PDA

View Full Version : I am in Eastern Colorado

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 05:18 PM
I am listening to pitch on why I should consider moving here to work tomorrow. On my way I went through BeetDigger's hometown. The drive from Nebraska was uninspiring, and if I move here I will definately have to get XM or Sirius, or what ever they call themselves if they merge. Either way, I am one step closer to having a legitimate career.

BajaOklahoma
3/11/2007, 05:21 PM
Colorado > Nebraska
We are talking states, right?

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:22 PM
at least you are familiar with the terrain.

good luck.

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:23 PM
Colorado > Nebraska
We are talking states, right?

Eastern Colorado - pretty much the same as Nebraska and Kansas.

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 05:24 PM
Eastern Colorado - pretty much the same as Western Nebraska and Kansas.
fixed

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:27 PM
fixed

true.

I've been all over Nebraska and Kansas. Although the eastern parts of both states beat the western parts, there ain't that much difference.

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 05:28 PM
true.

I've been all over Nebraska and Kansas. Although the eastern parts of both states beat the western parts, there ain't that much difference.
From someone who is working in Agriculture there is though.

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:30 PM
From someone who is working in Agriculture there is though.

probably so.

once again - best wishes with your choice.

are you watching the race?

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 05:32 PM
probably so.

once again - best wishes with your choice.

are you watching the race?
I just turned on when I got into my hotel 15 min. ago. I was listening on the radio before that. How bad did Robby run over Ward?

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 05:33 PM
I just turned on when I got into my hotel 15 min. ago. I was listening on the radio before that. How bad did Robby run over Ward?

I have no idea - didn't see it. I have been watching about 4 different things today. There is a thread in the general sports forum.

royalfan5
3/11/2007, 10:29 PM
So far I just don't think that I find Eastern Colorado that attractive for what I want to do. I don't get the feeling that it would be a great fit for me, but it may be my best option to start out.

olevetonahill
3/11/2007, 11:23 PM
Eastern Colorado - pretty much the same as Nebraska and Kansas, It all succs
Fixed better .;)

royalfan5
3/12/2007, 06:38 PM
There is pretty much no way I will be moving to Eastern Colorado now. They seriously low-balled me, and pretty much wouldn't be using me for the things I am best at. Plus Eastern Co. ag isn't the type I want to work with. So I will keep looking.

LoyalFan
3/12/2007, 09:43 PM
Are you killin' their doodz?

Jus' axin'
LF

C&CDean
3/13/2007, 09:12 AM
There is pretty much no way I will be moving to Eastern Colorado now. They seriously low-balled me, and pretty much wouldn't be using me for the things I am best at. Plus Eastern Co. ag isn't the type I want to work with. So I will keep looking.

Oh. So you're kinda like my 25 year old son then. He has passed on a bunch of good jobs because he thinks he's gonna find the perfect job where he walks in off the street and goes straight to management and everybody is gonna listen to him and change everything about the way they've been doing business because afterall, he's so much smarter than all the 50-60 year old guys who've been doing it all their lives...

And I don't blame you for not wanting to work in Eastern Colorado. I wouldn't work there either. Or live there. Hell, I hate even driving through there on my way to the mounteens.

royalfan5
3/13/2007, 04:46 PM
Oh. So you're kinda like my 25 year old son then. He has passed on a bunch of good jobs because he thinks he's gonna find the perfect job where he walks in off the street and goes straight to management and everybody is gonna listen to him and change everything about the way they've been doing business because afterall, he's so much smarter than all the 50-60 year old guys who've been doing it all their lives...

And I don't blame you for not wanting to work in Eastern Colorado. I wouldn't work there either. Or live there. Hell, I hate even driving through there on my way to the mounteens.
No, I could work with my Uncle cutting trees at the local Power Coop and make the same money. That ain't worth moving 8 hours to the middle of nowhere for. Plus the fact they wouldn't have enough work to keep me busy. What's the point of a job if they ain't going to work you? I'd rather be busy and poor, than bored and poor.