PDA

View Full Version : Army Surgeon General to retire

jk the sooner fan
3/12/2007, 01:09 PM
LTG Kevin Kiley - the Army Surgeon General has submitted his retirement request to the Pentagon in the wake of the Walter Reed "scandal"

Kiley was the commanding general at Fort Sam when I worked there......i've had tons of contact with him and he's one of the finest flag officers I ever met

sorry to see him in the middle of this

SoonerStormchaser
3/12/2007, 01:16 PM
Lemme give you my look of surprise:
:stunned:

jk the sooner fan
3/12/2007, 01:17 PM
yeah you had to figure it was coming

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 01:23 PM
This is the very best part of being a member of the KMA club. Any time the **** hits the fan you go "well, bring me my papers, I'm riding off into the sunset."

5 years, 4 months, 24 days, 3.5 hours left for me. But hey, who's counting?

BajaOklahoma
3/12/2007, 05:13 PM
I did part of my nurse's training at the VA in OKC, many years ago.
The care was less than stellar then, though they were doing some renovation at the time.
It takes money to upgrade and people weren't willing to fund it.
People = both poitical parties

Okla-homey
3/12/2007, 07:22 PM
This is the very best part of being a member of the KMA club. Any time the **** hits the fan you go "well, bring me my papers, I'm riding off into the sunset."

5 years, 4 months, 24 days, 3.5 hours left for me. But hey, who's counting?

At this point, I wish to point out that if you had stayed in the mother loving airborne infantry you coulda retired a long time ago.:D

Okla-homey
3/12/2007, 07:30 PM
I only have one thing to say about all this. I always got great care, and so did my troops. I personally saw to it my people got the care they deserved.

This thing is harder to manage because the leaders can't make their presence known in stateside facilities because they're still deployed. I think the system they're standing up in which convalescing troops will be under the command of no-kiddin' combat arms officers and senior NCO's who have been "in the sh*t" will help immensely. Those guys know how to lead and take care of troops and every one of these "green tab" guys have at least one successful combat command under their belts.

The military makes mistakes, but the modern military is populated by bright, motivated and dedicated people who will learn from the mistakes made at WRAMC and fix the problem. You can count on it.

One last observation. All the folks who want nationalized healthcare need to pay real close attention. If we get nationalized healthcare, regular people won't have the option of an advocate in their corner going to bat for them against an overworked and underpaid healthcare system. Instead, it will make this look like an episode of "House" by comparison.

usmc-sooner
3/12/2007, 07:31 PM
I only have one thing to say about all this. I always got great care, and so did my troops. I personally saw to it my people got the care they deserved.

This thing is harder to manage because the leaders can't make their presence known in stateside facilities because they're still deployed. I think the system they're standing up in which convalescing troops will be under the command of no-kiddin' line officers and senior NCO's who have been "in the sh*t" will help immensely. Those guys know how to lead and take care of troops and every one of these green tabbed guys have at least one successful combat command under their belts.

The military makes mistakes, but the modern military is populated by bright, motivated and dedicated people who will learn from the mistakes made at WRAMC and fix the problem. You can count on it.

One last observation. All the folks who want nationalized healthcare need to pay real close attention. If we get nationalized healthcare, regular people won't have the option of an advocate in their corner going to bat for them against an overworked and underpaid healthcare system. Instead, it will make this look like an episode of "House" by comparison.

truer words have never been spoken

olevetonahill
3/12/2007, 07:48 PM
As a long term Patient of the VA medical system . I can say ITS great NOW . a few yrs ago I was paying my own way , cause it was so Nasty
It took forever to even get checked by a nurse and even longer to see a doc .
I remember in the early 90s like 91 or so . I went to the VARMC in skogge , Was having chest pains , Sat there for 3 Freaking hrs , Finaly said FTS , Got up told the Gal running the window that I was gone . She said" But we are about to call you " I said Good Maybe one of these others can get in a little faster .
Since then Its like the whole attidude has changed , Ive not had to wait More than 15 minutes, They Seem to really care and the facities are Nice .
Back in the day they were just Over worked and Under paid .
My hats OFF to all the VARMC employes .