PDA

View Full Version : St. Patricks Day

StoopTroup
3/12/2007, 04:09 PM
ARE YOU PREPARED? :D

http://www.fireworks.com/images/wallpaper/st-patricks-day.jpg

Then prepare yourself....

NSFW (http://www.drinkoftheweek.com/blogs/uploaded_images/StPat2006-796432.jpg)

rufnek05
3/12/2007, 04:11 PM
yep, got my green beer in the frig

yermom
3/12/2007, 04:12 PM
i'm working :eek: :mad:

Boomer.....
3/12/2007, 04:21 PM
i'm working :eek: :mad:
On Saturday? Poor thing.

I'll have about 10 for you. :)

StoopTroup
3/12/2007, 04:22 PM
I'm having corned beef and cabbage at least twice this week.

the_ouskull
3/12/2007, 05:06 PM
Prepared? Hmmm... I've already got my sleeping bags ready to camp out in front of O'Connell's. I'm staying exactly 100 steps from there. I've already sent literally 100 texts to make certain of who my 4 am crew is going to be, as well as who is showing up after the 7 am open. I'm only saving enough room (tables) for the pre-7 am crew, which should be 4 or 5, plus 5 who have already confirmed to me that they're showing up a little later. Anybody else can stand or beg.

I've already informed my credit card company to inform them that there may be a number of charges, and not to assume my credit card was stolen. In addition, just to be safe (it always depends on the waitress) I'm going to make sure to have enough cash on me to survive the first time I break from the table, which will be at around noon or one to poop. If I need cash again at that point, I'll go to the ATM at Stoner Superette and use their "facility," buying my own toliet paper if necessary.

If, at any point, I start getting excessively tired, then I have a couple of options. 1) A prescription weight-loss pill, for which I HAVE a prescription. 2) Walk the aforementioned 100 steps to take a brief nap. I'll be going in and out of the employee door, so the lines won't be an issue. However, since I've already planned to pull an all-nighter on Thursday, then go to bed at about 7 pm on Friday, just so that, after eight hours of sleep, it's 3 am and then I get ready and go and get in line.

Yeah, I'd say that I've got it all scoped out...

Well, other than the fact that I haven't "partied" since football season, and haven't even so much as cracked a beer in over a month. It's been that long since I've had a carbonated beverage even. So, I may be a bit "out of practice," and coughing up my prime real estate to some young-un's a little earlier than I'd care to.

Other than that, I've scoped things out pretty well, I think. I think that my will will give out before my body (as in physically tired, not physically drunken) does. I'm 33. I can live with that. But there's NO way that I'm missing what might very well be the last St Pat's Day EVER at O'Connell's. My conscience and my liver would never forgive me.

the_ouskull

soonerboomer93
3/12/2007, 07:43 PM
you basically are summing up every saturday night for me here skull :D

only if you change that to the fact that there are no blue laws, so the bars close when the last drunk stumbles on home

LoyalFan
3/12/2007, 09:40 PM
My usual "observance" consists of donning an orange (non-burnt) blazer with the British Union Jack embroidered on the pocket and dropping by several ST.P's festivities. I carry some orange food coloring for my beer as well.
My toast? "Here's to the Battle of The Boyne!"
Take that, boyo! (You too, girlo!)

LF
Always on the winning side.

Fraggle145
3/12/2007, 09:49 PM
Damn, I need privvy to some of that employee door action... those lines are a biznatch... I'll be there early in the morn.... Let me know where to look and I'll look for ya.

My grandpa will be smilin' down on me, he was from the old country. gave me my 1st drink of beer when I was a wee babe.

tommieharris91
3/13/2007, 01:13 AM
I made my $350 at Riverwind last weekend, just enough to get my buy-in for this weekend's big $25,000 poker tournament there. Ohh, and supposedly they will finally be serving alchiehol there. :)

def_lazer_fc
3/13/2007, 02:16 AM
st. patty's day is my birthday, so it's just an extra excuse to get drunk. plus, if you play pretend, you can imagine that everybody else in town if celebrating your birthday too.:D

Boarder
3/13/2007, 08:42 AM
I'm totally ready. My official start time is 10am. This day I actually let the kids get involved, although it's about an hour after I start. Mrs SB is going to drive them up to meet me. Should be a fun time!

http://www.stpaddysrace.com/

C&CDean
3/13/2007, 09:06 AM
I ain't Irish. I don't need no stinkin' Irish saint to tell me when I need to get ****faced. I don't even like the color green, and haven't drank green beer since I was about 25 or so.

That being said, I'm an absolute sucker for Irish bars. Every town I go to I try to find that little hole-in-the-wall Irish joint that serves bangers and mash, shepherd's pie, and yes, even haggis. I'm entertained by the Irish culture. One of my goals in life is to go to Ireland and do a pub tour.

That being said, the only thing Irish about O'Connell's is the name. I shant be missing it.

SoonerStormchaser
3/13/2007, 09:20 AM
We'll take the ******s and the *****s, BUT WE DON'T WANT THE IRISH!

:pop: