PDA

View Full Version : Women's Bracket

monty
3/10/2007, 09:23 PM
Interesting who Charlie picked as our first opponent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/bracketology

Newbomb Turk
3/10/2007, 09:27 PM
heh - that is interesting.

who the f is Charlie Creme?

colleyvillesooner
3/10/2007, 09:31 PM
:mad:

monty
3/10/2007, 09:42 PM
I have no idea who this guy is, but it would take some of the bad taste out of my mouth if we were to win by 50. Not all of it...but a little.

bri
3/10/2007, 10:37 PM
Jesus, making us play Boise State in f*cking AUSTIN?

Yeah, that won't be nigh intolerable from the whorn locals.

Oh, and hooray, we might get Stanford in our bracket again! :rolleyes:

Gah.

monty
3/11/2007, 12:05 AM
Jesus, making us play Boise State in f*cking AUSTIN?

Yeah, that won't be nigh intolerable from the whorn locals.

Oh, and hooray, we might get Stanford in our bracket again! :rolleyes:

Gah.

Noticed that too. :O Brings up some harsh memories. Maybe karma will be on our side this year. Our team can be really explosive on offense but we can't be running through 5-6 minute droughts against a team like Stanford or Tenn.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 02:31 AM
We should be a two seed.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2007, 09:49 AM
Why do you all care? Women's basketball sucks! It's not a real sport. It's unwatchable.

Signed,
Jim Traber Wannabe

Ruuuuuufus
3/11/2007, 12:26 PM
updated bracket has us as a #2 seed and in Austin. Would be sweet to land in the Dallas regional though.

bri
3/11/2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah, the Dally regional would be teh win. Just KEEP US THE F*CK AWAY FROM STANFORD. :mad:

the_ouskull
3/11/2007, 01:15 PM
If Jim Traber was any better, he'd suck.

the_ouskull

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 01:25 PM
How in the heck does texass get to play in Austin as a 12 seed. I doubt that wold ever happen on the men's side.

badger
3/11/2007, 06:22 PM
where the wimmen's bracket at? when is the announcement?

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 06:25 PM
7 pm espn

badger
3/11/2007, 06:26 PM
nevermind...
http://www.ncaasports.com/basketball/womens/schedules

AllAboutThe'O'
3/11/2007, 07:49 PM
As of a few days ago, Creme still had us as a No. 4 seed. Don't see that happening now. At worst, we'll be a 3, but I think we've ascended to a No. 2 seed now.

MiccoMacey
3/12/2007, 06:15 AM
7 pm espn

7 pm MONDAY espn :mad:

I kept watching and watching and watching ESPN last night, wondering why they weren't showing the women's selection.

PAW
3/12/2007, 02:07 PM
Creme has the gals as a 2 seed, but his brackets are jacked. His 4 #2 seeds are:

Vanderbilt - Greensboro
Maryland - Fresno
Stanford - Dallas
OU - Dayton

It would be nice to get into the bracket with North Carolina.

PrideTrombone
3/12/2007, 02:08 PM
That is odd. Why not go

Vanderbilt - Dayton
Maryland - Greensboro
Stanford - Fresno
OU - Dallas

Makes more geographic sense that way.

PAW
3/12/2007, 02:18 PM
That's what I thought when I looked at it. Maryland would be :mad: er than us.

The only thing I could think of was keeping the #1's happy, ie. having Tenn come to Dallas and have to face OU. Dunno.

We'll know better tonight. I hope it's Dallas so I can catch them in action. :)

colleyvillesooner
3/12/2007, 02:26 PM
7 pm MONDAY espn :mad:

I kept watching and watching and watching ESPN last night, wondering why they weren't showing the women's selection.

God forbid you consult the ESPN TV listings.

Ruuuuuufus
3/12/2007, 04:06 PM
That is odd. Why not go

Vanderbilt - Dayton
Maryland - Greensboro
Stanford - Fresno
OU - Dallas

Makes more geographic sense that way.

Duke is in Greensboro...about the only lock for a particular destination, so they would try to avoid putting Maryland there as well. Other than that, looks good.

SteelClip49
3/12/2007, 07:40 PM
WHY THE F ARE THEY A 3 SEED?????????????????????

MARYLAND AND TENNESSEE IN OUR BRACKET???????????????

WTF ARE WE NOT IN DALLAS????????????????????????????

WE BEAT ISU AND THEY GO THERE AND BAYLOR IS THERE AS WELL

THIS COMMITTEE IS F'N RIDICULOUS

Sooner24
3/12/2007, 07:46 PM
:mad:

colleyvillesooner
3/12/2007, 07:53 PM
WHY THE F ARE THEY A 3 SEED?????????????????????

MARYLAND AND TENNESSEE IN OUR BRACKET???????????????

WTF ARE WE NOT IN DALLAS????????????????????????????

WE BEAT ISU AND THEY GO THERE AND BAYLOR IS THERE AS WELL

THIS COMMITTEE IS F'N RIDICULOUS

I think you meant A&M instead of Baylor.

badger
3/12/2007, 07:53 PM
it's ok. we'll travel well... and play well, too. now our team gets a cool ohio vacation and more time off from 7:30 a.m. classes.

