PDA

View Full Version : My Blonde Daughter is home...

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 01:44 PM
Popped in for the weekend. We gotta go out to the OANG at Tulsa IAP to get her ID extended b/c she'll be 21 in a couple weeks. Because she's a full-time student she rates my military health care until 23 if she's in school, but it requires her physical presence to make that happen.

Going to Bartlesville tonight for dinner at that Frank Lloyd Wright Tower restaurant dealio. She digs FLW. I do too. It's a surprise so nobody tell her if you see us this afternoon.

Yay us! All is "Wright" with the world.

That is all.

SicEmBaylor
3/10/2007, 01:46 PM
Are you going to make her re-use the bath towels again?

olevetonahill
3/10/2007, 01:47 PM
Hey Homey
Is there a commisary up there ? and can I get my ID there > and where is this place ?
Thanks

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 01:48 PM
Are you going to make her re-use the bath towels again?

There are already four on the floor of her bathroom and she just arrived last night. She won't figure it out until she starts paying her own bills.

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 01:53 PM
Hey Homey
Is there a commisary up there ? and can I get my ID there > and where is this place ?
Thanks

It's at the Tulsa Airport foolio.

No commissary, but better than that, a Class VI. They also have a tiny BX and if you want something from Tinker, they make runs once a week.

The Pass&ID section is open on most weekdays and this weekend is a drill weekend so they're open Sat and Sun.

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2007, 01:56 PM
Popped in for the weekend. We gotta go out to the OANG at Tulsa IAP to get her ID extended b/c she'll be 21 in a couple weeks. Because she's a full-time student she rates my military health care until 23 if she's in school, but it requires her physical presence to make that happen.

Going to Bartlesville tonight for dinner at that Frank Lloyd Wright Tower restaurant dealio. She digs FLW. I do too. It's a surprise so nobody tell her if you see us this afternoon.

Yay us! All is "Wright" with the world.

That is all.

Dang, wish you had made it out to Phoenix. Dad and I went on the tour of Taliesin West, and we'd have enjoyed having you along to supplement the information on the historical context.

olevetonahill
3/10/2007, 02:04 PM
It's at the Tulsa Airport foolio.

No commissary, but better than that, a Class VI. They also have a tiny BX and if you want something from Tinker, they make runs once a week.

The Pass&ID section is open on most weekdays and this weekend is a drill weekend so they're open Sat and Sun.

I didnt have a clue , Ill try to remember and dig out my letter , and come up there , Ill buy you a beer and you can show me around .
I havnt bothered with it cause Tinker or Lil rock seemed to far away to mess with .

BajaOklahoma
3/10/2007, 02:18 PM
Is it a National law or a State law that our kids can be covered on our civilian insurance until age 25, no requirement of fulltime studenthood?

And have a great time.

MamaMia
3/10/2007, 02:33 PM
I have a blond who lives her life in La La Land, a brunette who is very intellectual and a red head that is a real spit fire. We're expecting the young one any minute now. I know you'll have loads of fun this weekend. Just stock up on clean towels. :D

VeeJay
3/10/2007, 04:55 PM
My soon to be 21 year old is living with us and keeps her bedroom door closed. All the time. The room should be declared a Federal Disaster Area.

I don't get it. Nothing against females at that age, but it's rare that I've seen one that's any different.

Vaevictis
3/10/2007, 05:04 PM

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when Bartlesville had actual tourists.

OUTromBoNado
3/11/2007, 12:33 AM
Homey, if you were in Bartlesville, you should have crashed NP and badger's wedding.:pop:

Okla-homey
3/11/2007, 06:08 AM

We had a real nice time. That Price Tower restaurant ("Copper") is great, the service was superb and my veal was scrumdillyishus. My design student blonde daughter was very excited about being in the ONLY skyscraper in the whole wide world designed by America's most important architect.

sooneron
3/11/2007, 09:48 AM
I have to take the Mrs up there. My Dad grew up in B'ville and I never get there any more. Good memories of grandma taking me to TG&Y for the toy of my choice.

We would always go that little amusement park by Johnstone Park.
My dad was inspired by the Price Tower to become an architect.

StoopTroup
3/11/2007, 01:57 PM
I've always been a fan of Wrights designs.

Homey...

Have you seen the house he did here in Tulsa?

I think it's around 37th and Birmingham.

If you haven't see it, you should take a short drive to see it.

I'd love to own it. About 20 years ago I met a kid who lived there and he gave us a tour of the inside. Very cool.

Anyway...thought you might like to see another of his designs 1st hand.

http://www.bluffton.edu/~sullivanm/okla/bartlesville/price/wholedistant2.jpg

Price Tower

StoopTroup
3/11/2007, 02:00 PM
Found a pic of the house...it's called "Westhope".

http://davidhalpern.com/images/005936_Westhope_ext.jpg

Tulsa Art Deco Site

http://davidhalpern.com/TulsaArtDeco.htm

Vaevictis
3/11/2007, 06:29 PM
We had a real nice time. That Price Tower restaurant ("Copper") is great, the service was superb and my veal was scrumdillyishus.

About how much does a meal run there? My grandfather is always complaining about how the only half-decent restaurant in town is at Hillcrest.

Okla-homey
3/11/2007, 07:05 PM
About how much does a meal run there? My grandfather is always complaining about how the only half-decent restaurant in town is at Hillcrest.

three of us, w/meal, appetizer, desserts and cocktails = about a hundred and twenty bucks. That's actually pretty good IMHO. If you didn't have booze or have dessert, you could get out for substantially less.

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 07:10 PM
If you didn't have booze or have dessert, you could get out for substantially less.

I'd spend the extra. :D

glad you had a good time.

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 08:13 PM
three of us, w/meal, appetizer, desserts and cocktails = about a hundred and twenty bucks. That's actually pretty good IMHO. If you didn't have booze or have dessert, you could get out for substantially less.

that's not bad for a good meal

Hamhock
3/12/2007, 08:29 AM

long live the kiddie park!!!

TexasLidig8r
3/12/2007, 09:46 AM
You know... Homey's daughter is home for spring break.

Our erstwhile Lothario, Sic em is probably out for spring break this week.

Sic is probably back in Okie for the week...

Sic is desparately in need of explanations of how the world revolves from a member of the fairer sex more his age....

hmmmmmmm

soonerjoker
3/12/2007, 10:33 AM
i was a member of OANG in tulsa, back in 60s.

also lived in bartlesville, also in 60s.

Okla-homey
3/12/2007, 11:28 AM

Sic is desparately in need of explanations of how the world revolves from a member of the fairer sex more his age....

hmmmmmmm

Not so fast. She flew out this am. She's not on Spring Break this week, just a quick trip to get the new ID and to extend her coverage by my military benefits.

For Spring Break, she's going on a cruise with some of her sorority sistahs. Lest you think we're overly indulgent of her (which we prolly are) we bought her the ticket for her Christmas prezzy.

olevetonahill
3/12/2007, 11:36 AM

hmmmmmmm
If sicem hit on Homeys Daughter
I have a feeling there would less of him left than that dude in the Corvette .:cool: