PDA

View Full Version : I wonder what the Big XII people think...

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 10:45 PM
...about OKC downtown and Bricktown...the place is swamped...

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 10:52 PM
they think, "if it only had trees, hills and culture like Tulsa...".

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 10:54 PM
they think, "if it only had trees, hills and culture like Tulsa...".

Tulsa's inferiority complex continues...

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 10:55 PM
Tulsa's inferiority complex continues...

I should have put a ;) on there.

I live in OKC.

picasso
3/9/2007, 10:56 PM
my business partner and I were going to put in a gallery/frame shop back in '96 there. somewhere in the spot just east of Chelino's.
alas he moved to Virginia. oh what could have been.

and he had the coin to buy the space.:( :)

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:00 PM
oh what could have been.

you could have listened to Newbomb Turk sing Volare' by the Bricktown Canal.

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 11:01 PM
my male partner and I were going to put in a gallery/frame shop back in '96 there. somewhere in the spot just east of Chelino's.
alas he moved to Virginia. oh what could have been.

and he had the coin to buy the space.:( :)

coming out ???

jk the sooner fan
3/9/2007, 11:01 PM
last nite during the ladies game, at halftime they interviewed the ISU coach, he was highly complimentary of OKC and the facilities

picasso
3/9/2007, 11:08 PM
you could have listened to Newbomb Turk fart Volare' by the Bricktown Canal.
fixed.

and Rus, I would but it would shatter your marriage.

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:10 PM
fixed.

:D

technically, it's sing/fart.

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 11:11 PM
fixed.

and Rus, I would but it would shatter your marriage.

Just mess'in with you...

Big Red Ron
3/9/2007, 11:14 PM
Tulsa's inferiority complex continues...Bri appearance in 3, 2, 1...

picasso
3/9/2007, 11:14 PM
hey I'm just joshin too. I know you've told your old lady about our man time.:)

Howzit is still in denial though.

picasso
3/9/2007, 11:15 PM

technically, it's sing/fart.
farting?

yes, farting everywhere!!!!

oh my God.

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 11:16 PM
rare double post...

Big Red Ron
3/9/2007, 11:17 PM
I met some ISU fans tonight that said it was the best Big XII atmosphere they had seen. They had been to KC several times, and Dallas last year.

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:18 PM
In all seriousness, I'm quite proud of what OKC has pulled off in terms of sporting events in the past 10 years.

That being said, this summer I'll be heading to Tulsa for the 2nd time in 6 years to watch golf.

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 11:20 PM
In all seriousness, I'm quite proud of what OKC has pulled off in terms of sporting events in the past 10 years.

That being said, this summer I'll be heading to Tulsa for the 2nd time in 6 years to watch golf.

Only by default after Oaktree had its troubles...

Big Red Ron
3/9/2007, 11:20 PM

That being said, this summer I'll be heading to Tulsa for the 2nd time in 6 years to watch golf.Oak Tree's men's course should be back in the mix soon.

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:21 PM
farting?

yes, farting everywhere!!!!

oh my God.

You're one of the few people that appreciates that movie.

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

King Crimson
3/9/2007, 11:21 PM

you know what i'm thinking don't you..... :D

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:23 PM
Oak Tree's men's course should be back in the mix soon.

I sure hope so.

I know the Seniors were there last year, and I kick myself for not going up there to see them. But I want to see the the tour players.

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:24 PM
you know what i'm thinking don't you..... :D

yes - a real course with trees, and green grass.

Big Red Ron
3/9/2007, 11:25 PM
I sure hope so.

I know the Seniors were there last year, and I kick myself for not going up there to see them. But I want to see the the tour players.If memory serves, Oak Tree kicked the Seniors' collective ***. I don't remember what the cut was but it was over par and the winner was barely below par, so the course is certainly tough enough for the PGA.

Big Red Ron
3/9/2007, 11:26 PM
yes - a real course with trees, and green grass.Don't forget the hills.:D

King Crimson
3/9/2007, 11:28 PM
my pops worked as a rules official for a college tournament in October at Oak Tree and it looks as good as i've seen it since the late 80's. i went 2 of the 3 days and rode around in the cart with him. they redid the greens so they are much smaller and less severe. they used to be ridiculous when they would stimp above 10 and lose em in August because it was so hot.

especially 12 and 15 since they are out of the wind.

Soonerus
3/9/2007, 11:29 PM
...a great course...

King Crimson
3/9/2007, 11:29 PM
If memory serves, Oak Tree kicked the Seniors' collective ***. I don't remember what the cut was but it was over par and the winner was barely below par, so the course is certainly tough enough for the PGA.

they didn't even play the back tees. it was pretty breezy though....and the whole front nine is pretty exposed.

Newbomb Turk
3/9/2007, 11:32 PM
Don't forget the hills.:D

I know what you mean, but I was surprised that SH wasn't that hilly.

...rode around in the cart...

the British would not be happy with you for riding in a cart. ;)

royalfan5
3/10/2007, 02:24 AM
Well, the Big XII Venture Plan Competition is Going on there.

Mjcpr
3/10/2007, 08:47 AM
Only by default after Oaktree had its troubles...

:rolleyes:

Southern Hills is one of the top courses in the nation and has been for decades. That's why it has hosted more PGA Championships than anywhre else, with a couple of US Opens sprinkled in.

I live in Tulsa but I want OKC to do well too and I'd like nothing better than to have them in the Big XII Champ rotation but the course comment was lame.

