PDA

View Full Version : I was dangerously close to supporting something aggy

Boarder
3/12/2007, 11:12 PM
http://www.remembertheten.com/index.htm

You know I have a disdain for everything aggy, but I actually seriously considered doing that run. I'll probably do the Miracle Run at the OUHSC instead but that's a nice cause.

Already been 6 years.

Sooner24
3/12/2007, 11:48 PM
Man it just seems like yesterday. :(

IB4OU2
3/13/2007, 08:26 AM
http://www.remembertheten.com/index.htm

You know I have a disdain for everything aggy, but I actually seriously considered doing that run. I'll probably do the Miracle Run at the OUHSC instead but that's a nice cause.

Already been 6 years.

I think that would have been a wonderful gesture SB. Wear your Sooner gear and show your support for those wonderful men that lost their lives. We are all Okies whether we wear crimson or orange.....it's just a game.
I would do it if I could run.

Boarder
3/13/2007, 08:35 AM
It's really more of the getting up to drive up to stillwater in the morning thing. I may do it anyway.

C&CDean
3/13/2007, 08:58 AM
I'd run in it, but only with one of the Stunned Aggy t-shirts on.

Taxman71
3/13/2007, 10:15 AM
That's too close to the OKC Marathon. Good cause though.

Boarder
3/13/2007, 11:21 AM
It's just a 5K or 10K. That's not even a full workout for the Marathon. You'd have to run extra afterward.

Taxman71
3/13/2007, 11:32 AM
Yes, but that's smack dab in the middle of the taper and I know (being in Stillwater) I would feel the urge to race it and end up blowing up my IT band or something.

Phil
3/13/2007, 11:47 AM
I think that would have been a wonderful gesture SB. Wear your Sooner gear and show your support for those wonderful men that lost their lives. We are all Okies whether we wear crimson or orange.....it's just a game.
I would do it if I could run.

The only game I have ever been to at GIA was their first game after the plane crash (against Missouri). I went with full Sooner gear on, with a memorial ribbon. Nobody said a word to me all night, which I counted as a very warm reception up there.

IB4OU2
3/13/2007, 12:14 PM
The only game I have ever been to at GIA was their first game after the plane crash (against Missouri). I went with full Sooner gear on, with a memorial ribbon. Nobody said a word to me all night, which I counted as a very warm reception up there.

Phil, I had remember the 10 next to my OU bumper sticker driving around Stillwater for a while on my Jeep and never heard a negative word from anyone.