PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State left out of NCAA

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:31 PM
Wow, I thought fo sho they were in.

I think that makes it almost impossible for OU to make it to the NIT.

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:36 PM
it isn't done yet.

did they say KSU was out?

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:37 PM
it isn't done yet.

did they say KSU was out?They said they were very surprized that KSU was left out.

You think they were talking about a region instead of the Tournament?

NorthernIowaSooner
3/11/2007, 05:37 PM
they didnt make it but for some reason 18-12 stanford does while losing 4 of their last 5, KState and syracuse deserved it more then they did

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:38 PM
I haven't been watching the whole thing.

I think they should have made it.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:40 PM
They did deserve it. I think moreso that Texas Tech. Perhaps, they hated on Huggy Bear?

SoonerShark
3/11/2007, 05:40 PM
K-State was higher in the conference and beat TTech during the Big XII tourney. Once again, somebody is licking Bobby Knight's hiney or dangling things thereon or thereby.

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 05:44 PM
Did KSU beat anyone of note out of conference? I know they got kicked around by some poor teams early.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:45 PM
I think the Big XII was way under rated this season. Most of that probably stems from two of the premier programs being down (OU/OSU) but dang!

4th place in the Big XII and 20 wins should always make it.

King Crimson
3/11/2007, 05:47 PM
Did KSU beat anyone of note out of conference? I know they got kicked around by some poor teams early.

they won at Texas and beat #5 seed USC earlier in the year.

RPI was a detriment....was still around 55-60. 7 of their conference wins were against teams with 100+ rpi, and only 1-5 against teams with rpi 1-50.. Stanford, Illinois, and Purdue all deserved to get in more than KSU.

tommieharris91
3/11/2007, 05:48 PM
K-State's best win: SoCal. Not much else. But, if you compare Stanford's resume with KSU's, it's not question Kansas State is better. :pop:

King Crimson
20 wins is a cosmetic number, doesn't really mean much anymore.

Big Red Ron
they won at Texas and beat #5 seed USC earlier in the year.

RPI was a detriment....was still around 55-60. 7 of their conference wins were against teams with 100+ rpi, and only 1-5 against teams with rpi 1-50.. Stanford, Illinois, and Purdue all deserved to get in more than KSU.Texas Tech and Arkansaw have no business getting in ahead of KSU.

King Crimson
3/11/2007, 05:50 PM
Texas Tech and Arkansaw have no business getting in ahead of KSU.

no way they were going to leave out Knight especially *this year*. Tech got in 3-4 years ago when Colorado clearly deserved it more.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:51 PM
20 wins is a cosmetic number, doesn't really mean much anymore.alone it is but finishing 4th with 20 wins and 10 conference wins is a combination of accomplishments that has never been left out of the NCAA until today.

colleyvillesooner
3/11/2007, 05:52 PM
I think K-State's SOS was in the 200's.

King Crimson
3/11/2007, 05:53 PM
Packer is talking about Tech-KSU right now....

boomersooner82
3/11/2007, 05:53 PM
Screw job. No respect for the Big 12. It was a down year for the conference, but no worse than the top heavy Big Eleven. How K-State was passed by the likes of Illinois, Purude and Mich St. (7-9 conference mark) I don't get.

Soonerus
3/11/2007, 05:54 PM
No respect for the Big XII...

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 05:54 PM
4 teams from the Big XII is ridiculous

KStatePike
3/11/2007, 05:57 PM
fire that piece of $hit Kevin Weiberg

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 06:00 PM
fire that piece of $hit Kevin Weibergpitty spek

GrapevineSooner
3/11/2007, 06:07 PM
Umm, a few points folks.

1. Weiberg's a KSU grad.

2. The Big 12 did not have anybody on the selection committee

I'd say blame the screwjob on somebody else. Perhaps yourselves for getting blown out by 30 earlier in the year.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 06:09 PM
I think we should dump the RPI altogether. It's a bogus system.

OKC-SLC
3/11/2007, 06:10 PM
when are the NIT pairings announced? or have they been?

Mixer!
3/11/2007, 06:13 PM
20 wins is a cosmetic number, doesn't really mean much anymore.