Soonerus
3/10/2007, 11:21 AM
:rolleyes:

Southern Hills is one of the top courses in the nation and has been for decades. That's why it has hosted more PGA Championships than anywhre else, with a couple of US Opens sprinkled in.

I live in Tulsa but I want OKC to do well too and I'd like nothing better than to have them in the Big XII Champ rotation but the course comment was lame.

Oak Tree had the last PGA and it was moved to Southern Hills, that was my only point...I agree Southern Hills is a great course...not many views like the first tee box at Southern Hills...

Big Red Ron
3/10/2007, 05:42 PM
I propose that we let Tulsa have the PGA and OKC will just settle for the NBA.

;)

Mjcpr
3/10/2007, 07:45 PM
I propose that we let Tulsa have the PGA and OKC will just settle for the NBA.

;)

That'd be alright with me too.....I think OKC has done a great job of supporting the Hornets and I hope they get a team and soon. I don't think Tulsa, for whatever reason, would be able to support one....maybe they'd prove me wrong, I don't know.

But Tulsa does very well with the occasional PGA Major Championship and the LPGA stop. Tulsa is a a good venue for those events.

Big Red Ron
3/10/2007, 07:59 PM
The Sonics are coming to OKC in 2008-09. It's a done deal. I also think there is a solid chance that Tulsa get's the Sonic's "sister" team in the WNBA. Which would be pretty cool, especially if they could draft C. Paris.

OklahomaTuba
3/11/2007, 12:24 AM
Comparing Southern Hills and Oaktree is like comparing Owen Field to T. Boone Pickens Stadium.

OklahomaTuba
3/11/2007, 12:29 AM
Oh, and I am damn proud of OKC for hosting the Big 12. I wish Tulsa had half the vision and leadership of OKC.

One day I hope Tulsa pulls its head out and figures things out.

soonerboomer93
3/11/2007, 01:33 AM
atleast you're not dallas

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 02:01 AM
Comparing Southern Hills and Oaktree is like comparing Owen Field to T. Boone Pickens Stadium.Let's not go overboard. Oak Tree is easily the second best course in Oklahoma.

Soonerus
3/11/2007, 08:00 AM
Personally I think Oak Tree Golf Club is a tougher and prettier course than Southern Hills...IMHO...

soonerbrat
3/11/2007, 10:43 AM
how did the Big XII tournament atmosphere conversation turn into a "my golf course is better than yours" conversation?

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 11:42 AM
I think it's my fault for mentioning that I am going to Tulsa this summer to watch golf.

soonerbrat
3/11/2007, 12:23 PM
i am really curious to know what the out of towners thought of our fair city

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
3/11/2007, 12:37 PM
how did the Big XII tournament atmosphere conversation turn into a "my golf course is better than yours" conversation?p*nis envy.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 01:20 PM
how did the Big XII tournament atmosphere conversation turn into a "my golf course is better than yours" conversation?Hills and trees people started it.:pop:

BajaOklahoma
3/11/2007, 03:18 PM
Hills and trees people started it.:pop:

But OKC got the Tournament! :D

OKC > tulsey :D

Newbomb Turk
3/11/2007, 04:13 PM
We did great, stop asking

By John Rohde
The Oklahoman

A request of all local residents: Stop asking how we did.
We've just hosted our first Big 12 basketball tournament. Presumably, we'll host another.
Trust me, Oklahoma City and the All Sports Association did splendidly this week.
So there is no need to continually ask:
"How'd we do?”
"What'd we do right?”
"What'd we do wrong?”
"What could we have done better?”
"Did you like us?”
"Did you really like us?”

By persistently asking such questions, we inadvertently shifted the focus off the event and toward ourselves.
This was no time to have an inferiority complex.
Next time, we'll know better.

We did plenty of things right, however.
We properly executed the Big 3: We (1) smiled, (2) welcomed everybody and (3) showed them a good time.
With the proximity of two arenas, six hotels and Bricktown, it's hard to imagine a better setup for fans and their teams.
To get back to their rooms safely each night, fans only needed to drive an elevator, not a car.

Kansas City, with its new $276-million Sprint Center and entertainment district downtown, gets to strut its stuff with the 2008 Big 12 tournaments.

Sites beyond next year have yet to be determined.
What transpired here this week will be closely scrutinized.
Big 12 big-wigs will crunch the numbers and compare notes, then gather at their spring meetings in May at Colorado Springs. Future sites will be determined at that time, or sometime in the summer.

So relax, you locals. And bask in the glow of a job well done.
Big 12 finale: KU-OSU would have been better
The best games are the loudest games. The louder the championship, the better.
No offense to Texas, but the premier Big 12 finale would have been Kansas vs. Oklahoma State.
It would have even been better than ******. (Just ask the Bricktown merchants.)
KU-OSU would have been more evenly matched in the stands.
OSU fans probably would have outnumbered OU fans 3 to 1 and KU fans 2 to 1. Instead, look for KU fans to outnumber Texas fans 4 to 1 for today's 2 p.m. championship game in the Ford Center.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 04:51 PM
Rhode is a fat arrogant blow hard. He should fit in nicely at the Tulsa World.

OklahomaTuba
3/11/2007, 08:09 PM
Is he moving to the Tulsa World? Great.

Big Red Ron
3/11/2007, 11:00 PM
Is he moving to the Tulsa World? Great.Nah, just wishfull thinking. ;)