PDA

View Full Version : It's tick time again!

Okla-homey
3/11/2007, 03:03 PM
Yes hillbillies, Spring has sprung and along with the daffydills, them eight-legged arachnid blood suckers is upon us again.

I was outside near a pasture in Okmulgee Co. and found one of the little red devils crawling up my calf, no doubt intending to take up residence in my groinal region. Fortunately, I captured it before it burrowed its vile mouthparts into my epidermis.

You have been warned.

SicEmBaylor
3/11/2007, 03:05 PM
Funny story....

My parents had gone shopping in Tulsa one night and I stayed at home. Some friends and I went out and played in this patch of woods down by the river, and when I came back I felt something biting me around the bit and tackle.

So, I went into my room for a little self examination and sure enough I had a tick. About that time my parents had come home and my mother walks into my room while I have my pants around my ankles examining my unit. She thought I was doing something else, and I'm not sure I was ever able to convince her that I had a tick.

Rogue
3/11/2007, 03:06 PM
Great, and West Nile will be eating up my homestate again this year.

Rogue
3/11/2007, 03:10 PM
About that time my parents had come home and my mother walks into my room while I have my pants around my ankles examining my unit. She thought I was doing something else, and I'm not sure I was ever able to convince her that I had a tick.

There's an appropriate picture Here: Post #435 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82322&page=22)

olevetonahill
3/11/2007, 09:30 PM
This Ticks me OFF

Jerk
3/11/2007, 09:35 PM
I found a tick on the back of my neck in a UCO classroom cica 1998 or so. I pulled that little basterd off right then and there, and the girl sitting behind me dam*ed near passed out.

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 09:41 PM
Funny story....

My parents had gone shopping in Tulsa one night and I stayed at home. Some friends and I went out and played in this patch of woods down by the river, and when I came back I felt something biting me around the bit and tackle.

So, I went into my room for a little self examination and sure enough I had a tick. About that time my parents had come home and my mother walks into my room while I have my pants around my ankles examining my unit. She thought I was doing something else, and I'm not sure I was ever able to convince her that I had a tick.

http://www.icanhascheezburger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/omgwtfknockfirst.jpg

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 09:43 PM
There's an appropriate picture Here: Post #435 (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82322&page=22)

Heh, didn't see you post, but thought of that picture as soon as I saw that post

MamaMia
3/12/2007, 09:09 AM
I saw my first 2007 fly yesterday.

Osce0la
3/12/2007, 11:00 AM
Don't tell Wyatt tick season is here...That's all we need is Sexton thinking he is God again...
http://images.usatoday.com/sports/college/_photos/2005-06-14-inside-sexton.jpg

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 11:06 AM
Never clear brush in the summer in OK without copious amounts of 29%+ Off. A couple of years ago I removed 37 ticks from my person after a couple hours in the woods. I always manage to get a couple-three tick bites a year, and those mothers itch for months. They don't itch as bad as a chigger, but they itch forever.

jk the sooner fan
3/12/2007, 11:11 AM
the problem is that when you find a tick and pull it off......you get the sensation that you've got them all over you, even if there's only one

my secretary in new jersey, her son got lime disease and it seriously ****ed up his health

mxATVracer10
3/12/2007, 12:12 PM
I live in the country so I have grown up with these lil bastards. Just curious if anyone else was taught to twist as you pull em off? It's supposed to help ensure that their heads come out and keep the rockey mountain fever or lime disease from getting you. True or wive's tale???

proud gonzo
3/12/2007, 12:20 PM
when i get a tick bite not only does it itch, but every place i've ever been bitten by a tick previously ALSO welts up and itches. GHP's the same way.

last year Iggy went riding his bike and came back with a couple of ticks on his leg. He didn't have any idea how to get them off because he'd never had one before (I don't think they have many in Hawaii) so I had to drive over and assist with removal.

slickdawg
3/12/2007, 12:23 PM
chiggers are clearly the work of the prince of darkness. I HATE EM!!@#$!

Pricetag
3/12/2007, 12:27 PM
I live in the country so I have grown up with these lil bastards. Just curious if anyone else was taught to twist as you pull em off? It's supposed to help ensure that their heads come out and keep the rockey mountain fever or lime disease from getting you. True or wive's tale???
I don't know, but that's how I do it, too.

I got one once out camping with my dad and brother. My dad got it to voluntarily let go by holding a lit cigar near it.

picasso
3/12/2007, 12:29 PM
Yes hillbillies, Spring has sprung and along with the daffydills, them eight-legged arachnid blood suckers is upon us again.

I was outside near a pasture in Okmulgee Co. and found one of the little red devils crawling up my calf, no doubt intending to take up residence in my groinal region. Fortunately, I captured it before it burrowed its vile mouthparts into my epididymis.

You have been warned.

:eek:

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 12:30 PM
when i get a tick bite not only does it itch, but every place i've ever been bitten by a tick previously ALSO welts up and itches. GHP's the same way.

last year Iggy went riding his bike and came back with a couple of ticks on his leg. He didn't have any idea how to get them off because he'd never had one before (I don't think they have many in Hawaii) so I had to drive over and assist with removal.

That's funny you say that (not the part above removing ticks from Iggy's "regions") about other/previous bites itching. I got a tick bite next to my belly button a couple years ago. I got one on my back last year. Whenever I scratched the one on my back, the old bite would itch like crazy too. Weird stuff.

If you remove them immediately, you don't itch as bad, and you have less of a chance for lyme disease and RMSF. Problem is, those little bastards latch on where you can't see/feel it till hours later.

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 12:33 PM
chiggers are clearly the work of the prince of darkness. I HATE EM!!@#$!

I was baling hay a couple years ago and was having baler problems. I had to get out and crawl under the baler and replace shear bolts about 20 times. I was in knee/waist deep grass. I was wearing overalls, with a t-shirt with no sleeves.

Anyhow, that night I take a shower and go to bed. I woke up itching so bad I couldn't deal with it. I probably had 100 chigger bites on my waist, back, stomach, groinials, legs, and even face. The worst I've ever itched EVER.

OU4LIFE
3/12/2007, 12:35 PM
Funny story....

....waiting for teh funE

C&CDean
3/12/2007, 12:37 PM
Funny story....

So, I went into my room for a little self examination and sure enough I had a tick. About that time my parents had come home and my mother walks into my room while I have my pants around my ankles examining my unit. She thought I was doing something else, and I'm not sure I was ever able to convince her that I had a dick.

Why? You convinced us.

FaninAma
3/12/2007, 01:37 PM
Funny story....

You should have just tried the old "I was just scratching my chiggers" excuse.

Jimminy Crimson
3/13/2007, 12:35 AM
Is this thread making anyone else itch? :O

Big Red Ron
3/13/2007, 12:42 AM
Is this thread making anyone else itch? :OYes, and I want to know what you Republicans are going to do about it.;)

proud gonzo
3/13/2007, 12:44 AM
Is this thread making anyone else itch? :O:les: YES!

SicEmBaylor
3/13/2007, 01:00 AM
Yes, and I want to know what you Republicans are going to do about it.;)

Well, the best way to get rid of blood sucking parasites is to never vote Democrat.

Jimminy Crimson
3/13/2007, 01:04 AM
Well, the best way to get rid of blood sucking parasites is to never vote Democrat.

Couldn't have said it any better, myself! :texan: