PDA

View Full Version : Steve Kragthorpe was at Practice today...

goingoneight
3/12/2007, 11:51 PM
There's a little video interview of him talking about his tremendous respect for Stoops! :D

www.soonersports.com

Let me just say, Louisville just became my second favortie team. That guy was really cool when he came to the Talons games last year. You can just sense the greatness being around him like with Stoops and Switzer.

OU-HSV
3/13/2007, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I saw that vid clip too. Kragthorpe has always seemed like a cool dude. And a great coach. I'm sure Stoops has nothing but respect for him as well.

goingoneight
3/14/2007, 01:35 AM
To Coach Kragthorpe (clink)!!!

stoopified
3/14/2007, 11:07 AM
What exactly was he doing there?Looking for asisstant coaches,co-ordinators?Sniffing around for transfers?Anything?Anyone?

OU-HSV
3/14/2007, 07:09 PM
What exactly was he doing there?Looking for asisstant coaches,co-ordinators?Sniffing around for transfers?Anything?Anyone?
I'm not quite sure actually. I was curious as well, and I figured he'd be working on Spring practice for his squad. I guess he was just in Oklahoma for a visit and wanted to drop in and say hi to Stoops?

Rogue
3/14/2007, 07:19 PM
His Daddy worked for my uncle at Idaho State (Go Bengals) and he went to my HS.

goingoneight
3/14/2007, 09:51 PM
He is probably still interested in someone for Lousiville that he was recruiting at Tulsa here in OK. No biggie, Lousiville isn't half the program Oklahoma is... no one's going anywhere on the coaching staff.

47straight
3/20/2007, 10:10 PM
F Louisville.

snp
3/21/2007, 09:57 AM

It's not uncommon at all for coaches within different conferences to do something like this. We sent several of our coaches to Arizona a few weeks ago. Nebraska and Auburn worked with each other this off season as well. Auburn broke down why they won and Nebraska gave some inside information on Kansas State, who plays AU this year.

Think of it like studying abroad.

goingoneight
3/21/2007, 09:35 PM
It's not uncommon at all for coaches within different conferences to do something like this. We sent several of our coaches to Arizona a few weeks ago. Nebraska and Auburn worked with each other this off season as well. Auburn broke down why they won and Nebraska gave some inside information on Kansas State, who plays AU this year.

Think of it like studying abroad.

That's news to me... never heard of that before. Cool idea, just shows you there's really not as much hatred as people think there is between programs and conferences. Kinda like when Mack Brown and Bob Stoops both admitted to being friends outside of the RRR.

JohnnyMack
3/21/2007, 09:39 PM
SK is all class.

goingoneight
3/22/2007, 12:38 AM
I met Krag a couple of times working with the Talons. He is very much involved with local charities wherever he goes, and is a very friendly "player's coach" kind of guy. I hate to see Tulsa lose him, but there will always be only one football team in Oklahoma, and unfortunately, Krag didn't land there. He really seemed to like Tulsa, and he's been soem pretty interesting places in his career, but Tulsa just didn't really seem to care no matter how good they got under SK. I wish him well, and there is now ONE team in the Big Least I have respect for. :)

Jdog
3/22/2007, 05:33 PM
Switzer did it back in the day. Years ago I saw Charlie North at the old Denver Airport. He said that he had visited Air Force to talk about blocking for the Wishbone.

EstablishedSooner1967
3/25/2007, 09:46 AM
There are a lot of coaches that go to other schools and watch and evaluate how things are done its no big deal... I guess there could be an underlying thing looking around and making contacts for assistants but in general coaches learn from other coaches.