PDA

View Full Version : Sooners Saturday Practice Report

Jay C. Upchurch
3/10/2007, 07:31 PM
NORMAN — Oklahoma completed the third of its 15 spring practices Saturday afternoon at Memorial Stadium. It was the first time out in full pads for the Sooners.

OU drilled for two-and-a-half hours on a nearly perfect weather day. It was the team’s longest workout thus far. Many facets were addressed during the practice and player rotations were plentiful at several positions.

Oklahoma head coach Bob Stoops was upbeat about his team’s work.

“We had a lot of good on good today,” Stoops said. “I felt like we got in a lot of good work and again the enthusiasm was very good.

“The offense took good care of the ball today and I was really happy to see that.

Just like the day before, all three quarterbacks played extensively. At running back, Allen Patrick got several reps early, then gave way to Chris Brown, Jacob Gutierrez, Mossis Madu and DeMarco Murray, who garnered most of the snaps for the remainder of the afternoon.

Both Murray and Madu also got some work in the slot and excelled in pass-catching situations.

They did so under the watchful eye of former Sooner back Adrian Peterson, who attended part of the workout. He is in town for Oklahoma’s pro day, which takes place Tuesday. The out-going OU players will go through strength, speed and agility tests and position drills for NFL scouts.

Peterson said it is unlikely that he will test since he already did so at the NFL Combine, but that he will participate in some position drills.

Oklahoma will take Sunday off and then return to the practice field Monday afternoon.

The public’s first opportunity to view spring workouts comes Wednesday when the Sooners will stage a scrimmage at the stadium. That practice begins at 3:45 p.m., with the scrimmage set to start approximately 15-20 minutes later.

OU SID Report

KingDavid
3/10/2007, 08:40 PM
thanks!

yermom
3/10/2007, 09:19 PM
i've never paid much attention... is the Pro Day open to the public?