The selection guy from Princeton said there were 104 teams that won 20 or more games this season. Maybe they should do away with the NIT post-season and expand the field by 16 teams? :confused:

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 06:13 PM
when are the NIT pairings announced? or have they been?Good question. Also, when does the lady's bracket come out?

OKC-SLC
3/11/2007, 06:16 PM
nit.org doesn't yet have the teams filled in their brackets, but says they'll be announcing them live on ESPN (didn't say when)

colleyvillesooner
3/11/2007, 06:17 PM
Good question. Also, when does the lady's bracket come out?

Womens: LIVE ON ESPN AT 7 tomorrow night
NIT: ESPN2 at 8 tonight

OKC-SLC
3/11/2007, 06:18 PM
sportsline.com has good printable men's. Women's and NIT are blank there too.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
3/11/2007, 06:27 PM
Wow, I thought fo sho they were in.

I think that makes it almost impossible for OU to make it to the NIT.

I don't think whether or not KSU is in the NCAA or not has much bearing whether we make the NIT or not though I think we are out unless the NIT changes back to 40 teams at the last minute.

I thought after finishing ahead of TT and beating them soundly in the Big 12 tourney that KSU was in. So I am suprised.

Agree that the NIT is pretty silly but it is usually used more as a tool for measuring what "X teams record is against the RPI top 50" than it is for ranking teams. You can have a good RPI by beating the best teams from weak conferences and simply avoiding the teams projected to be in the bottom 100.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 06:29 PM
I don't think whether or not KSU is in the NCAA or not has much bearing whether we make the NIT or not though I think we are out unless the NIT changes back to 40 teams at the last minute.

I thought after finishing ahead of TT and beating them soundly in the Big 12 tourney that KSU was in. So I am suprised.My point was if we are competing with KSU and OSU for a spot from the Big XII, we're in trouble.

badger
3/11/2007, 06:30 PM
fire that piece of $hit Kevin Weiberg
he suspended Longar once... FIRE HIM! FIRE HIM!

KStatePike
3/11/2007, 06:40 PM
Its not really Texas Tech I'm pi$$ed about, they won their games. Its Stanford and Arkansas. The reason I'm pi$$ed at Weiberg is that he didn't seem to be doing any lobbying for us. Its just kinda bs.

tulsaoilerfan
3/11/2007, 07:03 PM
I'm sorry but i don't see how an 18-12 Stanford team gets in ahead of Syracuse, K-State, or Drexel

AllAboutThe'O'
3/11/2007, 07:44 PM
Its not really Texas Tech I'm pi$$ed about, they won their games. Its Stanford and Arkansas. The reason I'm pi$$ed at Weiberg is that he didn't seem to be doing any lobbying for us. Its just kinda bs.
I'm an Arkansas grad, and even I'm shocked that the Razorbacks got in and K-State didn't. K-State had a better body of work this season than Arkansas did, and at one time, the Hogs were 5-9 in the crappy SEC West. Arkie just happened to go on their second annual "Save Stan" drive, which landed them in the SEC tourney finals, which got them probably the last or next-to-last at-large bid.

K-State deserved to go to the Big Dance this year, bottom line.

Scott D
3/12/2007, 12:37 PM
I don't know why any of you were shocked. I mean these are the same morons who gave Duke a 6 seed in the tourney. Hell Duke couldn't even manage a 6 seed in their own conference tournament. Don't see why they didn't bother to just give Duke a 1 seed already. ;)

I guess Gerald Henderson was brought to Indy to drop an elbow on any committee member who didn't select Duke.

GoState
3/12/2007, 01:46 PM
KSU? The wins over @UT, Tech, and @USC were good. They also had some pretty bad losses - 27 points at KU, 30 points at Cal, and 24 points at New Mexico (a sub .500 team). Wouldn't you love to see how KSU and KU would have done if they had to play all the south teams twice? I guarantee you KSU would've been further from the bubble if that were the case and KU might have 2-3 more hickeys on their record.

