PDA

View Full Version : Gillette M3 Power Razor

Eddie Money
1/22/2004, 02:59 PM
http://www.webdesk.com/gillette-razors/m3power-gillette-razors.jpg
Gillette today launched M3Power, a revolutionary powered wet shaving system for men. M3 Power -- a MACH3 innovation -- combines breakthrough blade and razor technologies with innovative engineering for a totally new shaving experience that delivers the world's best shave.

M3Power outperforms all men's shaving systems, including MACH3Turbo -- the world's leading razor -- in closeness and comfort, by shaving more hair, closer in one easy power stroke.

The M3 Power razor delivers gentle pulses to the shaving cartridge that stimulate hair upward and away from the skin, making it dramatically easier to shave more thoroughly than ever before. The M3Power razor works synergistically with M3Power's proprietary blades, which incorporate the company's most advanced blade technology, to provide a new level of glide and comfort. The M3Power system operates under 62 patents.

"Building on the tremendous success of the MACH3 franchise, we're powering up the world's best shave and providing a superior shaving experience," said Peter K. Hoffman, president, Blades and Razors, The Gillette Company. "We expect this new system to substantially fuel the value of the blade and razor category, in the same way that MACH3Turbo has driven growth over the past two years."

In addition to its revolutionary powered razor, Gillette M3Power includes other innovations that contribute to a superior shaving performance. The proprietary blades are enhanced by a new coating, called "thin uniform telomer," which provides a perceptible improvement in shaving comfort throughout the life of the blade. Other features include a lubricated strip infused with Vitamin E and Aloe, and a superbly engineered handle with strategically placed gripping surfaces that enable men to shave confidently and safely at any angle. M3Power also is shower-safe, so men can shave wherever they prefer.

Consumer testing among hundreds of men confirms that M3Power is the new gold standard in shaving performance. M3Power was significantly preferred over the current best-performing shaving system, MACH3Turbo, which beat Schick Quattro by a 2-to-1 margin.

"The performance of M3Power is unprecedented," said Mr. Hoffman. "Consumer testing, conducted according to the industry's most rigorous standards, concluded that M3Power is preferred overall and on every one of the 68 shaving attributes that were tested, including closeness, comfort, efficiency, safety and less irritation. M3Power is clearly the world's best shaving system."

Gillette M3Power will be available in North America in May 2004 in food, drug, convenience and mass merchandise stores.

Gillette is the world leader in male grooming, a category that includes blades, razors and shaving preparations.

If the power causes the razor to jerk back and forth, I may be suspicious. But I am definitely going to shell out the 20 bucks or whatever it costs to try it. I thought the Mach 3 Turbo kicked ***.

DCSooner
1/22/2004, 03:11 PM
I can't wait for the 5 blade system. One swift downward motion and you are on your way.

Pricetag
1/22/2004, 03:25 PM
If the pricing of this baby follows the trend in disposable razors, 20 bucks won't be the price of the system, it will be the price for one replacement blade.

GottaHavePride
1/22/2004, 05:07 PM
It's actually turning into the fake commerscial Saturday Night Live did for the Gillette Mach 14 razor. [announcer chick]"The seventh blade may leave you permanently disfigured, but the eighth blade will get your shave closer than ever."[/announcer chick]

bri
1/22/2004, 05:10 PM
I just don't trust anyone who'd try to sell me something by using the phrase "power stroke".

BlondeSoonerGirl
1/22/2004, 05:45 PM
Rhino's head will never see hair again.

Oldnslo
1/22/2004, 10:00 PM
I tried the Mach 3 and the Turbo version thereof.

Then, I got on a spree, wildly sampling just about every damn razor system on God's Green Earth (in this case, roughly defined as Reasor's HBA aisle).

My results? I'm right back to the Sensor Excell that I started with.

The only thing worse than shaving is the wonderful itching and ingrown hair a beard provides.

BeetDigger
3/2/2006, 01:54 PM
I can't wait for the 5 blade system. One swift downward motion and you are on your way.

And so, it has come to pass. Five blades and a sixth to boot.

This thread should fit in well with the bush trimming thread regarding Crepe Myrtles.

SoonerInKCMO
3/2/2006, 02:02 PM
62 patents for a ****ing razor?!

critical_phil
3/2/2006, 02:08 PM
yet another occasion to post this:

http://www.theonion.com/content/themes/onion/assets/logos/onion_small.gif
F*ck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades

February 18, 2004 | Issue 40•07 (http://www.theonion.com/content/index/4007)

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the ****ing vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, **** it. We're going to five blades.
Sure, we could go to four blades next, like the competition. That seems like the logical thing to do. After all, three worked out pretty well, and four is the next number after three. So let's play it safe. Let's make a thicker aloe strip and call it the Mach3SuperTurbo. Why innovate when we can follow? Oh, I know why: Because we're a business, that's why!
You think it's crazy? It is crazy. But I don't give a ****. From now on, we're the ones who have the edge in the multi-blade game. Are they the best a man can get? ****, no. Gillette is the best a man can get.
What part of this don't you understand? If two blades is good, and three blades is better, obviously five blades would make us the best ****ing razor that ever existed. Comprende? We didn't claw our way to the top of the razor game by clinging to the two-blade industry standard. We got here by taking chances. Well, five blades is the biggest chance of all.
Here's the report from Engineering. Someone put it in the bathroom: I want to wipe my *** with it. They don't tell me what to invent—I tell them. And I'm telling them to stick two more blades in there. I don't care how. Make the blades so thin they're invisible. Put some on the handle. I don't care if they have to cram the fifth blade in perpendicular to the other four, just do it!
You're taking the "safety" part of "safety razor" too literally, grandma. Cut the strings and soar. Let's hit it. Let's roll. This is our chance to make razor history. Let's dream big. All you have to do is say that five blades can happen, and it will happen. If you aren't on board, then **** you. And if you're on the board, then **** you and your father. Hey, if I'm the only one who'll take risks, I'm sure as hell happy to hog all the glory when the five-blade razor becomes the shaving tool for the U.S. of "this is how we shave now" A.
People said we couldn't go to three. It'll cost a fortune to manufacture, they said. Well, we did it. Now some egghead in a lab is screaming "Five's crazy?" Well, perhaps he'd be more comfortable in the labs at Norelco, working on ****ing electrics. Rotary blades, my white ***!
Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe we should just ride in Bic's wake and make pens. Ha! Not on your ****ing life! The day I shadow a penny-ante outfit like Bic is the day I leave the razor game for good, and that won't happen until the day I die!
The market? Listen, we make the market. All we have to do is put her out there with a little jingle. It's as easy as, "Hey, shaving with anything less than five blades is like scraping your beard off with a dull hatchet." Or "You'll be so smooth, I could snort lines off of your chin." Try "Your neck is going to be so friggin' soft, someone's gonna walk up and tie a goddamn Cub Scout kerchief under it."
I know what you're thinking now: What'll people say? Mew mew mew. Oh, no, what will people say?! Grow the **** up. When you're on top, people talk. That's the price you pay for being on top. Which Gillette is, always has been, and forever shall be, Amen, five blades, sweet Jesus in heaven.
Stop. I just had a stroke of genius. Are you ready? Open your mouth, baby birds, cause Mama's about to drop you one sweet, fat nightcrawler. Here she comes: Put another aloe strip on that ****er, too. That's right. Five blades, two strips, and make the second one lather. You heard me—the second strip lathers. It's a whole new way to think about shaving. Don't question it. Don't say a word. Just key the music, and call the chorus girls, because we're on the edge—the razor's edge—and I feel like dancing.