1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 12:58 PM
Oklahoma makes the best.

Halliburton- Duncan, OK - service
Samedan Oil - Ardmore, OK - E&P
Noble Drilling - Ardmore, OK - drilling
Noble Energy - Ardmore, OK - E&P
*Goober Drilling - Stillwater, OK - drilling

are there any other big boys that I'm not thinking of?

It's sad that they get their starts in OK and then have to leave to make it to the top. Noble Energy still has their accounting(I think) in Ardmore but moved their HQ in 2000.

I think Samedan was the best E&P stock performer last year. It's my favorite Noble company. Lloyd's kids are Sam, Ed, and Ann Noble. Hence Sam-ed-an Oil.

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 12:59 PM
Hello. Goober Drilling.

1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 01:01 PM
yeah but they're in Stillwater, they don't count. ;)

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 01:02 PM
yeah but they're in Stillwater, they don't count. ;)

My neighbor is a toolsetter with them. Strange dude.

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2007, 01:03 PM
Devan Energy
Bronco Drilling
Nomac Drilling
Chesapeake Energy

1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 01:06 PM
Doesn't Chesapeake own Nomac?

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2007, 01:07 PM
Hell I don't know. I just go where I'm told & watch movies. :D

1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 01:11 PM
I thought I heard that the other day. I also heard that Halliburton was buying our directional drilling division. I hear a lot of stuff out here. It's like working at a beauty parlor. ;)

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2007, 01:11 PM
or posting on SF. ;)

picasso
3/12/2007, 01:15 PM
Hello. Goober Drilling.
we (me and my bro) know the original owner well. he's from Wynona and his name really is Goober.

they called his old man Peanuts.

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 01:19 PM
or posting on SF. ;)

Or hanging out at your beloved Walhell.

OklahomaTuba
3/12/2007, 01:19 PM
Halliburton is making the move to Dubai I read yesterday.

Don't forget:

Conoco (logo has three OU's in it)
Phillips
Skelly Oil
Gulf (warren)
ARCO
Williams (Gas)
Cities Services (CITGO)

List could go on forever.

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2007, 01:21 PM
Or hanging out at your beloved Walhell.

By God I'm going to shop there 'til I personally bankrupt America. :texan:

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 01:21 PM
By God I'm going to shop there 'til I personally bankrupt America. :texan:

Meh. You're in the oil business. You don't spend enough money to matter.

Xstnlsooner
3/12/2007, 01:29 PM
Chesapeake owns Nomac, that's right. You forgot Prairie Supply! heh

mdklatt
3/12/2007, 02:01 PM
Halliburton - Dubai, UAE

Fixed.

Petro-Sooner
3/12/2007, 02:05 PM
Hey ITC and 68. I had an interview with a company this morning which need someone to be kinda of a go between from the geologists, and drilling engineers in the office and in the field. What can you guys tell me about the directional people on site? Seems I may have to go out on site with them from time to time. I take it they want someone to help keep the directional bit on course.

mdklatt
3/12/2007, 02:07 PM
I had an interview with a company this morning which need someone to be kinda of a go between from the geologists, and drilling engineers in the office and in the field.

I have people skills!

1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 02:07 PM
Fixed.

nope. not even close to being on the same continent. Halliburton was started in Duncan, OK.

Thanks for playing. ;)

1stTimeCaller
3/12/2007, 02:12 PM
Hey ITC and 68. I had an interview with a company this morning which need someone to be kinda of a go between from the geologists, and drilling engineers in the office and in the field. What can you guys tell me about the directional people on site? Seems I may have to go out on site with them from time to time. I take it they want someone to help keep the directional bit on course.

Hmmm. That seems weird but then again I don't know a lot about all of the various positions that companies have. It's the directional driller's job to keep the bit on the correct sourse. They plot every survey we take on their wall plot. The company man does the same to compare plan vs. actual.

Are you going to be a consultant or company man? A little early in a normal career for that but if it is you'll enjoy that $950/day they make.

If you have more info about the job, PM me. It's just not something I'm familiar with with what you've said.

Petro-Sooner
3/12/2007, 02:26 PM
Its a new position they are creating. It was all kinda overwhelming at first. I thought it would be a simple tech job. This would be a higher up position from there. I guess I would be more of a company man. Not really sure what that means though. It was a very fast paced morning with a ton of info given to me. The heads still spinning.

SoonerBorn68
3/12/2007, 02:27 PM

Directional drillers in general are egotestical phallis impersonators. There's plenty of cool ones but the fastest way to get them riled up is tell them how to drill the hole.

Sounds like you're going to be a company man jr. Get some experience. That's a good payin' gig like 1TC said & you'll rotate in & out every two weeks.