It is strange to see only four teams from the Big 12 and not have either OSU or OU in the tournament. I know that we're really frustrated by our OSU team. From a 15-1 NCAA "lock" to irrelevance to finally playing like we care again in the last 3 games. We have a sub 50 RPI and wins over TAMU, UT, Pitt, TAMU-CC, Missouri St, KSU, Syracuse, Tech...but a whole slew of crappy losses. Still, if we take care of business and get 2 or 3 from freaking @Baylor, Mizzou, @Nebraska, and @Baylor, we're in. Oh well, bring on Marist...and play like we mean it *all* season next year. I won't be a bit surprised if both OSU and OU make the big dance next season.

OSUAggie
3/12/2007, 01:49 PM
Arkie goes 0-3 against Big XII teams (TU, TTU & Miz-zou) by a combined score of 237-196, then gets in ahead of a 10-6 Big XII team... hmmmmmmmmmmm.....

Ruuuuuufus
3/12/2007, 01:52 PM
The radio guys mentioned that KSU's out of conference strength of schedule (the KSUOOCSOS) was 226 :\

skycat
3/12/2007, 04:19 PM
KSU? The wins over @UT, Tech, and @USC were good. They also had some pretty bad losses - 27 points at KU, 30 points at Cal, and 24 points at New Mexico (a sub .500 team). Wouldn't you love to see how KSU and KU would have done if they had to play all the south teams twice? I guarantee you KSU would've been further from the bubble if that were the case and KU might have 2-3 more hickeys on their record.

K-State would have had a better chance of making the tournament in the south than in the north.

Here's a look at three Big 12 teams:

KU: 6-2 (.750) vs South, 11-0 (1.000) vs North*
KSU: 4-3 (.571) vs South, 7-4 (.636) vs North (3 losses to #1 seed)*
TT: 5-5 (.500) vs South, 4-3 (.571) vs North*

One deserves a #1 seed.
One gets left out completely.
One gets an at-large based on "tougher division".

*Includes Big 12 tournament

As has been mentioned, Ark had no business in the tournament. I hate seeing Stanford in there, but they did have some nice wins.

I'm still ****ed.

skycat
3/12/2007, 04:23 PM
Oh yeah, K-State and Syracuse are the first two teams since the expansion to 64 teams to win 20 games overall and 10 in a "power" conference and get left out.

Yeah, the OOC schedule strength was low, but the number of road games hurt us in the long run.

There are two or three teams that got left out that have pretty good arguments for inclusion (Syracuse and FSU for instance), so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.

Scott D
3/12/2007, 09:30 PM
Oh yeah, K-State and Syracuse are the first two teams since the expansion to 64 teams to win 20 games overall and 10 in a "power" conference and get left out.

Yeah, the OOC schedule strength was low, but the number of road games hurt us in the long run.

There are two or three teams that got left out that have pretty good arguments for inclusion (Syracuse and FSU for instance), so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.

Syracuse got kicked around for losing games they shouldn't have in their OOC, and the topper for that was that their OOC was heavily loaded toward home games, including their bad losses. I really don't have much pity for them not getting a spot in the tourney...but HOW THE HELL IS DUKE A SIX SEED?!?!?!??! :D

skycat
3/13/2007, 09:47 AM
Syracuse got kicked around for losing games they shouldn't have in their OOC, and the topper for that was that their OOC was heavily loaded toward home games, including their bad losses. I really don't have much pity for them not getting a spot in the tourney...but HOW THE HELL IS DUKE A SIX SEED?!?!?!??! :D

I know the arguments for keeping Syracuse out. And I know Duke is seeded too high.

It's Arkansas getting in that kills me. 0-3 vs. the Big 12, losing conference record in a crappy division Arkansas.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Scott D
3/13/2007, 12:01 PM
I know the arguments for keeping Syracuse out. And I know Duke is seeded too high.

It's Arkansas getting in that kills me. 0-3 vs. the Big 12, losing conference record in a crappy division Arkansas.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

[selection committee]but their final loss to this point was to Florida[/selection committee]

NormanPride
3/13/2007, 01:26 PM
Yeah, by 21.

What are the arguments FOR that team? Seriously.

boomersooner82
3/13/2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah, by 21.

What are the arguments FOR that team? Seriously.

They play in a conference with the word "east" in its name

Scott D
3/13/2007, 03:39 PM
[conspiracy guy]well the SEC commissioner was there when they were making the selections[/conspiracy guy]