PDA

View Full Version : Anybody work with statistical modeling of demand for their job?

royalfan5
3/13/2007, 09:08 PM
I'm considering applying for a job with a major seed company which would require me to build and maintain the statistical demand models for seed worldwide. I think I should have a good shot at the job, as the guy that had the job and was promoted to open was a graduate of my program with pretty much the same qualifications I have. I'm just curious if anyone can fill me in on the world of production planning and statistical models as a career. TIA.

Frozen Sooner
3/13/2007, 09:17 PM
Never done it for a job, but took some courses on it. Are you pretty familiar with Crystal Ball software?

royalfan5
3/13/2007, 09:23 PM
Never done it for a job, but took some courses on it. Are you pretty familiar with Crystal Ball software?
They work us on SAS here, and that is what the seed company uses.

tommieharris91
3/13/2007, 09:47 PM
Hmmm... I could probably interpret the models if I saw them, and I know who the right people at OU are for something like that... But making and maintaining them, I don't know...

BTW, I can interpret and maintain those kinds of models, too. Well, maybe not the maintain part, but you know what I mean. ;) :hot: