PDA

View Full Version : Shotgun candidate names! (vote for 2)

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 07:41 AM
Dear Mods: Please make this a stabby and replace the thread seeking naming nominations with this one. TIA

This is real simple. It only involves two steps.

Please note, the two winning names will be announced on Friday, March 16, 2007. The vote counts are available to anyone making a FOIA request in triplicate and received by my office after March 16, 2007 and before March 16, 2008.

Note also, in the event there are an equal number of votes for the three most popular names, the tie will be resolved by JAUX who is not voting in the first round. Now, please proceed to STEP ONE.

STEP ONE: If your name is on this list, go to STEP TWO. If your name is not on the list -- sorry, only shareholders get to vote.

Offishul Shareholder list:

Blonde Sooner Girl
Bri
salth2o
SoonerBornSoonerBred
Beef
Gotta Have Pride
Olevetonahill
Harry Beanbag
guzziguy
soonerboomer93
MamaMia
Phil
jwlynn64
soonerus
Okieflyer
Williesan
Proud Gonzo
NormanPride
OklaPony
Cam
jk the sooner fan
Colleyvillesooner
Soonerfan88
soonerloyal
BermudaSooner
OklaHomey
Chuck Bao
StoopTroup
C&CDean
BajaOklahoma
BoogercountySooner
achiro
Soonerbrat
TUSooner
1TC

STEP TWO: Choose TWO names from this list you like, type them into a PEEM with "vote" in the subject line, and send it to "Okla-homey" ASAP and before 6pm on March 15. (note: Nominated names which exceed 12 characters were disregarded at the request of the Ruf Neks)

GADOCADWI
SOUTH OVAL (used on last year's gun BTW)
STABBY
BOOMSTICK
POPGUN
SHOE WHIPPER
SHOOTINGFOR8
MELTDOWNMODE
ABE LINCOLN
MRS DEAN
DEATH STICK
I HATE ORANGE
HORSPIGS DIE
TOPDAWGLIVES
TEXAS JIHAAD
STRIPPERS (this may not float if it wins)
BEER (see above)
CHEETOH
DIP**** (see note at "strippers)
7TIMECHAMPS
WAFFLE
SPORTSWAR
FREE GDC!
NOHORSEPIGS
07CENTENNIAL
MEX
BSG SAID
SOONERUS
SOONERUS JR
SOONERBOOMIN
BOOMER
SOONER

Thanks for playing, and thanks for supporting the oldest (and coolest) student sports spirit organization in the western hemisphere!

Frozen Sooner
3/10/2007, 07:44 AM
Stabbied. Dang it, I forgot to throw in money.

jk the sooner fan
3/10/2007, 07:57 AM
coolest? lets not go overboard ;)

peem sent

soonerboomer93
3/10/2007, 08:59 AM
I'd like to say that my suggestion of Free GDC was only in jest and I will throat punch anyone who votes for it

BajaOklahoma
3/10/2007, 02:11 PM
Are we allowed to try to sway the voters?
Because I would just like to menion -

MamaMia
3/10/2007, 02:58 PM
Can you use your two votes on the same name?

proud gonzo
3/10/2007, 03:56 PM
just a note: jihad only has one A. And I'm thinking Texas Jihad might fall into the same category as Strippers and Beer... might be offensive to some.

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 04:01 PM
just a note: jihad only has one A. And I'm thinking Texas Jihad might fall into the same category as Strippers and Beer... might be offensive to some.

How can you say "jihaad" only has one "a?" It's flippin' Arabic. Since it is impossible to precisely translate that writing of theirs (which looks like pubic hair on the page,) I feel it is safe to go with my spelling.

And if anyone is offended by "Texas Jihaad" they clearly hate America...so "f"-em!;)

jk the sooner fan
3/10/2007, 05:14 PM
wait.....pg is worried about offending somebody?

proud gonzo
3/10/2007, 05:14 PM
How can you say "jihaad" only has one "a?" It's flippin' Arabic. Since it is impossible to precisely translate that writing of theirs (which looks like pubic hair on the page,) I feel it is safe to go with my spelling.

And if anyone is offended by "Texas Jihaad" they clearly hate America...so "f"-em!;)because in every class I've had where we discussed the topic, it was spelled "jihad" with only one A.

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 05:28 PM
because in every class I've had where we discussed the topic, it was spelled "jihad" with only one A.

