PDA

View Full Version : Got another interview!

Melo
3/8/2007, 04:18 PM
To make the long story short and ADD sufferer friendly, I have an interview today.

Girl I went to HS with, and later to Blinn with... her dad came through the drive-through at Jack in the crack, recognized me, and told his daughter to pass along a message to me, which consisted of telling me that he needs cashiers, to come in, and he'll pay me more than Jack in the Crack is.

So, wish me luck! Im thinking this might be cake, since the guy already knows me, has seen how I work, and approached me, kind of, to come in for this. But yea, still, this would be pretty cool.

royalfan5
3/8/2007, 04:20 PM
I did give you the advice I give everyone in this situation but you would probably be offended. Good luck though.

sooner_born_1960
3/8/2007, 04:23 PM
Good luck.

Melo
3/8/2007, 04:23 PM
I did give you the advice I give everyone in this situation but you would probably be offended. Good luck though.

If it has anything to do with persuading friends dad with anything other than job-related discussion, I cant say I wasnt expecting someone to bring it up.

:mad:

frankensooner
3/8/2007, 04:43 PM
That is a lot better than some Mexican-Americans smoking some weed. Good luck!

IB4OU2
3/8/2007, 04:43 PM
Good Luck little one! I'm sure you'll get it.

Melo
3/8/2007, 04:51 PM
Here's the best part: Its an auto parts store place (Oh-oh-oh.... O'rielly's!)

So I get to look at and flirt with guys... ALL. DAY!

rufnek05
3/8/2007, 04:55 PM
be sure to tell him you can count change back to people. you would be surprised how many people can't do that. even my mom's special ed students can do it

Melo
3/8/2007, 05:00 PM
be sure to tell him you can count change back to people. you would be surprised how many people can't do that. even my mom's special ed students can do it

Count change? I can count. Now, what I hate - When your total is like $5.65, and someone hands me, say, a ten. I punch in the amount, and then the person goes, 'Oh wait... here's a nickel' Like as an after thought. Then I have to do the math in my head for giving back correct change. No one has ever taught me how to do that, and since the 7th grade, I have flunked every single math class I have had. Im so bad at math... :(

rufnek05
3/8/2007, 05:03 PM
Count change? I can count. Now, what I hate - When your total is like $5.65, and someone hands me, say, a ten. I punch in the amount, and then the person goes, 'Oh wait... here's a nickel' Like as an after thought. Then I have to do the math in my head for giving back correct change. No one has ever taught me how to do that, and since the 7th grade, I have flunked every single math class I have had. Im so bad at math... :(

i've been working at the C-store for so long, i'm use to that. it just takes time. but still just tell him u can, just don't tell him how long it takes you. haha. no but really it helps.

Mjcpr
3/8/2007, 05:04 PM

That means you can't count change.

Melo
3/8/2007, 05:05 PM
That means you can't count change.

Depends on your definition of count change.

rufnek05
3/8/2007, 05:08 PM
Depends on your definition of count change.

being able to count out the persons chage where it ends up with the total they gave you. make cents?

rufnek05
3/8/2007, 05:09 PM
horrible pun, sorry

VeeJay
3/8/2007, 05:17 PM
He must have seen the pics of your Thanksgiving trip to The Greenbrier.

I'd hire you too!

StoopTroup
3/8/2007, 05:39 PM
Good Luck Melo.

OKC Sooner
3/8/2007, 09:15 PM
Take out the amount you were originally going to give them, then add in the extra money they gave you, and hand it to them.

YWIA :D

OUinFLA
3/8/2007, 09:19 PM
Misleading thread title.
I thought you were going to give SicEm another chance to talk to you.

SoonerTerry
3/9/2007, 12:22 AM

Which one do you work at... I need change for a hunerd.