MiccoMacey
3/12/2007, 07:54 PM
God forbid you consult the ESPN TV listings.

That's why I have you guys to tell me where to go, what to do, etc... :D

boomersooner82
3/12/2007, 08:03 PM
Wow... 3 seed, in that region, sending us to Dayton. What a joke! While A&M will get to play in Dallas with their 5 seed if they can advance. The Big 12 is good enough to send six teams to the tournament, but its tournament and regular season champion gets a 3 seed? What is the committee watching?

colleyvillesooner
3/12/2007, 08:05 PM
Wow... 3 seed, in that region, sending us to Dayton. What a joke! While A&M will get to play in Dallas with their 5 seed if they can advance. The Big 12 is good enough to send six teams to the tournament, but its tournament and regular season champion gets a 3 seed? What is the committee watching?

A&M is a 4 seed.

Pay attention people!

boomersooner82
3/12/2007, 08:21 PM
A&M is a 4 seed.

Pay attention people!

Sorry... still doesn't warrant us having to travel farther for the regional than they do.

Big Red Ron
3/13/2007, 12:01 AM
Isn't the Big XII, as a conference the second toughest conference in the nation according to the RPI? We are the regular season and tournament champions of the #2 RPI conference and we get a frickin three seed?

I think women are evil to other women. Think about it, not too long ago we brought in a hot young HC straight out of High School and she's beating the tar out of all of them and has the best four players maybe ever in the Paris sisters, Hakeem's daughter and Ben's sister coming in this year.

They are ****ed that she didn't rise up through their network of assistant jobs before she earned her job and it kills them that she's better than all of them.

The only way to fight that crap is to win it and we can. I am predicting a NC this year.

tommieharris91
3/13/2007, 12:06 AM
I think they're jealous of her looks. (This is a good reason to post gratuituous Sherri Coale pics ;))

stoopified
3/13/2007, 12:18 AM
I think they're jealous of her looks. (This is a good reason to post gratuituous Sherri Coale pics ;))I would post pics but I only have one free hand :D.

bri
3/13/2007, 08:03 AM
For all that we've accomplished, becoming the dominant program in the Big 12, leading the explosion of interest and popularity for women's hoop in this region, for all of it...it's still not good enough for the NCAA. Remember when they'd dispatch our early good teams (with Stacey, Caton, etc) out into the farthest reaches of West Bumf*ck while all the other "power" teams got to play at home? Remember the BLATANTLY one-sided officiating against UCONN in the title game? The simple fact is, for all we've done in the last decade to grow the sport, the NCAA still favors others over us. The part that makes my jaw drop is A&M getting the Dallas regional instead of us...:mad:

Suck it, NCAA.

SleestakSooner
3/13/2007, 08:22 AM
I think losing at home to Ohio State really killed OU in the national respect factor. And then losing to aTm at home didn't help. Still I am in total agreement that the Sooners deserved a better seed and region. This was a great season and winning the tourney should count for more but never seems to where the Big XII and OU are concerned.

Let's all just hope for the best and make it to the final four!

TopDaugIn2000
3/13/2007, 08:36 AM
Let's all just hope for the best and make it to the final four!

word. **** on the NCAA selection peeps. go all the way Sooners!

colleyvillesooner
3/13/2007, 09:06 AM
Out of our 4 losses, three were to #4 seeds. We had one bad loss to a team that just missed the tournament and we get bent over. :mad:

bri
3/13/2007, 05:14 PM
word. **** on the NCAA selection peeps. go all the way to the championship game, then get f*cked by the refs in favor of the 'chosen' team, Sooners!

Still. Bitter. :mad:

Big Red Ron
3/13/2007, 05:19 PM
Still. Bitter. :mad:Word:mad:

AllAboutThe'O'
3/13/2007, 10:42 PM
For all that we've accomplished, becoming the dominant program in the Big 12, leading the explosion of interest and popularity for women's hoop in this region, for all of it...it's still not good enough for the NCAA. Remember when they'd dispatch our early good teams (with Stacey, Caton, etc) out into the farthest reaches of West Bumf*ck while all the other "power" teams got to play at home? Remember the BLATANTLY one-sided officiating against UCONN in the title game? The simple fact is, for all we've done in the last decade to grow the sport, the NCAA still favors others over us. The part that makes my jaw drop is A&M getting the Dallas regional instead of us...:mad:

Suck it, NCAA.

ESPN is still blatantly responsible. They showed the opening promo to the selection show and while there was a quick shot of Courtney in action, they did the mock album covers to the usual suspects like Tennessee, UConn, Duke, UNC and Maryland, being the defending champs and all. Though it was cool how they erased Pokey Chatman from the LSU fake Police album cover. I've said it before and I'll say it again, until we beat the elite teams like Tennessee and UConn, we still won't be taken seriously as a national power.

NormanPride
3/14/2007, 10:46 AM
At least we wouldn't have to face Stanford until the final...

TopDaugIn2000
3/14/2007, 11:10 AM
WORD