PDA

View Full Version : If the writer for the Whorns scout.com page

slickdawg
3/12/2007, 12:52 PM
had his wife and his son-in-law die in seperate car accidents just a few hours apart, and it was tip-off for OU in the semifinals of the Big 12 hoops tournament.........

Would there be a thread here talking about this poor guys suffering ?

Would there be a prayer thread for him?

Osce0la
3/12/2007, 12:54 PM
:confused:

SoonerStormchaser
3/12/2007, 12:54 PM
Yes.

TheHumanAlphabet
3/12/2007, 01:03 PM
Did this happen? I hadn't heard, and why would we hear, unless a subscriber or whorn posted here.

Osce0la
3/12/2007, 01:11 PM
That's what I was thinking. If this did in fact happen just before tip off of the OU game, how would anyone here know unless they said something about it on TV during the OU game?

I'm sure most people on this board were either at the game or watching the game and had no way of knowing about it unless it was mentioned...

Slick, did this actually happen or is this some weird, morbid hypothetical question?

Again - :confused:

OUDoc
3/12/2007, 01:14 PM
This is referring to the Bama accident, I assume.

And, probably. We hate the whorns, but we aren't completely heartless.

slickdawg
3/12/2007, 01:14 PM
It happened on a Mississippi State board, but it was the Alabama writer.

I was curious how folks here would respond.

My opinion is that Mississippi State message board should have Mississippi State stuff on there.

I'm not trying to diminish the tragedy of what heppened to this guy and his family, but I think the bama boards can cover him.

Osce0la
3/12/2007, 01:25 PM
This is the first I've heard of this...You'd think being in Birmingham I would've heard something about this already...When did this happen?

slickdawg
3/12/2007, 01:26 PM
This is the first I've heard of this...You'd think being in Birmingham I would've heard something about this already...When did this happen?

Friday, just before MSU and Kensucky tipped off.

NormanPride
3/12/2007, 01:34 PM
Man, that's terrible... :(

leavingthezoo
3/12/2007, 01:35 PM
well, on the football board there was a post about this. so... if we'd talk about that, then yes, i'm sure we'd acknowledge the tragedy had happened with a texas writer. most of us wouldn't even feel bad about it not being sooner related. :confused:

OKC-SLC
3/12/2007, 02:28 PM
I hate Texas as much as anybody except maybe gdc. But I don't HATE anybody.

So, yes.

slickdawg
3/12/2007, 02:43 PM
My big beef is that they acted all concerned about this, but seeming could care less about the countless other tragedies each and every day.

The poor inner-city kid who has his brother gunned down, well, he doesn't "count".

BajaOklahoma
3/12/2007, 05:24 PM
Slick, I think the tradegy is the way it happened. The writer's s-i-l died in a motorcycle crash and his wife died while rushing to be with her daughter (now a widow) just a short-time later. Two members of his family dead in two hours.
The inner-city kid also has my sympathy, but the parent(s) who put them in the environment, not so much.

JohnnyMack
3/12/2007, 05:26 PM
My big problem with this thread is the assumption that we could make the semi-finals of the Big XII tournament.

Gandalf_The_Grey
3/12/2007, 05:31 PM
The thing with it is that we all consider ourselves attached to these message boards and our sports programs. So we put ourselves in that same situation and we would behave about the same...Someone would post something about it and everyone would say stuff like Prayers with their familes and what not. It is just a matter of either showing empathy or sympathy to the plight of another human. I dont wish anything horrible on anyone besides child rapist, child abusers, and Osama Bin Laden