PDA

View Full Version : Energy Drink ******-*******s. Please advise.

LoyalFan
3/9/2007, 04:27 AM
I'm gonna be driving a bassboat off the trailer @ 0630 today. It's now 0320 and I've been up since 0200 after only three hrs of fitful slumber..Damned PTSD!!!
So, 'tho I'm not s'posed to have caffeine in much quantity (Atrial Fibrillation since '98), can someone please list maybe three of those caffeine bombs that don't taste so &$^%@~! bad as Red Bull(TM)? I'm gonna hit the Stop 'n Rob on the way to the lake and grab whatever you suggest. I won't drink it all at once, I promise.
Dodging deer, driving a high-performance bassboat, and slinging lures with sharp hooks requires a high level of alertitude and I wants me some!
I need the info NLT 0500 CST...thanks.

LF

BajaOklahoma
3/9/2007, 06:02 AM
Not gonna do it. Go back to bed.
NO CAFFEINE FOR YOU! We want you around for awhile longer.

SoonerTerry
3/9/2007, 06:44 AM
RedBull=liquid crack

SoonerTerry
3/9/2007, 06:45 AM
Eat an apple

soonerboomer93
3/9/2007, 08:52 AM
try some peanuts

springs sooner
3/9/2007, 09:44 AM
here in Colorado we have spike - which makes red bull seem like childs stuff. it has been banned in most schools as kids are freaking out on it. It is like a legal drug.

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 09:56 AM
are there any out there that are any good ?
Hell Ive been wondering about em also .

OUDoc
3/9/2007, 10:03 AM
Avoid them. They're no good.

rufnek05
3/9/2007, 10:26 AM
i think none of those should be sold to kids under the age of 16 or 18. i was working the other night last week. about 9:30, a group of about 5 girls, all of ages between 11-13, and they all came in and each purchased the Tall Boy Amped, 24oz of cocain in a can. and it was a friday night so i'm guessing they were having a "slumber party", i just feel bad for the parents that are hosting disaster in hiding.

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 10:36 AM
Ok then Doc
Other cutting back on the beer which aint gonna happen :P
And eating right ? what the hell is that ?
is there a way to boost energy levels that are half assed safe ?

OUDoc
3/9/2007, 10:40 AM
Ok then Doc
Other cutting back on the beer which aint gonna happen :P
And eating right ? what the hell is that ?
is there a way to boost energy levels that are half assed safe ?
No. :D

rufnek05
3/9/2007, 10:43 AM
Mangoseen juice. like Xango

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 10:43 AM
No. :D
So In your words Im DOOMED ?

rufnek05
3/9/2007, 11:06 AM
So In your words Im DOOMED ?

u should look into XanGo juice. my parents swear by it. even stoped my mom's narrow angle glacoma

Petro-Sooner
3/9/2007, 11:12 AM

What is it that makes them no good? I've tried them a few times and sure nuff they work. I sure do get the energy boost. However they make my mind feel like I'm kinda zoned out. I dont know, its wierd. I'll stick to Mt. Dew for my ups.

IB4OU2
3/9/2007, 11:27 AM
Drink a glass of tea instead of coffee.

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 11:32 AM
Drink a glass of tea instead of coffee.
Un sweetend right ?

IB4OU2
3/9/2007, 11:34 AM
Un sweetend right ?

Yep, no sugar.

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 11:44 AM
Yep, no sugar.
;)

olevetonahill
3/9/2007, 01:16 PM
So after Doc said No to the energy drinks , I got to thinking . Hell Ill eat me a decent breakfast drink a large glass Of OJ , and see if that helps
Ill report after I take My nap .

OUDoc
3/9/2007, 01:28 PM
So after Doc said No to the energy drinks , I got to thinking . Hell Ill eat me a decent breakfast drink a large glass Of OJ , and see if that helps
Ill report after I take My nap .
Being "energy" drinks, they tend to be high in caffeine or ephedra-type substances. They can/will increase your blood pressure, heart rate and increase your risks for heart attack, stroke, arrhythmia, etc. Of course, this usually doesn't happen, but the possibility is there, especially if you have a history of heart disease.

Take your nap, it's better for you. :D

LoyalFan
3/9/2007, 08:11 PM
As it happened, not one of yew South Ovulators responded before I had to head out.
I drank several cupsa kawfee and somehow lasted through 9 hours in pursuit of the wily bass. Caught 37, BTW, all kissed and released.
The real HEll came when I had to travel from Garden Ridge back to my digs on Huebner Road during rush hour...never again at that time of day!
So, I'm sitting here in my Fruit O' The Looms, sipping a really nice dry red, and slowly reheating a lot of Meat Lover's Peetzah, Pan Crust, avec lots of red peppah and chizz.
Tomorrow, do post-combat maintenance on 14 rods 'n reels and eat more peetzah.
Thank yew all for caring.

LF

GottaHavePride
3/10/2007, 12:32 AM
If I had seen this thread in time I would have said to drink green tea. Heck, you can even get bottled green tea at most gas stations anymore. Labeled either by Lipton, Snapple, or Fuze. Much better for you than energy crap drinks. (Although most of them still have too much sugar.)

OUstud
3/10/2007, 12:45 AM
There's one called Cocaine, some gas stations have it (usually with a Cocaine sold here sticker on the door). It's like a mix between hot sauce and red bull taste-wise, but it'll get you jacked up.