and Kansas State . We also defeated NCAA tournament team Texas A&M CC at home.

Oklahoma State ’s record this year against Mid-Major conference teams and below is 11 – 0. Marist fits this category.

Oklahoma State ’s record this year is 13 – 1 when they are at full strength.

OSU will be at full strength Tuesday night.

CBS Sporstline ranks Gallagher-Iba arena as the best college basketball arena in the country, ahead of Cameron Indoor and Allen Fieldhouse. It is expected that we will have at least 9,000 screaming, hungry fans at the game, despite the late notice.

Mario Boggan was selected First Team All-Big XII and will be drafted by the NBA this Spring.

JamesOn Curry, while in high school in North Carolina , set the schoolboy scoring record for the state. You may remember a guy named Jordan that was a North Carolina schoolboy.

We here at OSU hope this information will keep you from being too stunned, should the likely result be the eventual result. If pigs should fly and you pull off the BIG upset, you'll enjoy it all the more.

Looking forward to your team's visit. :D

:stunned:

Ardmore_Sooner
3/14/2007, 12:41 AM
That's just a good case of Larrybirdinitis

picasso
3/14/2007, 12:41 AM
that game was a 10-15 pointer for Marist until the final minutes.

Mixer!
3/14/2007, 12:57 AM
I noticed Sutton kept Boggan, Monds, and Dove (until Harris got hurt) on the bench for most of the second half. Oddly enough, that was when they started going on their run. There's some serious disconnect on that team.

oumartin
3/14/2007, 02:16 AM
can't coach kids that can't understand a freakin' word you say.

stoopified
3/14/2007, 09:52 AM
can't coach kids that can't understand a freakin' word you say.Are you implying that Nr. Floppy has a speech impediment?Or that the combined IQ of the team hovers around 100?:DThe funniest thing about all this is how far the Orange Horde has fallen,from 16-1 and TOP 10 to one and done for the second straight year and both times in the NIT,no less.