Have any of the discussers been to arab-land? I have. Heck, the Arabs themselves aren't even consistent when translating their language to English. You see all sorts of whacked-out English subtitling on their signage. Anyway, jihaad is more consistent with the way they actually pronounce it (i.e. jee-hod'.) The other spelling implies jee-had' which ain't the way they say it.:D

proud gonzo
3/10/2007, 05:38 PM
Have any of the discussers been to arab-land? I have. Heck, the Arabs themselves aren't even consistent when translating their language to English. You see all sorts of whacked-out English subtitling on their signage. Anyway, jihaad is more consistent with the way they actually pronounce it (i.e. jee-hod'.) The other spelling implies jee-had' which ain't the way they say it.:Dwell, yeah, if you're trying to use american pronunciation on a foreign word. And yes, my history professor in my crusades class has done extensive traveling and research in the middle east and she spells it "jihad"

Okla-homey
3/10/2007, 05:47 PM
well, yeah, if you're trying to use american pronunciation on a foreign word. And yes, my history professor in my crusades class has done extensive traveling and research in the middle east and she spells it "jihad"

Has she been to Saudi? Prolly not because they don't cotton to foreign wimmens defiling their sacred sand and stuff. Saudi is kinda the epicenter of the A-rab lingo ya know. Also worth mentioning, it may be like arguing over color v. colour. Depends on English or American spelling. Might be that where your professorette traveled, they spelled it jihad.

Anyway, tut tut and not to worry, no one has voted for it yet anyway.;)

proud gonzo
3/10/2007, 05:55 PM
Has she been to Saudi? Prolly not because they don't cotton to foreign wimmens defiling their sacred sand and stuff. Saudi is kinda the epicenter of the A-rab lingo ya know. Also worth mentioning, it may be like arguing over color v. colour. Depends on English or American spelling. Might be that where your professorette traveled, they spelled it jihad.

Anyway, tut tut and not to worry, no one has voted for it yet anyway.;)I'm not sure if she has or not, though I wouldn't be surprised if she's been to Mecca. I know she's been to Jerusalem, however. I don't doubt it is sometimes spelled jihaad (hell, i've even seen Jahad, Jehad, Jiaad, Djihad, and Cihad listed as alternate spellings) but I think one A is standard practice.
doesn't really matter.

olevetonahill
3/11/2007, 01:55 AM
Screw A hab the A rab
Lets just do Boomer an / Sooner

AlbqSooner
3/11/2007, 07:00 AM
There is definitely more than one "A" hole in jihaad.

slickdawg
3/11/2007, 09:04 AM
dip**** is perfect

StoopTroup
3/11/2007, 02:06 PM
South Oval

And

Sooner

are my vote.

MamaMia
3/11/2007, 06:22 PM
~ahem~...excuse me.......:confused:

jk the sooner fan
3/11/2007, 06:49 PM
if i had a third vote, Cheetoh would have been it

Mixer!
3/11/2007, 06:50 PM
Heh, Boomstick.

achiro
3/11/2007, 09:24 PM
If I were to be lucky enough to win, my plan was to hang it in my office. I would be embarassed if any of the majority of those were on it.:( I seriously thought most of those were just jokes or I would have protested much sooner.

Why not just Soonerfans?

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 09:30 PM
um, one side of it has soonerfans on it, last year, it was mounted with soonerfans showing

achiro
3/11/2007, 09:35 PM
um, one side of it has soonerfans on it, last year, it was mounted with soonerfans showing
OK, so I missed that somehow.:O :D :O

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 09:50 PM
Personally, in my office, strippers, beer and dip**** would be ok :D

but then again, guns are also illegal here, so I can't have it in my office

olevetonahill
3/11/2007, 11:11 PM
If Ya aint smart enough to turn it around , your to dumb to have it . :P

soonerloyal
3/13/2007, 10:37 AM
I submitted two names, but they aren't on the list - were they so bad they got thrown out?
:eek:

Lori

Okla-homey
3/13/2007, 10:40 AM
I submitted two names, but they aren't on the list - were they so bad they got thrown out?
:eek:

Lori

check the list again sweetie.:D

soonerloyal
3/13/2007, 11:02 AM
Welllll, shut me up and call me stupid. Ain't I blind as a bat. Age obviously isn't being very kind to my brain cells in general. Ack...

I sowwy, Fearless Leader.

Okla-homey
3/16/2007, 06:48 AM
LAST DAY TO VOTE HILLBILLIES! RESULTS TONIGHT AT 6PM (CDT).

1stTimeCaller
3/16/2007, 06:15 PM
tonight at 6pm as in 15 minutes ago?

Harry Beanbag
3/16/2007, 06:30 PM
It's only 4:30, hold yer horses.

1stTimeCaller
3/16/2007, 06:33 PM
:les: NOT IN THE MOTHER****IN' CDT!!&